Home
Its less than 1%. Same as the flu.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/24/844562935/why-the-true-fatality-rate-of-covid-19-is-hard-to-estimate
#SameAstheFlu
That means the body pile up in Europe and New York happen like that every year?
Nah, flu is 0.1%. They are seeing in Europe anywhere from %1+ to 0.4% . It's extremely hard to judge, you need the infection numbers. And testing isn't very compete or accurate.
I've seen figures of 1 to 2% which means between 10x and 20x worse than the flu. The good news is that the vast majority of people survive
Remember they are still trying to figure out how many cases were not reported because of no or mild symptoms. Can't tell that until a reliable antibody test are widespread and used in a sampling method. I heard around 2% from a reliable source. But could be much lower when we have a reliable estimate of how many were actually infected.
They had a special on the news last night about the victims: All under ling health concerns/issues. One lady was a holocaust survivor!! HIgh school coach, very overweight, probably BP and/or diabetes.....

So many deaths now are reported as "corona virus" to get funding for recovery.
Originally Posted by Hancock27
They had a special on the news last night about the victims: All under ling health concerns/issues. One lady was a holocaust survivor!! HIgh school coach, very overweight, probably BP and/or diabetes.....

So many deaths now are reported as "corona virus" to get funding for recovery.

Like the day that NYC added nearly 4000 deaths to it's list. In 1 day. They were people who hadn't been tested but were 'suspected' to have CV.
Scamdemic.
Covid Pandering.
That NPR article is over a month old. Latest statistics that I heard were on the order of between 0.1-0.5%, and probably closer to the 0.1%.

So more like a really bad flu season, but certainly not an order of magnitude worse. And we have a pretty good idea about whom it is likely to critically affect.

Had we known this two months ago, there would have been no reason to shut down the economy. There is absolutely no reason now to continue this insanity.

I waited in the checkout line of a recently-opened clothing store for over 40 minutes last week. Everyone was wearing a mask (sign on front of store requested this of all shoppers). Spots marked on the floor where we were to stand to maintain "social distancing." An annoyance, to be sure, but, overall, pretty straightforward.

The exact same model could be used for voting. There is absolutely no justification for vote-by-mail!
Even the CDC statistics have the death rate plummeting...if indeed you could believe their statistics in the first place, cause they are based on known cases and "presumed" cases.

What a pile of horse schitt...
Grandma Scarf told everybody from day one.

If the corpse tests positive for COVID, it's a COVID death.

That's all person should have needed to hear to know this was all 100% bullschit.
The sad part is that the real data have been so manipulated, inflated, mis-reported for political purposes, that it would be impossible for an impartial third party to come in and do any type of proper analysis. At this point, no one in their right mind will really trust ANY of the data being promulgated.
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
I've seen figures of 1 to 2% which means between 10x and 20x worse than the flu. The good news is that the vast majority of people survive

The bad news is that all the statistics are suspect and grinding someone's ax. Cant trust any source any longer.
One of the variations is care in ICUs . BC released a study today, they are seeing a mortality rate of 15% where as Washington state is seeing 50%. . That could be one of the reasons why Germany is 0.4 % , who knows.
If the 100k US death figure is to be believed (which many say it's high) it would mean that three one-hundredths of 1 percent of the US population has died from it in these past several months. So if 33 times more people had died, we'd have lost 1% of the population so far. I'm not saying Covid-19 isn't dangerous, but it's obviously not ebola.
We've been lied to so much, who knows what the real number is.
© 24hourcampfire