Home
Posted By: jnyork USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
I mailed a package with USPS Thursday afternoon, the tracking number still does not show up in their system meaning I can't track my package, which causes me concern. Never had the slightest problem before with this.

Anyone else having the problem?
Posted By: gunswizard Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
Be patient, it's a holiday weekend.
Posted By: KenMi Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
The USPS and Fedex are both incredibly inefficient recently. Mail and packages get hung up in large city sorting centers for 5-6 days.
Expect 5-6 days minimum for first class, no matter how close.
UPS is running right on track
Posted By: renegade50 Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
Probably wont get any info till tuesday.
Posted By: hanco Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
It takes a little time. I’ve sold things to people, sent the tracking number, ten minutes later they are pissed, cause number doesn’t show in system yet.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
The USPS tracking system is a farce. Always has been, and has just gotten worse with the current crisis. I've ordered a couple of items that took forever, one sitting in SLC for about two weeks. It was a used book I ordered off Amazon, so no big deal. The seller assumed it was lost, refunded my money, and a few days later the book arrived in the mail!

The tracking seems to tell you "It's out there somewhere and it will arrive some day." Pretty vague as to the item's exact whereabouts.

Our local post office lady told me they are getting volume at holiday levels but no extra staff like they usually hire for the holidays. Makes sense.

The item will eventually reach its destination - probably. Hope it works out for you.

Paul
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
Ut Oh.

Somebody x-rayed the "Machine Parts"... eek
Posted By: local_dirt Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
Originally Posted by renegade50
Probably wont get any info till tuesday.

^^^^^^
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
I normally get the "Your package has been received." status about an hour after I drop off and pay for a USPS Priority Mail item. If your tracking number does not show "some status" by noon on Tuesday, I would be at the PO Tuesday afternoon to follow up.
Posted By: DMc Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
USPS is truly hit or miss...

Hopefully the Trump admin will put in place an EO that postal workers can be fired.

This will change a lot!
Originally Posted by jnyork
I mailed a package with USPS Thursday afternoon, the tracking number still does not show up in their system meaning I can't track my package, which causes me concern. Never had the slightest problem before with this.

Anyone else having the problem?

Lately the USPS is being a biotch. I was tracking a package a couple weeks ago and it stayed at one location (about 30 miles from the sellers location) for 6 days....
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
The USPS seldom updates it's tracking after the point of origin. It'll just say 'in transit' until you receive it.
Posted By: las Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
Sometimes they get it right.

I ordered a butt-plug on the 20th. 1st class mail. Tracking says it is here on the 24 - went thru NJ even.

For the Achilles....for the Achilles!

I'll go in later and check POB just to see if it is real.
Posted By: geedubya Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
Currently have a package in limbo that was supposed to be delivered on May 11.

ya!

GWB
Posted By: las Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
Make that yesterday- the 23rd. Says it arrived at 6:40, in box about 10:30. On line order on 20th. Pretty good! If it is there.

Got a M70 bedding job going- will check later.
Posted By: robertham1 Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
I overheard the Lady at the post office Say its as busy or busier than it is during Christmas- due to peoples fear of going out shopping so they’re doing online ordering.

She said things are taking a day or two extra.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
I had half a dozen packages making laps around Nashville for 3 or 4 days before about half of them arrived Saturday. The others are still making laps. Under normal conditions, they are here the day after they 1st hit Nashville.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
I like getting stuff UPS.
Main hub is less than a mile away as the crow flies.
Check its status.
Put a hold on it . Pick up in person at 9am.

USPS
Goat fugg dealing with putting a hold on something with them.
N double O run ......
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/24/20
Check its status.

USPS
N double O run ......

You're slacking, then. My Postmaster would call me at 7:30AM and ask whether they should deliver, or would I like to come pick it up.............. He just retired last Friday, so now I have to start training a new one...........
Posted By: renegade50 Re: USPS package tracking? - 05/25/20
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Check its status.

USPS
N double O run ......

You're slacking, then. My Postmaster would call me at 7:30AM and ask whether they should deliver, or would I like to come pick it up.............. He just retired last Friday, so now I have to start training a new one...........

Ours main office is:
N double O ....
"Negro" owned and operated....
Aint no budging them to do stuff outside of their job title.
LOL!!!
© 24hourcampfire