Home
Oh my! Protesters arrive in downtown Hatari Township!

On the way home I drove though our downtown and there are about 30 protesters milling around with signs. These were homemade signs. Protesters were kid (18-28), large AA females and whimpy White males and females and few Bros. "Silence is not golden - Honk if you support justice" "Black Lives Matter" were most of the signs. Peaceful bunch. They looked like kids all excited to "make a difference in this world". We shall see what happens after dark.

Obviously, the protest organizers have desided to take the protest to the White suburbs. I've got some rude newz for them if they decide to tear chitt up here tonight. White suburbs are armed and dangerous. Police here aren't worried about losing their badge if they are forced to kick ass. (They would rather not, but don't push them)

I wish I'd grabbed a few photos. Sure will be interesting to see where this is going!

We have had about a dozen protestors in Dublin. They were here yesterday and today.
King and Crossville Rds?
Still haven't spotted one in Loveland, Co since this all started. Or a protester either, for that matter.
Originally Posted by badger
King and Crossville Rds?

Nope, downtown Alpharetta
Hwy 9 and Academy
Originally Posted by duck911
Still haven't spotted one in Loveland, Co since this all started. Or a protester either, for that matter.

Will you kneel and apologize for your white privilege?
Keep those eyes in the back of your head open and stay safe.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I'm not privileged. I just work hard.
I'll take a knee, or maybe a prone position - - - - -it's a lot more accurate than offhand!
Jerry
Originally Posted by hatari
King and Crossville Rds?

Hwy 9 and Academy

So there were multiple groups then.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I'm not privileged. I just work hard.

That’s my answer too. I’m privileged to go to work.
King and Crossville Rds?

Hwy 9 and Academy

So there were multiple groups then.

Yes

Don't know if there was one just moving around or what.
We had 6 at courthouse Sat night here.
The small farm town in which I work had a couple “protesters” walking down main st open carrying AKs or ARs or some such. Wish I coulda shouted a “yo” but I didn’t see them.

In the middle of the city (Grand Rapids) there were tons of boarded windows following white supremacists visiting Sunday morning why brooms, dustpans, and tossing plywood sheets into windows.

Quite a contrast; I’m in the middle you can imagine what direction I’ll be moving in when I do...
There was a group in town this afternoon. Might as well have been a Summer charity car wash. Most of the cops were there, though.
Suburbs probably wont draw the loot-and-burn types. Most likely crowd will be a few teenage girls who listen to Coldplay and Imagine Dragons and think they're all smart and edgy.
Family tells me it made it into Aurora as far as rhe hospitals on Colfax. Just West of there is the neighborhood that gets extra policing.

Denver fired a cop over something. What will people do when the cops stand down? Aurora is already short staffed so calls take a long time. The street racers and ATV punks are taking advantage
Anyone blare "jungle fever" on the radio when driving by?

Legit question

On the way home I drove though our downtown and there are about 30 protesters milling around with signs. These were homemade signs. Protesters were kid (18-28), large AA females and whimpy White males and females and few Bros. "Silence is not golden - Honk if you support justice" "Black Lives Matter" were most of the signs. Peaceful bunch. They looked like kids all excited to "make a difference in this world". We shall see what happens after dark.

Obviously, the protest organizers have desided to take the protest to the White suburbs. I've got some rude newz for them if they decide to tear chitt up here tonight. White suburbs are armed and dangerous. Police here aren't worried about losing their badge if they are forced to kick ass. (They would rather not, but don't push them)

I wish I'd grabbed a few photos. Sure will be interesting to see where this is going!

Seems to me if they sincerely really do what to "make a difference in this world" they should go into hands-on law enforcement where they could 'walk the walk' instead of simply 'talking the talk'. I pointed this out to some young ones recently but their response was just a sheepish deer-in-the-headlights expression and silence.

My take is a whole lot of them probably show up just so they can say "I was there", 'creds' among their peers and tell exaggerated 'war stories' later.
Originally Posted by joken2

Seems to me if they sincerely really do what to "make a difference in this world" they should go into hands-on law enforcement where they could 'walk the walk' instead of simply 'talking the talk'. I pointed this out to some young ones recently but their response was just a sheepish deer-in-the-headlights expression and silence.

My take is a whole lot of them probably show up just so they can say "I was there", 'creds' among their peers and tell exaggerated 'war stories' later.

Oh, they don't want to work too hard at it or make a real commitment. They just get all fired up and this makes them feel good, that they are "in the thick of things" so to speak. They w=all want the option to go home when they tire of the "struggle".
© 24hourcampfire