Home
Just got my renewal notice. $240-something bucks this next year which I think is highway robbery. I only listen to 5-6 stations which compounds the issue. I remember grumbling when it was $120 a year.

Anybody have any success stories about talking them down?
Don’t renew
They’ll call you
Negotiate then
I canceled when it went to $15 a month. Didn’t listing it that much anyway. Now I keep getting offers for $4.99 a month.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Just got my renewal notice. $240-something bucks this next year which I think is highway robbery. I only listen to 5-6 stations which compounds the issue. I remember grumbling when it was $120 a year.

Cancel and they'll offer an annual rate of about $75.
Tell them you will pay exactly $6 per month and no other deal. Good luck.
$6 per month for each of my 2 rides
I don't. I had friends a few years back that somehow got in early with a one time, lifetime charge. I might be willing for something like that, but this yearly fee stuff doesn't go over well, especially seeing as how we no longer have long drives to work. I have a whole bookcase of CD's, there's music on the satellite TV feed, and there is a low power commercial free station in town with a very eclectic song list.

Maybe if I was still commuting an hour or so, but it's certainly not worth it for us. My wife is happy with a few "pop" type stations we can pull in around here, so it would just be an added expense.
Just told them would pay same as last yr. he put
me on hold a minute and came back - "OK"
$120 yr
OldCuss
I pay $225 a year. Two years ago, it was about to expire, I told 'em $99 a year or to go screw off. They put me on for $99 a year.
This year, I told them the same thing. They said $120 if I paid by credit card. I didn't want to do that I figured they would put me on auto renew and I would be on for life.
I told them paper check only and the best they would give me is $225. I said "Hell no." Waited 3 weeks, it was about to expire, and the $225 was the best they would do. I paid.

I listen every night for several hours. Love the Sixties on Six. Also listen to Levin there, hard to get him here on terrestrial radio. Also listen to Coast to Coast every night for an hour or two. My local station has Coast to Coast but the reception is often poor. Sirius reception is always great.

I got hooked on Sirius when I was an over the road truck driver when I was listening 14 hours a day.
So, maybe I got screwed this year but it costs what, 65 cents a day.
Mine will be next year 263 = 56 music royalty fee = $320 That's their premium package
I just switched cars so I got a promo deal 120 + 25 royalty fees= $145 for the premium.
Next year at renewal I'll call and get a new promo.
I drive a lot so I wouldn't be with out it. A stock tip on CNBC pays me more that a one year subscription.
I'm also listening to Fox Business, Fox regular, and since I'm old, the 60's music and old time radio programs.

Where else can you listen to the Green Hornet, The Shadow, and Hopalong Cassidy?
Originally Posted by Remsen

^^^^^this

I do this dance every 6 months. I don't let them keep my cc# , I make them bill me and then I call and fight with them until I get that rate. If they don't I'll cancel but I've never had to yet.
Oh yeah, I have mine set up in my home, I had to buy a base station at Best Buy for $125, and I plug my radio that I had in my truck in to that. Sound quality is fantastic.
Speaking of music I can't stand that moron Cousin Brucie. Can't listen when he is on.
There is a new guy named Shotgun Tom who is really good.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS
I put a reminder in my phone with when I need to call them to renew before they charge me full price. I tell them I'll pay what I paid last year and no more or they can cancel. for the last three or four years I've paid 6 bucks a month I do believe. Right around $75 a year.
$6 a month. Call them the day before your service ends and tell them you want to cancel. You don't even have to talk to someone you can't understand anymore, the automated system will give you a new offer.
The free trial on my truck ran out. They haven’t called. Any tips on how to get the offer?
I make a note on my calendar the day before I'm supposed to automatically renew

Call their cancellation line - not their renewal phone number and ask to cancel

they always offer me the same rate $77 plus tax for another year.
I need to hire some of you guys for a lawyer.
Their CSRs are Filipinas in Manila. I like talking to them. I politely explain that I will absolutely not be interested in anything other than in the car, one unit, $6/month. Has worked. I am up for restarting in a new rig so I will see how it goes and report back. My current route lacks stations and I'd like to listen to Tucker.
$6 trial rate with new truck. Exactly two stations I listen to, so probably won't renew.

ZERO.

I have about 1500 songs on a memory stick and plug it into the USB port in the car. I can drive from
here to New Mexico and never hear the same song twice. Best of all each and every one of them is
a song that I like.
$6 a month for 6 months,then negotiate again. Wish ya could buy only what ya want to listen to.
I'm set up with the removable Stratus unit and have docking mounts in my car, truck, camper, boat, ice house, garage, and a portable one for wall tent etc.
Got tired of paying the big bill every year and took a chance on getting a lifetime receiver off ebay.
Was skeptical of getting hosed but it's still working fine.
When I cancelled my old service the Hindu dude shot me about six offers, going lower each time. Said no each time, till it was damn near free. Still said no!
Originally Posted by kingston
The free trial on my truck ran out. They haven’t called. Any tips on how to get the offer?

I'm surprised they didn't email you a new offer. Visit their web page and go from there.

Right now you can also stream music through your smartphone for free on your existing account. That may be subject to change in the future.
I had them for years and used it often but thought they were gouging with the price for renewal so I called.and canceled.
He said they'd give me three months free with renewal , nope, cancel.
He then said they'd drop the price nearly in half, nope , cancel.
He gave me an unbelievably low price and I was pissed. Why don't you charge a reasonable price and reward loyalty?
He had no reply, I canceled.
They're still sending renewal offers...too little too late.
About $6 a month here as well. Last time our subscription ran out they refused to drop below $120 for 6 months. Told them I wouldn’t pay it. Finally after 6 weeks they agreed to the old rate. Told me I had to agree to renew at the normal rate. Refused and they accepted it.
NEVER EVER give them a credit card.

Same here,it's well worth 6 bucks a month.
I just renewed and I'm paying $77 for the next year. I listen all the time

I went from $6 bucks a month to $82 a quarter, $328 per year. I cancelled immediately and remained cancelled for a month as they kept coming up with better offers I settled on $5 a month for a year $60 which also included a free $30 Alexa Echo Dot!
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

I'm surprised they didn't email you a new offer. Visit their web page and go from there.

Right now you can also stream music through your smartphone for free on your existing account. That may be subject to change in the future.

I only really listen to the news stations. I’m covered for music by Spotify with Higbean on DJ.

I’ll check my spam filter.

Call 1-866-635-2349, talk to them. I bet you can get it for 6 bucks a month.
Hey Hank, call them and tell them you can afford that and think it's best to let it go. I did that a couple of months ago and now I 'm on a month by month for about 6.20$ counting tax.
Free Pandora linked to my phone.
If you pay Sirius you're paying for communism.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

LOL

I’m all ears.
If you have cell and unlimited data you can Pandora, Spotify, I heart radio, etc. I like it better for music than Sirius XM. Doesn’t do a lot of good if you travel where there isn’t a signal or you don’t have unlimited data.

I’m all ears.

You must hear a lot! What's the scoop?

Every time.... It's costing me about $90/year for the truck and two bikes... Just call to cancel your service.....trust me, they'll send you over to 'customer retention' and suddenly you'll get a mucho better deal..
I think I paid around $120 for one car plus streaming and I do the sports for the football games. They wanted the $225. I listen more in my home than in my car these days as we do fewer road trips than we used to.
Originally Posted by Redneck

Every time.... It's costing me about $90/year for the truck and two bikes... Just call to cancel your service.....trust me, they'll send you over to 'customer retention' and suddenly you'll get a mucho better deal..

What everyone else is saying. Set a reminder for a couple days before renewal date. Call them to "cancel" your service. They'll make you a much better offer. I pay around $35 every 6 months. It's a pain, but its the game you have to play with them.
Restarted today. Offered 6 months for $36 online. EZ

Commercials on Fox still annoying as hell!
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Restarted today. Offered 6 months for $36 online. EZ

Commercials on Fox still annoying as hell!
Commercials in general are annoying as hell... Good thing I have a mute button on the steering wheel... It's used - a LOT.
I used to have XMSirius.

Now mostly (97%) where i travel i have cell service.
Morning / eve drive to work i listened to podcast. Or streaming music.

I like that better than XM. most of its free.

Though i did get premium stitcher ( podcast ) on Black Friday.

No commercials.
ya i got the $240 bill a few months ago too. i told them i was cancelling. they dropped it some. i said no thanks and they dropped it and added the premium or whatever they call it package. i now pay $137/yr for something i've barely listened to in 3 months since my car sits now.
I joined in 2005 & received a Lifetime membership for a one time payment of $350. Still going strong.

They stopped that offer somewhere about 2012 I think.
I just called because my old deal expired and I went to full price. I didn’t even have to talk to a live person. They had a recording offering the select package, 12 months for $60. Done.
Zero dollars, and zero cents.

music only in my '14 Tacoma $12/month

cancelling this month

then I'll wait for the deal offers

Just not worth it to me even at $12/month
No baseball to listen to.
Y'all are getting me inspired. I am the sucker paying $225 a year.
My account expires in February and y'all have got me inspired, I am going to get a deal on the renewal.
$12 month for two vehicles
Had it back one day and feel life is a new normal! Behind the wheel about 50 hours per week. Music, talk, music, music, talk...
Originally Posted by old_willys

I went from $6 bucks a month to $82 a quarter, $328 per year. I cancelled immediately and remained cancelled for a month as they kept coming up with better offers I settled on $5 a month for a year $60 which also included a free $30 Alexa Echo Dot!

I got the same offer in the mail a week or so ago. $5/month and free Alexa Echo Dot. Haven’t taken them up on it yet.
Are any of y'all paying with credit card?
4.99 a month
It’s down to $2.75/month for renewal. $99.00 up front for 2 year subscription.
I got 73.92 cdn, taxes and royalties included, for one year. I also got it on record that they cannot charge my credit card for any other charges beyond the initial payment. In other words, when this contract expires, they cannot automatically renew at a high price as they usually try to do. GD
99.00 plus tax, so around 109.00 per year. i've had sirius/xm for many years and never paid over 110.00. for me the secret is to keep up with the date your contract expires. call them about 2 days before the expiration date and tell them to cancel it. they usually offer the 99.00 special. if they don't, cancel the thing. wait a week or so and call em back. tell em you'll only pay 99.00 or less. for me, they have always given me their 99.00 deal. i have sirius in 2 vehicles. might be different where you are. ymmv.
My annual membership was up on May 20th for 2 trucks....the phone call was challenging but I negotiated a 3rd vehicle for 12 months at $217.00 which was slightly lower then I was paying before for the two vehicles.....I don't think they ever want to lose a subscription and will instantly find "Special promotions" to keep you on board for another year.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Rather than what? Of course.
Don’t have it, let it go when the free period was over
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Rather than what? Of course.

As opposed to a check. I am afraid they would put you on auto renewal on the credit card.
We have two cars on it for $500 each/ 3 year contract. That is $167 a year per car. We had the lifetime package and then got new cars. They refused to give us the same deal. I canceled, and they said OK. Our current deal is the best I could get. $13.88/ month is worth it to me.
© 24hourcampfire