Home
105 degrees right now here in N TX !

keep that........

constant winds at 30+ right now

low of 38* again tonight
Sum beach
I was in shirtsleeves when we started planting a few weeks back, cool now.
I absolutely cannot handle that chit. We were about 2 weeks late getting out of Yuma this year to head back to Wyoming, suffered mightily in 100+ for over a week straight before we left. Wont go back until late October.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

If anyone was thinking of retiring there, you just blew that for them. laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

If anyone was thinking of retiring there, you just blew that for them. laugh laugh laugh

LOL !

actually heard the weather guy mention snow down to 6500' in northern Utah this week end

Prob WY & MT too
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Record frosts around here. Half of the trees lost new leaves. Leaf loss may be C19 though.
Just broke 60, might have to loose my flannel shirt laugh
99 degrees on the front porch.....

but only a balmy 88 in the house grin
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

My A/C is struggling to keep it 76 in here.

Electric fans are my friend.

It takes some days of this to REALLY heat up the house.

Anyways, been doing this so long now I hardly notice.
92 here today in Colorado. Broke and all time record.

Grass already looking like chit.
We're getting a little rain here. Cooled it off again. Only got to 58*, which I don't mind this early. It should get into the 60's later in the week.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

It didn't hit 105 at the farm, think we hit 101. But it was mostly miserable. I"m so glad I'm finally flying next week back to Alaska. I'll feel much better body wise, the heat gives me aches and pains like crazy. I'll have more energy. I'll have much better scenery than TX. Though its not bad here. Deer are out right now, wood duck in one box, tree duck in the other.
Almost a record here, got up to 92 by Lake Conroe
too windy to get hot here today
It might have hit 70 today in Southwest Missouri. 10 day forecast isn’t out if the 70s. Rain about half that time.
Ice went out of Lake Nipigon today—must have been close to 60.
Weatherman revised it at 10:00. It got to 107.

Holy moly! I remember once here it got to 105 on May 31st, I remember because it was killing nestling purple martins right in their nests. 107 in North Texas third week of May seems right off the scale shocked
Mid 60s here with heavy rain. Same, same for mid to late May. We will see if the NASCAR race gets off next weekend.

I would swap in a shot as I am sitting here freezing my arse off at 59 F (15 C)...105 F (41 C) sounds just about perfect.

I have the fire going and the electric heater is about 12 inches to my left, and it is 4.06 pm...am really not looking forward to tonight.
Low 90’s here today
89 yesterday in north FL. Still in a drought. Less than half normal rainfall in 2020.
We've had one of the coolest springs I remember here in NE FL. But I think the good times are over and the misery is about to begin.
Had snowflakes last night. LOL
I'll take 58 and wet over 107 any day of the week and twice on Sunday

35* here this morning at the farm

We went over 90 yesterday.....way too darn hot. Winds 10 to 25, humidity less than 20%. I worked outside most of the day....operating a hand shovel. Even with lots of water, got dehydrated (started getting muscle cramps) and maybe a touch of heat exhaustion. This “old age virus” sucks!

But, good news on the horizon! A little front on the way, some rain predicted and Saturday’s high predicted to be 48. I can hardly wait.....I’m all ready looking forward to fall/winter! memtb
Getting hot,, may break record today
Originally Posted by slumlord

Why are her pupils fully dilated even though she is staring into a light ?

Holy moly! I remember once here it got to 105 on May 31st, I remember because it was killing nestling purple martins right in their nests. 107 in North Texas third week of May seems right off the scale shocked

Yep. Too damn hot for the middle of May. I’m about ready to head to Colorado!
Chlinstructor: What the heck?
105 degrees in mid-May seems... well,,,, unpleasant!
Its a balmy 57 here in SW Montana with a high predicted to be 58.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
We got a brief reprieve here. Yesterday was 74* in town and 46* where i started hiking at 7400'. Last week I was sweating in shorts and a T shirt. It will soon be cooking here though.

mike r
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by slumlord

Why are her pupils fully dilated even though she is staring into a light ?

Brain damage can do that.

Hecho en Tejas?
That’s why I hav

That’s why I have two 3 ton units in a 3000.00 sq. ft house. That and I’m not cshit out of luck if one goes down.
© 24hourcampfire