Home
Posted By: Kellywk Boys - 05/11/20
My 8 year old starting taking a renewed interest in his compound bow saturday, hadn't shot it in about 2 months but all of a sudden he's out there shooting 3 hours a day. He asked yesterday if you could use field tips for hunting. Didn't think much of it other than being glad he was interested and spending some time out side.

About an hour ago I get a text from the wife's cell phone showing a video of about 15 goats wandering in the dirt road right behind the back yard, no idea where they came from as there isn't a pasture for a couple miles in that direction but someone's fence must be down. 15 minutes later he calls me to ask if he can shoot one because "mom said no". So I asked when he first saw them and it was saturday morning right before he found the renewed interest.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Boys - 05/11/20
Nice to hear of a young man setting goals for himself and having a plan to attain them. wink
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Boys - 05/11/20
Is this a case of "Always ask the other parent if the first one says NO" ?

Please, oh please let's hope he doesn't shoot a goat with a field tip from a compound bow set up for an 8 year old.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Boys - 05/11/20
My boy was 10 or 12 and wanted a new guitar that cost the same as a new rifle. I know how kids are, and I remember Dad spending over $100 for a used trumpet my younger brother never did learn to play. frown I offered a compromise, a cheap guitar now, and the nice one after I hear a few songs played on it.
I heard some bitching, but I never did hear any music! grin
Kids don’t come with a handbook. A parent had better have a little common sense!
7mm
Posted By: hanco Re: Boys - 05/11/20
Sounds like a hunter to me.
© 24hourcampfire