Home
Posted By: viking The weekend? - 06/01/20
What did y’all do?

We went to mid western Montana. Sidney to Lewiston, then south. Eventually we went to red lodge ( I know where the colts an Winchester’s are). Spent a couple of nights around Reed Point and came back today. Stopped in Billings, they have a very nice Scheels.

I didn’t think Montana had so many hippies, but the farther west you go the worse it is😆. I am told to avoid the B’s, Bozeman, Butte and Browning.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
I worked. Made money to pay my bills. In a couple weeks though I'll be just north of Yellowstone scouting goat country. Can't wait. Hope I don't run into hippies there.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Oh hell, Missoula would freak you out man!

Stop by next time.

Did some lawn work, made my chest freezer a rolling chest freezer, camped out in the yard with the kid for kicks, and did a bunch of resting. Off work at 0600 Friday and had a noon appointment. Started out tired. New job, I'll be home everyday and every weekend. Crazy.
Posted By: bucktail Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Trimmed a tree hung out at a bonfire. Generally messed around.
Posted By: viking Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Is there any reasonable priced properties in Montana,? Any where with nice scenery seems crazy expensive,
Originally Posted by viking
Is there any reasonable priced properties in Montana,? Any where with nice scenery seems crazy expensive,

Away from the cities would be a guess. But it ain't like 40 acres and a house for $100k. A couple of acres with millions of public lands around?
Posted By: gophergunner Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Hung around the house all weekend just in case the citiots from Minneapolis got a wild hair and decided to loot and pillage up here in Brainerd.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
No church, I flapped my jaw earlier in my Pastor Wabigoon mode, a few good responses.

Mostly loafed about, near prefect day in Iowa. I'll use this a my last chance to say, May our Lord Bless you all!

Happy trails.
Posted By: shootAI Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Away from the cities would be a guess. But it ain't like 40 acres and a house for $100k. A couple of acres with millions of public lands around?

I think the days of inexpensive Montana properties are gone. At least west of the divide.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Fell off a stepladder, think I cracked a rib, and fugged up a finger joint pretty good. Didn't go to doctor, figured they would diagnose me with the macarena.
Posted By: EdM Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
I lined things up for our exit for the summer to north Idaho. I have a BC hunt early September so checked that the rifle was dialed. In a few shots all was confirmed. I'll run 40 or so loads for the trip in the next couple of days and set up a couple of cars and the tractor on battery maintainers then fly north on Friday.
Originally Posted by shootAI

I think the days of inexpensive Montana properties are gone. At least west of the divide.

West? Ick.

Kidding, I like both sides but landed just a little east. I cross the Divide 30 times a week. I really dig it.
Our little place just got labeled $34k/acre by the authorities in Helena. Land 40 miles away was offered to my grandad for 35 cents /acre back in the day. grin
Originally Posted by auk1124
Fell off a stepladder, think I cracked a rib, and fugged up a finger joint pretty good. Didn't go to doctor, figured they would diagnose me with the macarena.

Dang. Heal up good.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20

I hate ladders, I set up scaffolding.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Went to the cabin in the Snowy Range and tuned out the world.

Dang. Heal up good.

Thanks. It was my own fault, was rewiring my garage and stepped off the damn thing. Got distracted, trying to do too much at one time. Lucky I didn't break my fool neck.

Stepladders, like redheads, should be reserved exclusively for young men.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Nursesd a hangover for half of it
Posted By: duck911 Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Massive garage clean out (much needed), massive backyard cleanup (weeding, planting, etc - also much needed)

Pizza on the BGE tonight and Cul-De-Sac happy hour with all the neighbors.

15 mile R/T e-bike ride with the missus to Ft. Collins for happy hour on Sat.

Good weekend.
Posted By: kingston Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20

Dang. Heal up good.

Thanks. It was my own fault, was rewiring my garage and stepped off the damn thing. Got distracted, trying to do too much at one time. Lucky I didn't break my fool neck.

This the second ladder incident this month. Hope you’re alright.
Posted By: IMR4350 Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Got the yard work done and cleaned guns.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Originally Posted by kingston

Dang. Heal up good.

This the second ladder incident this month. Hope you’re alright.

Pretty amateurish if you ask me......... wink
Posted By: TheKid Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Hit the lake Friday after work to troll for Saugeye. Trolled until sunset.

Back on the water at sunrise Saturday morning trolling again. Took a cat nap after lunch and went to the pond to catch bait and then on to the lake to catfish until midnight last night.

Got up this morning and went to church then on to mom and dad’s for Sunday dinner. Took the boy to the bass pond for a couple hours after dinner then it was time for our weekly Sunday evening picnic at the ranch. Had fence down and cows out when we got there but we got it patched up and the cattle in the pasture they belong in with plenty of time left to roast a hotdog and enjoy the evening with 4 generations of family.
What doesn't make sense to me is that my wife will about once a month pay attention to something outside like a contributing member of the organization, yet on a daily basis I am supposed to consider her opinion on things out there? WTF is that all about. Why's the Wheelbarrow there? What's that wood doing there? Normal people haul brush to the dump not leave it laying around to burn. Good thing she's cute. .
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Definitely! I suspect that Day One in electrician school is, don't fall off the fuggin' ladder. frown
Posted By: irfubar Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
I waited for the weekend crowds to go home and did this....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And took pic's of this.....

And this....

And this....

Enjoyed a few whiskeys by the campfire.... then came home and discovered the cities are burning.... luckily I am 1000 miles away from that nonsense... smile
Originally Posted by irfubar
I waited for the weekend crowds to go home and did this....

And took pic's of this.....

And this....

And this....

Enjoyed a few whiskeys by the campfire.... then came home and discovered the cities are burning.... luckily I am 1000 miles away from that nonsense... smile

Show off... cool

Nice fish!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Told my buddy Friday evening I'm done with the paying work for the week, now I get to work at home all weekend and pay to do it! Yay.
Posted By: willhunt4 Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Shot in a sporting clays tournament Saturday. Went to visit my mother today. She’s turning 79 on the 4th so I took her some flowers and a card. Wrapped up some toilet paper and paper towels as a joke.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Weekend huh?

I did notice that everything was closed.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Yeah, weekend, hahaha!

15 hours in a tractor today.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20

Definitely! I suspect that Day One in electrician school is, don't fall off the fuggin' ladder. frown

Lol, I meant the fall was a little amateurish, I'm the other dumb ass King was talking about. I spent two nights in the hospital after the fall.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Yeah, weekend, hahaha!

15 hours in a tractor today.

Hope you are getting caught up Sam.

Lol, I meant the fall was a little amateurish, I'm the other dumb ass King was talking about. I spent two nights in the hospital after the fall.

Damn! Hope you are better now.
Posted By: krp Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
In the mountains with the grandkids, had a four generation fish dinner with my 89yo dad, my sister and I, my daughter and my sisters son down to the greatgrandkids. Nice and cool while the valley was in a record heat wave. Headed back up tomorrow, have some work to do on the cabins and lots.

Kent

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by krp
In the mountains with the grandkids, had a four generation fish dinner with my 89yo dad, my sister and I, my daughter and my sisters son down to the greatgrandkids. Nice and cool while the valley was in a record heat wave. Headed back up tomorrow, have some work to do on the cabins and lots.

Anytime 4 generations get together for ANYTHING, that is a special occasion!

Sounds like a hell of a weekend!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: The weekend? - 06/01/20
Nice Kent!
© 24hourcampfire