Home
Not all LEO are the thugs that some on here think they are.

He'll never get far with an attitude like that. Recognizing citizens have rights and they derive their power from the consent of the governed is not going to be a popular message with fellow LEO.
Would like people to remember that there are a number of the most solid, America-loving, respectful, and hard working (and hard charging) LEO’s you could ever hope to befriend, who frequent the campfire. Guys who will do the right thing, come hell or high water.

Remember that the next time the broad brush gets slapped around here, running LEO down, that the good guys are visiting just like you, to get away, share something, learn something.

Anyway. Enjoyed the video.
He gets it
Seems like a solid guy who gets it. Too bad the majority don’t share his view
He was fired today for refusing a direct order to remove the video. Sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA-Zbz6V_k0
Originally Posted by Dess
He was fired today for refusing a direct order to remove the video. Sad.

Shouldn't be long before the constitution respecting 90% of good cops
will demand his reinstatement, or is it they will stay silent cause they
are just happy that his type is gone..
I would suggest he get to know a gentleman named L. Lin Wood.
I hope he fights it and the news media makes the Stench in Washington State be known everywhere.
He has my support but I'm not from his jurisdiction. My prayers are with him. I am in the process of leaving a department who didn't bother to warn us that we had a Covid patient in the infirmary and who was out in GP for a while before they put him in the infirmary. I WAS retiring anyway and was only working 2 days a week to help out. But my family is more valuable to me. The people running our department have been out of control since I joined in '96. Mr. Anderson's department is out of control also. It is coming out all over the country. I hope G A finds a job where they appreciate and not just give lip service to his moral standards. I had to stand on mine. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Sounds like a law suit is in someone’s future.
Can't stereotype cops......... Some are great, down to earth, Americans and some are not. Like most any profession.
It’s worth mentioning once again, that when I, or most other members here speak up about questionable police actions, that is not intended as a personal attack on fellow members in the police line of work. It is hard to avoid the fact that police are directly involved in every Covid19 civil rights abuse going on in America today. Cops here should not feel it necessary to quickly jump to the defense, or feel they have to challenge every perceived “anti cop” post as a personal attack.
I would be honored to have him serving as LEO in my town, and the same goes for some of the LEO posting on the fire.

That said, I doubt highly that his is a majority view in a great many areas.

When you are making $140k a year and have a killer pension at 50y/o on the line, he who schedules the overtime is to be obeyed. Period.

LEO always has and always will draw people who seek power. Not all, but just like Kindergarten teachers are generally caring, and politicians at the national level re generally corrupt liars, and Athletes want to compete, people who seek to control and have power very often gravitate to LEO. It just is what it is.
Originally Posted by viking
Sounds like a law suit is in someone’s future.
One can only hope...
His go fund me is making it WELL worth it. Over 275k already. I hope he becomes a millionaire for doing the right thing.
Originally Posted by high_country_
His go fund me is making it WELL worth it. Over 275k already. I hope he becomes a millionaire for doing the right thing.

I need to refine my victim status.

My old man told me that principals are things in which you believe in and stand up for...consequences be damned.

That man has principals.
Originally Posted by prplbkrr

My old man told me that principals are things in which you believe in and stand up for...consequences be damned.

That man has principals.

And over a quarter million dollars.
© 24hourcampfire