Home
Just like the title says. How many did you get rid of today because of this #blackout movement on social media?
If this forum constitutes "social media", then I guess the answer for me is

NONE.

I don't use any of the others
None. I am not so petty as to compartmentalism those who wish to express their opinion. It’s is pretty simple to simply continue scrolling.
Music channel posted it.
Done listening to their programming.
I don’t understand the question?

Do you mean how many people have I Mannlichered?
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
None. I am not so petty as to compartmentalism those who wish to express their opinion. It’s is pretty simple to simply continue scrolling.

I don't really think it's petty when cities are literally being destroyed across the country due to a statistically false narrative.
Originally Posted by kingston

You're on ignore buddy.

Well, your links are, that's for f'n sure.
Originally Posted by ammoman16
None. I am not so petty as to compartmentalize those who wish to express their opinion. It’s is pretty simple to simply continue scrolling.

I don't really think it's petty when cities are literally being destroyed across the country due to a statistically false narrative.

I did not say that it did, you've misread what I wrote.

There is also a vast difference in protesting and rioting/looting. The former is far more prevalent than the "news" leads on. The looters and vandals are criminals, full stop!

However, others howing support for a cause that you may not agree with, and thereby you dismiss them, is indeed petty.
Actually, I got rid of a goodly amount of my leftist baggage in 2016. I got tired of being told that I HAD to vote for Hillary Clinton. One old girlfriend hinted suicide if Trump won. I countered with the threat that if they didn't all pledge to vote for Donald Trump that I was going to purposely burn an extra doe tag in the upcoming KY deer season. It was up to them: either vote Trump or the deer dies.

This is the pic that really did it:

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

I got unfriended by a good many people. My Facebook had suddenly far fewer cat pictures and tofu recipes. Life was good.

Originally Posted by shaman
One old girlfriend hinted suicide if Trump won. I countered with the threat...
The implication is she was threatening suicide. She may have seen it that way but it sounds more like win-win.
I think "unfriend" is a FaceBook term. I'm not on FaceBook. I don't support leftist businesses.
None. I am not so petty as to compartmentalize those who wish to express their opinion. It’s is pretty simple to simply continue scrolling.

There is also a vast difference in protesting and rioting/looting. The former is far more prevalent than the "news" leads on. The looters and vandals are criminals, full stop!

However, others howing support for a cause that you may not agree with, and thereby you dismiss them, is indeed petty.

I didn't misread what you wrote at all. You said you think it's petty. I disagree. People are supporting a completely false narrative that is tearing the country apart. Whether it's rioters or peaceful protestors is irrelevant and they are pushing their political agenda on others without being asked. If they want to show support in certain groups, that's one thing, but to try to force your message upon those who want no part of it is different.

I didn't misread what you read at all. You said you think it's petty. I disagree. People are supporting a completely false narrative that is tearing the country apart. Whether it's rioters or peaceful protestors is irrelevant and they are pushing their political agenda on others without being asked. If they want to show support in certain groups, that's one thing, but to try to force your message upon those who want no part of it is different.

I agreee ammoman, I think you read his post just fine as I did. I did unfriend a couple people.
Just like the title says. How many did you get rid of today because of this #blackout movement on social media?
I stay off all social media...except this site.. laugh
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I think "unfriend" is a FaceBook term. I'm not on FaceBook. I don't support leftist businesses.

Never bought anything from amazon? I could go on, but the virtue signaling by saying "I'm better than you because I don't do xyz" is a little passe at this point don't you think?
I don't friend or unfriend through an electronic device.
Actually, I got rid of a goodly amount of my leftist baggage in 2016. I got tired of being told that I HAD to vote for Hillary Clinton. One old girlfriend hinted suicide if Trump won. I countered with the threat that if they didn't all pledge to vote for Donald Trump that I was going to purposely burn an extra doe tag in the upcoming KY deer season. It was up to them: either vote Trump or the deer dies.

This is the pic that really did it:

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

I got unfriended by a good many people. My Facebook had suddenly far fewer cat pictures and tofu recipes. Life was good.

one does what one has to do. a local fb page is celebrating the wonderful kumba meeting for blm last night on the square. now most of those celebrating invaded from california or some other cess pool. there are very few blacks in my home town. I really want to suggest if y ou love th e black population so much, why not move to south phoenix where you can experience it every day.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I didn't misread what you read at all. You said you think it's petty. I disagree. People are supporting a completely false narrative that is tearing the country apart. Whether it's rioters or peaceful protestors is irrelevant and they are pushing their political agenda on others without being asked. If they want to show support in certain groups, that's one thing, but to try to force your message upon those who want no part of it is different.

I agreee ammoman, I think you read his post just fine as I did. I did unfriend a couple people.

i use to do that, unfriend them, not anymore. i would rather irritate the crap out of them with me being me. the soon leave on their own.
Not one.

Well I still read what you say Kingston. I put trolls and azzholes on ignore, not decent folks. 😏
I have been receiving periodic emails from the local architectural preservation group for my fair city. Earlier today, they hit me with a systemic racism rant in the memory of mr floyd and how their mission statement recognized these short comings and would support the protest..

I decided to unsubscribe from futures notifications.
I dont have any friends.
None to unfriend, I am just a old lonely sole, lost in my own desperation! Plus I don't do facebook. Or anything but here and a couple hobby machinist forum's. But if it makes you feel better, I will tell the grandkids to unfriend someone!
I took note that Bank of America today reinforced my decision not to do business with them over 20 years ago now. Before they were BoA, they were NationsBank, and before that NCNB and so forth. BoA was a better name with a better reputation prior to being the "mergee" and all that word implies.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I dont have any friends.

Just friended you !!!
You big Nugg!!!

Lol!!!

What you do to tick off ElkMaser cause he friended you too like a bunch of us.

LOL!!!
I been driving most of the day

My wheel of fortune is real life
I don't 'unfriend' people for having different opinions than I do - it's a good way to have no friends at all and influence nobody. I'm a strong believer that you can disagree on some topics, even topics you or they might consider 'important' and still have enough in common to be friends.
I’ve unfriended two today ,,, I don’t have look at that crap
On this site I only have members on ignore that insult me. A difference of option is fair enough.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Well I still read what you say Kingston. I put trolls and azzholes on ignore, not decent folks. 😏

BOO!!!!

Originally Posted by wabigoon
On this site I only have members on ignore that insult me. A difference of option is fair enough.

I'm sorry we had a difference of option (?) Wabi. It broke my heart when you put me on ignore.
Don't peek.
I put tarqueen on ignore. felt really good
none, but i had to sit through an all-hands meeting where it was made obvious that white people are the problem and we should all be taking a pledge to do better. i will be passing on the pledge.

i need this job for 3 years & 3 months more.
None.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
If this forum constitutes "social media", then I guess the answer for me is

NONE.

I don't use any of the others

Yep me too. This is the extent of my social media usage.

Does this mean Kingston has to quit sending naked black Covid dude memes around?
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
One old girlfriend hinted suicide if Trump won. I countered with the threat...
The implication is she was threatening suicide. She may have seen it that way but it sounds more like win-win.

This was not the first time she's threatened suicide. Back in '85, when we were dating, she was watching the NOVA episode on Mutually Assured Destruction and announced mid-program that if it looked like nuclear war, she was going to off herself with the Nylon 66 I'd help her buy. I told her to be sure to drop off all her canned goods at my place before pulling the trigger-- pull out her gold teeth too, if she really felt so inclined. I planned on making a stand out of it.
© 24hourcampfire