Home
A 25,000' freefall without a chute. There's no limit to how stupid some thrill seekers can be. This was a few years ago and I think it's been done more times since then.

That’s crazy!!
Not this kid.
Negative! Ain't a good enough reason.
Darwin Award candidate ?........... I can't think of anything else other than WTF ???
He's either real beefy, or he's got a chute strapped ta his chest.
Looks like he had a chute on and if he was off target probably would have pulled it. Not saying it’s not insane, though...especially with a wife and kid in his life.

I find skydiving fascinating, but pretty sure my time on the big blue marble will pass without ever having done it. 🐔
I don't even like working up on the roof lol.
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Darwin Award candidate ?...........

Darwin wasn't wrong about everything.
As close to the ground that net was, his chute wouldn’t have deployed even if he had one.
IIRC this was shown live on TV
Sky diving next best thing to sex, everyone should try it.__
Originally Posted by Fubarski

It's the air blowing up his jacket. They stated no parachute, and no wingsuit either.
A 25’ tree stand gives me the hee bee jeebys.
He didn't get the net by much either.
Sooner or later a puff of wind make one of those crazies into a stain.
That could have just as easily been, Oops, “missed it by THAT much!” 😮
Originally Posted by Goosey

It's the air blowing up his jacket. They stated no parachute, and no wingsuit either.

Not from underneath, it ain't.

The chute's strapped ta his chest, not his back.
Originally Posted by Goosey

Right, but he looked beefy while high fiving and standing around. No air blowing then.
If I ever lose my mind and decide to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, with a parachute of course, now I’ll insist they put out a net too.
Pointless but pretty cool. I'll drink to that. It
The only problem with skydiving is that every time I jump there's a planet in the way.
I suspect that much of the beefiness is a heavy insulation. It's brutally cold at 25k with a fierce wind chill on the way down.
© 24hourcampfire