Home
Posted By: wabigoon Good Morning, and What's Up? - 05/14/20
Just finished my second cup of coffee. Light rain here yesterday, and overnight. Jake spread urea on the pastures yesterday, the light rain should have melted it in.

I have no idea what today will bring, but I hope we are up to it.
Terribly dry here and trying to determine which cows are going to town first.
It's bad when the feed is low. We need a soaking rain badly here.
Morning all!

Thing have finally slowed down, for a change. Garden is planted, electric fence is up, grass cutting and bush hogging is done, and we got a shower yesterday. Always got something else that you can do on a farm, but none of it is pressing, at the moment. Kinda taking it easy for a day or two.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Posted By: MM879 Re: Good Morning, and What's Up? - 05/14/20
It is my job today to convince a 94 year old woman that she needs a weather proof roof over her head. I might have to use the secret weapon and buy her a doughnut.
The temperature is up. Gonna be 75* today.

We had a heavy frost yesterday morning and freezing temps last weekend.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Cool in OC CA today and yesterday, must be June gloom. Recovering today after getting up early yesterday and social distancing in the desert and testing ballistics out to 1,400 yards with winds 7-18 mph. I noticed a lot cars on the road yesterday.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Just finished my second cup of coffee. Light rain here yesterday, and overnight. Jake spread urea on the pastures yesterday, the light rain should have melted it in.

I have no idea what today will bring, but I hope we are up to it.
Today brings the first day of freedom from that POS Governor Evers' illegal and unconstitutional executive order.. It's a joyous day indeed..

Only thing that could make it better is that I hear that POS died from a massive coronary.. The day is still young...
"Now all at once Jed's a millionaire". I am richer still. laugh
Not too much Richard.

Still trying to get some seed in the ground.

We finished up cutting safflower a week or so ago.

I tried some liquid fertilizer on a hay field. 300 acres. We have had 4 tenths since then.

Been a cold spring here, but the pasture calving is coming along nicely. I assume anyway!

We dont feel like we are late yet with seeding....just getting a good sprout now on weeds. Been freezing at nights.

More work today....and maybe some rabbit butchering tonight.
Jim can you buy ammonia nitrate there?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Good Morning, and What's Up? - 05/14/20
Just back from a grocery run (old folks' hour). Had left-over cornbread and some little smoked sausages with a glass of milk. (Still no coffee.) Light rain overnight here as well. Quite foggy this morning.
Jim can you buy ammonia nitrate there?

Shoot, I dont know for sure Richard.

I think they sell it in a liquid? UAN? Does that sound familiar?

Not sure what the dry N is that we get.

Kawi SxS loaded........

headed O U T !
All the dry N we can get is urea, hot weather will send the nitrogen back to the sky. It hast be covered, or get a rain.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Kawi SxS loaded........

headed O U T !

Pics or it didn't happen.....
All the dry N we can get is urea, hot weather will send the nitrogen back to the sky. It hast be covered, or get a rain.

Is the ammonium nitrate better?

I think ours is urea too. I think.
Take your Vitamin D supplements and don't forget to drink your Ovaltine.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Take your Vitamin D supplements and don't forget to drink your Ovaltine.

All of which is readily available in Beer.

Chelated for her pleasure.....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Kawi SxS loaded........

headed O U T !

Pics or it didn't happen.....

later today.........

Fish Lake Forest......1000 Lake Mtn

See where the snow starts
Have a good one Tikka!

Wife ordered this last night. Fathers day gift.

Spending my stimulus money? πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Up for 3+ hours now. Coffee done. Brokenfast was eggs sunny up, ham, country taters, and toast with a glass of milk. Nothing on the schedule for today.

Played golf in a light rain yesterday, it was actually fun to do so. Did sorta wish I had packed a flask of Irish waterproofing, though, lol! Not enough to do any good - it totaled .003" - but it did get me and my gear wet.
Watching it rain, got an inch overnight.

Beans were up yesterday.

An inch of rain Wayne? What church do you go to? smile
Morning. First day off a 12 day shift. Headed out soon to set trail cams on a nice ridgeline I found last year. Getting excited for the season.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I have thanked everyone multiple times!
Originally Posted by slumlord

I have thanked everyone multiple times!

Ours will be spent on a small generator and a transfer switch on the well. Other than water coming out of the ground, we're pretty self sufficient until the grocery stores close up. The we have eggs, deer, rabbits, Eurasian doves, quail, and a neighbor's cow if the SHTF for real.............as in Mt Lassen blows her top. I'll settle up with the rancher neighbor if he survives.

What's up here today?..........more drizzle............after a day and a half of it I just wish it would really rain. Maybe I get some more stuff planted in pots and stuff to go in the greenhouse until it stops freezing at night. Clouds have kept it above the past couple of nights, 38-41, but when they clear it'll frost again.

Jim, if you get to them rabbits today, and you have some extra skins, I'll make you a deal on some.

Oh, my hive foundations showed up today, so I get to pull the really old ones out of the frames in the hive my buddy loaned me. And then install new ones. Bees are expected next week!! Wish they had shipped this week, we're missing the start of the wildflower bloom.
What's up?

My wife's alarm clock.
Have a good one Tikka!

Wife ordered this last night. Fathers day gift.

Have a two burner Brookstone......works great

Have a big bottle plumbed into it

Posted By: hanco Re: Good Morning, and What's Up? - 05/15/20
Another big day, glad it’s Friday
© 24hourcampfire