Home
My boss told me I needed to get rid of my cap. This came from his boss. We are supposed to wear our little shirts and if we wear a cap it’s supposed to have the company name, but it’s summer, things are a little more relaxed. Guys are wearing the long sleeve fishing shirts, other caps too. We can wear t-shirts in the summer, but again, they are supposed to have company name on them. This is fixing to go downhill if they have singled me out and haven’t told everyone else to shape up too.

I think someone took exception to the Trump 2020 on my cap.
Make sure everyone plays by the same rules.

Be a dick about it if you have to.

P
Best determine how upset to get if the job could be at risk.

tough schidt.........for them

move on
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Make sure everyone plays by the same rules.

Be a dick about it if you have to.

P

Yup!

Good luck Hanco, I wish you the best possible outcome.
Give us their address and company name. We will write letters and flood them with emails! That way they can't fall back on you!
Does anyone else at work wear political clothes?

Get them to dick you and then sue. We need a new bass boat. wink
Originally Posted by StrayDog

I will start paying attention to that.
That would be more incentive to go ahead and retire,

I know you aren't far from it, as it is.
Originally Posted by hanco
My boss told me I needed to get rid of my cap. This came from his boss. We are supposed to wear our little shirts and if we wear a cap it’s supposed to have the company name, but it’s summer, things are a little more relaxed. Guys are wearing the long sleeve fishing shirts, other caps too. We can wear t-shirts in the summer, but again, they are supposed to have company name on them. This is fixing to go downhill if they have singled me out and haven’t told everyone else to shape up too.

I think someone took exception to the Trump 2020 on my cap.

Suffered same while at work years ago but according to an attorney member here at the 24HCF clothing and other attire logos fall under first amendment which can go out the window while on the bosses dime.

?????
Hanco,

While your on company time it's their prerogative. I wouldn't take it too hard unless you're prepared to move on. They optics around everything politics right now are fugked. It's not personal. It's business.
3 years and 3 months and then i start letting people at work know the real me.
Originally Posted by rem141r
3 years and 3 months and then i start letting people at work know the real me.

You're going to crap where they eat? smile
Originally Posted by StrayDog

Company I work at doesn't allow you to wear $hit that isn't the uniform. They give you 1 american flag pin a year and thats its. Guy bitched when they wouldnt let him wear a USMC hat. They told him rules are the same for everyone nothing but the uniform. That being said I walk straight away from the politics people at work. I keep that and all kinds of [bleep] to myself at work. I go to work for a paycheck not make friends. I've worked with guys for over a decade I see them all the time and don't know their names. I learned long ago when I got burned at a job I had to keep to myself and be cordial. I don't go to the Christmas party or the golf outing or the bar they all hang out at downtown. Work is work
Originally Posted by kingston
Hanco,

While your on company time it's their prerogative. I wouldn't take it too hard unless you're prepared to move on. They optics around everything politics right now are fugked. It's not personal. It's business.

Yep. Most customers in hanco's locale would likely welcome it but that one that takes offense is gonna scream bloody murder to anyone that'll listen. That's bad for business.
you can be political at my company, but being in upper management, I know what they say about those people behind closed doors. None of them are getting promoted - and that's the best case scenario
The main problem I have is being singled out. All the others need to get in uniform too. I know I can’t push this too far. I’m sure it’s covered in the yearly working agreement we sign.
Study your EEOC law.
glad I'm self employed
Originally Posted by stxhunter
glad I'm self employed

Got that right
i am glad i do not for a company like that .place i worked for the last 32 years would be pissed if i did not were one
I can't load YouTube, Johnny Cash, Oney. Merle Haggard, My hat.
Simple. Give up a few bucks and retire, or not...
© 24hourcampfire