Home
Posted By: Cheesy Grilling season? - 05/24/20
TV on in the background, hear them say “this is the first weekend of grilling season”. People seriously don’t grill year round? I mean here we don’t have snow in the ground year round, winter temps get into the teens often, hit zero a few times a winter, but we still grill year round. Usually at least once a week, if not more.

Charcoal of course. (But I will admit to wanting a Weber gas for times I want something quick)
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
I don’t “grill” in the winter, but I do smoke on the pellet smoker.

Grilling for us starts about early April and continues on through deer season, smoking is year round.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Year round here. Wood and gas depending on whats cooking and how lazy I'm feeling. We substitute the gas grill for the oven in the summer months.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Im in shorts and flip flops mostly year round unless i'm working.

BBQ/Grillin/smokin all year.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
I grill year round, even in Minnesota. Most of the year, a couple times a week. In winter, I won’t grill when it’s extremely cold, but above 10 degrees, no problem.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
When ever I can stand it....we cook outside.

Sweep the snow off and get to it.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Originally Posted by Cheesy
TV on in the background, hear them say “this is the first weekend of grilling season”. People seriously don’t grill year round? I mean here we don’t have snow in the ground year round, winter temps get into the teens often, hit zero a few times a winter, but we still grill year round. Usually at least once a week, if not more.

Charcoal of course. (But I will admit to wanting a Weber gas for times I want something quick)

I start grilling when the weather gets hot enough to defeat my central AC were I to cook inside. Breakfast is okay to cook inside all year since it's not hot outside yet, but lunch and dinner needs to be cooked outside once the high for the day exceeds 90 degrees.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20

Grill all year round....burgers steak chicken even 20+ pound turkey on the new NG Weber..

Smoke....sure just more effort......only used dry fruit wood......Ribs are awesome

Griddle cooking ? Best smash burger on the Blackstone ever ......

Over the fire ? Brauts/kraut & a cold beer on the desert on SxS rides

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: slumlord Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
TV news makes such announcements for the Homer Simpson types. It’s sponsored by the hot dog industry.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Year round here 4-6 times/week.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
We did a prime rib yesterday, a few days back I finished a steak in the oven, too windy.
[Linked Image from vecto.rs]
Posted By: slumlord Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: horse1 Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
The grilling season is year 'round here in ND. I've grilled during ice-storms when it's knocked out power. Weber propane or BGE. About the only weather that gives me pause is 25+MPH winds from the SW as I don't have a lot of protection from that direction and temps become more difficult to control.
Power outage years ago, two men cooked eggs with an acetylene torch, and cast frying pan.
Posted By: deflave Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20

I know in a lot of midwestern states it's a thing.

They take the cover off around this time of year and act like they're about to spark the engines on an SR-71.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
I grilled year-round when we lived on the Canadian border...do you think it would be any different now that we're in South Carolina. I get more bang for the buck from my $99 Weber charcoal kettle grills than you can imagine. I do steaks, of course, but also rib roasts, whole turkeys (wild and the other kind) ribs...you name it. Today I've got a 9 pound pork shoulder that's going on the grill in about a half-hours.

Gas grills...ppfffffttt
Posted By: hanco Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
We bbq with mesquite year round by Lake Conroe. Wifey grills hamburgers with her charcoal grill once in a while.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
What Horse1 said. I grill year round in ND, temps as low as -20. The only caveat would be the wind, but my front porch is sheltered from the NW winds we usually get so unless it is extreme, I can make it happen.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
One of the nice things about grilling during the winter is your beer gets colder as you're drinking.
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
I grill year around on my regular Weber with charcoal.

But flave is right a lot of dudes are taking the cover off their gas grills right now and acting like they’re some kind of grill masters. Most of those guys couldn’t cook anything more than a hotdog or burger without gas or a pellet grill.
There is the firebox for cooking while ice fishing.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Thirty below or 100°+, every day is grilling day. Meat does not go on the stove.
Posted By: saskfox Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Year round here as well. 6 or so times a week for supper. 4 or so lunches a week. Broil Mate propane grill. How do you guys like your Weber gas grills? Probably be the next one I buy.
Canadian smokies fishing in the hut on Wabigoon lake.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Couple nights ago was bacon wrapped shrimp and pineapple basted in bbq sauce thinned with pineapple juice.

Big prime ribeyes there next night. Both on the PitBoss BGE knckoff.

Trout on the (gasp) pellet smoker right now.

Also have a traditional Weber kettle and a tiny Weber Kettle depending on how much I’m grilling.

Boneless pork roast tonight

cast iron pot on the Weber......
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Never understood why it’d be a “season” unless you’re snowed in. This mornings pic.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: B_n_C_Buck Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
I grill year round, certainly more in the summer time.

Question for fire, thoughts on griddle vs a traditional grill? It's time for a new grill, probably go that route, but a griddle is intriguing.
Originally Posted by B_n_C_Buck

Question for fire, thoughts on griddle vs a traditional grill? It's time for a new grill, probably go that route, but a griddle is intriguing.

gotta have both.........and a smoker.... grin
Posted By: 1minute Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
All the pictured grills here look just like mine. If a health inspector pass by, it would be labeled a superfund site.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
I didn’t know there was a special season.
Posted By: savatage Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
We use our Weber charcoal grill , and have a Brinkman smoker . Love and use them both.
Good groceries !
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Grilling season? - 05/24/20
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by B_n_C_Buck

gotta have both.........and a smoker.... grin

I bought one with my Trump Bucks.

A Camp Chef 4 burner.

Broke all to hell....welds cracked.

Camp Chef (Utah) took Friday off......for memorial day.

Try again Tuesday.
© 24hourcampfire