Home
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Meanwhile in Montana - 06/01/20
We had a chitastic thunderstorm Sunday Morning, 80 MPH winds, heavy rain and hail. It knocked power out for most of NW MT, it will be Wednesday before it's all back up. Electric crews from all over the state were called in to help. Lots of trees down, trampolines missing, and cows loose. Lots of roads closed due to power lines including the main highway most of Sunday. More volunteers than people needing help cleaning up. We were thankful to get power back Sunday night, and no real damage other than my road looks like stream bed.

Lots of easy firewood out there this year.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Meanwhile in Montana - 06/01/20
Holy cow!

We had no idea. Hadn't ever heard of it.

Glad you made it through.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Meanwhile in Montana - 06/01/20
Yikes 80 mph! I had a family knock on my door about 15 years ago asking if I had seen a trampoline. The wind had blown it away. And it was only a 50 mph wind!
I had about 30 trees over my little dead end road, and a pile here on my place. Spent all day yesterday running chainsaw clearing the road with my neighbors, and then getting them off my fence. I still have quite a bit to do today. Good news is a bunch of it is larch, and I'll be good on firewood for at least 2 years smile The amount of trees down is insane. Nobody around here has ever seen it like this in my little burg.

Power and phone were out all day, but mine was back on last night around 10. Always glad I have a creek, but especially so when I need it to wash up. haha

Extremely glad I bought a new saw couple weeks ago. Damn thing kicked ass, gave her a real work out.
Posted By: ribka Re: Meanwhile in Montana - 06/01/20
Bad storm that came through N Idaho and Montana this weekend
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

From my trip to town, a shed from the shed dealer flew about 75 yards, and a billboard that wasn’t very aerodynamic.
Posted By: dassa Re: Meanwhile in Montana - 06/01/20
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

From my trip to town, a shed from the shed dealer flew about 75 yards, and a billboard that wasn’t very aerodynamic.

Holy shot! That is a strong wind. Blew the whole damn world over!
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Holy shot! That is a strong wind. Blew the whole damn world over!

It takes the county a few days to get things upright after a big storm.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Meanwhile in Montana - 06/01/20
Good news is a bunch of it is larch

Larch! I'll be right over. Have three saws in the truck fueled/oiled and ready to go.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Meanwhile in Montana - 06/01/20
Dang, we had a blissfully bliss day over here! Glad you didn't get toppled.
© 24hourcampfire