Home
Hi Guys:

A major ammunition company would like our collective input to use in product development. I can tell you firsthand they have come out with some awesome stuff in the last couple of years. I like (and expect) that companies solicit the opinions of shooters and hunters so they can best meet our needs. So, I filled out the survey, and ask that you consider filling it out as well:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZT3K66

As a bonus, completing the survey puts your name in the hat for a case of ammunition (200 rounds).

Thank you, and good luck!
done
Ain't nothing in the world a man can't fix with $700 and a 30-06...
I was hoping to get Rick rolled. I took the survey but didn't input my vitals.
Done
Done
Done and entered.
I don't trust surveys unless I know for sure who's running them......too many scams and trickery.
Originally Posted by reivertom
I don't trust surveys unless I know for sure who's running them......too many scams and trickery.

Really? Rick posted it first of all. Second it says exactly who is running the survey! SurveyMonkey.com
Done
Me to Rick, I'll likely win, win a pack of Daisy BB"S! laugh
Haven’t purchased any factory CF ammo in....forever. Took the survey anyway.
Done, little tedious as a handloader...
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Me to Rick, I'll likely win, win a pack of Daisy BB"S! laugh

Your check has to clear first. wink
Done
Done, but don't need the ammo.
It’s very rare for me to buy factory ammunition. If I do buy some it’s almost always to pull down for brass I can’t find. I bought five boxes of Winchester 7mm wsm a couple of years ago and last year I bought ten boxes of Norma 300 wsm because I couldn’t buy brass as cheap as I got the loaded ammo for. Other than that I bought a box of 30-30 while I was out of town so I could sight in a 30-30 for a friend to use. Took the survey anyway.
Done
Interesting set of questions there. Then at the end I found out who, which leads to the why of the survey.

Should I win, I have to pass a background check and have it sent to a licensed retailer willing to accept it, at least a two hour drive away if I can find one there. Our only local seller will not accept folks ordering stuff online and having it shipped there. Only sells what he stocks.........at his markup of course. I can only hope the CA ammo restriction court case gets settled within my lifetime.

And, given who the company appears to be, I'll likely not be able to use the ammo for anything but target practice here.
done
Done and done.
It also tells you at the end what brands of ammo you could win.

I hope I win so I can get some ammo to go with the AR10 I won last year.

Hey Rick, put in a plug for me and I'll split the ammo with ya. smile
Did the survey but didn't enter to win ammo.
Done
Originally Posted by websterparish47

Same here.

Curious they didn't mention rimfire ammo at all. America just simply cannot seem to manufacture good .22 ammo any more, you have to buy European stuff if you expect to stay in the 10 ring.

Same here. My answers were kind of pointless because I don't let factory ammunition pollute my barrels. the only ammo I purchase is Fiocchi shotgun ammo.
Done
Done.

That was a pretty thorough survey.
Done
Started it but gave up when it dragged on asking about ammunition I have no experience or interest in.... stupid long survey... wish someone else good luck "winning" ammo.
Bam!!!!!
Done...
Gawd dammm.......
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Started it but gave up when it dragged on asking about ammunition I have no experience or interest in.... stupid long survey... wish someone else good luck "winning" ammo.

Strong effort regardless.
Curious as to why some of you didn't want a chance to get the ammo?

Y'all got enough ammo already?
Done...
Originally Posted by jnyork

Same here.

Curious they didn't mention rimfire ammo at all. America just simply cannot seem to manufacture good .22 ammo any more, you have to buy European stuff if you expect to stay in the 10 ring.

There was a question of rimfire. smile smile

These type of surveys never give a true indication of things being surveyed. When you can only give one answer number per question you are getting foggy answers at best. I could rate several aspects as a 1 or any other number. They force you to pick and in doing so you might just roll the dice, or discount something in the other answer or the other when in reality they both matter the same to you.
I'm in Ric. Glad to help.
You are back Jeff.
Done
Pretty much reload everything but my gay 270 and rimfire, so I gave up halfway through. My answers were just going to jack up their research with all my "no's" and "n/a's".

If there'd been a bunch of Creedmoor options I'd have clicked on all those for fun, but there wasn't.
Done
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
It also tells you at the end what brands of ammo you could win.

I hope I win so I can get some ammo to go with the AR10 I won last year.

Hey Rick, put in a plug for me and I'll split the ammo with ya. smile

Uhoh. I missed that line. Guess i will not win
Phew! Done...
done
Done
Had to eat a sandwich halfway through but got it done son.
Originally Posted by 19352012
I was hoping to get Rick rolled. I took the survey but didn't input my vitals.

Use this generic info and you're golden.
Done.
Done.
For all of you factory ammo funsuckers.....give the freaking ammo to a kid or someone who really needs it. GEEEEEESH!
Don't tell anyone, but other than .22 RF I haven't purchased any factory ammo in many years, perhaps 20 or more.
Rick:

I completed the survey. But I didn't give my info. I get enough junk mail already.

KC
Done
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Haven’t purchased any factory CF ammo in....forever. Took the survey anyway.

I did the same Dan. smile

Jim
Done
Originally Posted by RickBin
Hi Guys:

A major ammunition company would like our collective input to use in product development. I can tell you firsthand they have come out with some awesome stuff in the last couple of years. I like (and expect) that companies solicit the opinions of shooters and hunters so they can best meet our needs. So, I filled out the survey, and ask that you consider filling it out as well:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZT3K66

As a bonus, completing the survey puts your name in the hat for a case of ammunition (200 rounds).

Thank you, and good luck!
done without name, etc. Good luck.
Done
Is factory rifle ammo still way more expensive and less accurate than handloads? I've heard that the quality is better but what about cost?

Shotgun ammo has come way down in cost over the last couple of decades. If you shoot 12 gauge target loads, you probably can't even reload them for the cost of new. Oddballs like 28 gauge are about all I reload in shotgun ammo.
Done!
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Is factory rifle ammo still way more expensive and less accurate than handloads? I've heard that the quality is better but what about cost?

Shotgun ammo has come way down in cost over the last couple of decades. If you shoot 12 gauge target loads, you probably can't even reload them for the cost of new. Oddballs like 28 gauge are about all I reload in shotgun ammo.

Check the price of factory .416 Rigby ammo.
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Phew! Done...

What he said verbatim!

Same here. My answers were kind of pointless because I don't let factory ammunition pollute my barrels. the only ammo I purchase is Fiocchi shotgun ammo.

You dont want to pollute your barrels so you buy Fiocchi ammo?
Originally Posted by 19352012

You dont want to pollute your barrels so you buy Fiocchi ammo?

Yep. I use Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics for practice and Fiocchi Little Rhino (harder shot) for tournaments. I doubt is makes any difference, maybe between a 96 and a 95 on Sporting Clays. I'm nowhere near 95 yet. Whenever I miss a bird, I know it because I can tell the bird went "there" while I shot a different "there."

Rifles are all about velocity, small groups, and ballistic coefficient. Such things are irrelevant with clay target shooting. The only 12 gauge I reload, BTW, is 7/8 ounce #9 for Skeet. It's hard to find loaded shells like that.
I began but can only recall one box of factory centerfire rifle ammo I've bought in the last two or three decades maybe longer.
I appreciate the interest and wish them well.
I’ve bought several cases of Berger 6.5 creed ammo lately. About $1.25/round with brand new Lapua brass. Hard to beat if you’re buying brass to start with...
Survey completed sir!
Okay, but they ain't gonna like all my answers.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting set of questions there. Then at the end I found out who, which leads to the why of the survey.

Should I win, I have to pass a background check and have it sent to a licensed retailer willing to accept it, at least a two hour drive away if I can find one there. Our only local seller will not accept folks ordering stuff online and having it shipped there. Only sells what he stocks.........at his markup of course. I can only hope the CA ammo restriction court case gets settled within my lifetime.

And, given who the company appears to be, I'll likely not be able to use the ammo for anything but target practice here.

I bet your friend in Klamath Falls would accept shipment. Then you could go shoot it up at their place. Never violating any Kalifornia laws....
Done, I load more than I bought in the last twenty years. Would have applied more if they asked about bullets and powder.
I refuse to complete surveys that require my contact information. Why do they need that?
Done.
I couldn't read the whole survey without filling out the first page?
Done
Done but didn't enter my personal info.
The only factory ammo I've bought in a long time has been Hornady's .17 Hornet ammo. I have to work too hard to match it's accuracy with handloads, so I had Darrik get me two cases last month. I probably won't ever use it up before I die, but at least I won't be wasting my time loading the stuff.
Originally Posted by smokepole
I refuse to complete surveys that require my contact information. Why do they need that?

How they gonna send you the ammo when you win if you won't give contact info........Sheesh

Done
done...
Done

They badly need a "no experience or opinion" option on some of those segments
Done
Have I won anything yet?

laugh
Mostly, I win the bobby prize.
Done.

It's nice to be asked. Now if they will just listen.

Ed
Bump for the morning crowd.
Done
Done
Just saw this. Thanks Rick.

But like a few others, the last time I bought a box of centerfire anything was 1982. Other than HMR an 22 LR, I roll my own.

They should have given an option for such a response.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by reivertom

Really? Rick posted it first of all. Second it says exactly who is running the survey! SurveyMonkey.com

Survey monkey.. really..... surveys are BS.
They should use qualtrics. Much better than the monkey but I'm biased because qualtrics was founded by my measurement and analysis teacher in MBA school. I actually helped him beta test some of his original stuff in 2005. I wish he'd have let me buy in at that time but he wanted it family only at first. They sold it for billions. Good old Dr. Smith.

Berger really should look into conjoint analysis as a marketing tool for product development. I used it to create some of the now top selling products at my last job.

Bb
Done.
Since WHEN did a ‘case’ lessen to 200 rounds?
© 24hourcampfire