Home
And you think Corvid 19 is a bitch. Good article for us nerds, vieos too.

Some 66 million years ago, an asteroid hit the Earth on the eastern coast of modern Mexico, resulting in up to three quarters of plant and animal species living on the planet going extinct -- including the dinosaurs. Now, a team of researchers equipped with a supercomputer have managed to simulate the entire event, shedding light on the reasons that the impact led to a mass extinction of life. The simulations were carried out by scientists at Imperial College in London, using high performance computing (HPC) facilities provided by Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The research focused on establishing as precise an impact angle and trajectory as possible, which in turn can help determine precisely how the asteroid's hit affected the surrounding environment.
slashdot
The earth, and all creatures were created in a six day (day = 24 hours) period about 5000 years ago. We have a written genealogy, starting with the first man Adam and first woman Eve. Dinosaurs were still roaming the earth in the days of Job.

Bible
That’s the same computer Fosteology, ms lynn and other geniuses decided myself and renegade were using to access this site a few years ago.

It was set up in renegade’s basement next to lifetime supply of Ol Roy dinner delight.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The earth, and all creatures were created in a six day (day = 24 hours) period about 5000 years ago. We have a written genealogy, starting with the first man Adam and first woman Eve. Dinosaurs were still roaming the earth in the days of Job.

Bible

Huhh..

Bible

And the Egyptian pyramids where created when?
The history of modern man is about 6000 years old.
“In the beginning” was a long time before that.
Light has traveled for 15 billion years and the universe is still expanding. Our own galaxy has been here for 4.5 billion years. Science does not contradict the Bible, if you dig deep enough it reveals it. How awesome is His creation!
tag
Originally Posted by nighthawk
And you think Corvid 19 is a bitch. Good article for us nerds, vieos too.

Some 66 million years ago, an asteroid hit the Earth on the eastern coast of modern Mexico, resulting in up to three quarters of plant and animal species living on the planet going extinct -- including the dinosaurs. Now, a team of researchers equipped with a supercomputer have managed to simulate the entire event, shedding light on the reasons that the impact led to a mass extinction of life. The simulations were carried out by scientists at Imperial College in London, using high performance computing (HPC) facilities provided by Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The research focused on establishing as precise an impact angle and trajectory as possible, which in turn can help determine precisely how the asteroid's hit affected the surrounding environment.
slashdot

This reminds me of the computer saying, "Garbage in, garbage out." It can only respond to the programmers' program.

Bible

Göbekli Tepi
Only 5% uncovered but it dates back 10,000 years

Bible

I think it's more like 7,000 years old. Watch the youtube video "How long were the Israelite in Egypt?"

Bible

This is utter nonsense and is as thoroughly contradicted by empircal evidence as the flat earth theory.

Bible

And then there's the age old next question: How do you know the Bible is right?
Isn't the Imperial College the same brain scientists who brought us the Covid-19 models?
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Isn't the Imperial College the same brain scientists who brought us the Covid-19 models?

DOH!!!!
They ran a model of the likelihood of the bible being correct (all religions) and the output was a pile of manure - good fertiliser but little else
"The 14,000-cores system, powered by Intel's Skylake chips, is supported by a 6TB server to accommodate large, in-memory calculations."

That could be fun to play with.
I would require old timey panels showing register contents in binary. grin
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Light has traveled for 15 billion years and the universe is still expanding. Our own galaxy has been here for 4.5 billion years. Science does not contradict the Bible, if you dig deep enough it reveals it. How awesome is His creation!

You have been duped. We have no idea how light traveled "In the beginning." Do you know about Hubble's concentric spheres?
Can’t wait for the uranus jokes
The Creation and the Age of the Earth
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

You have been duped. We have no idea how light traveled "In the beginning." Do you know about Hubble's concentric spheres?

Rich,
As far as I can find, Hubble never mentions "Concentric" spheres. "Concentric spheres" is an invention of ancient Babylon and carried through to the Greek philosophers as they attempted to explain the observable heavens while holding to their geocentric myths.

Hubble did expound on a theory of many universes traveling through space independently and mainly invisible to one another because they each move faster than the speed of light. (Expanding Universe)

Hubble's theories presuppose that the age of the universe is 13.8 billion years old.

This theory, you invoke has about 1/10 of one percent the data to support it as does the theory of evolution. We know how you feel about that one.
...and Fox News will end freedom and democracy as we know it...

https://news.slashdot.org/story/19/...eat-to-national-security?sdsrc=popbyskid

Mythology is created to explain the observable world around the population, as a means to keep priests fat, happy, and well laid.

As data is gained, and further facts become known, mythology must adapt and conform to the those new facts. If the mythology fails to conform to new knowledge, it become useless and falls by the wayside. Then the priests become skinny, sad, and lonely.
Praying for you Idaho Shooter.
So have a lot of other people.

It saddened me greatly that I could not lie to my beloved Grandmother and tell her I believed in something which meant nothing to me,

Bible

I read through the Book of Job about a year or so ago. Out of all of Job's problems he was dealing with, he never mentioned T-Rex being one of them.
© 24hourcampfire