Home
Posted By: kenster99 Any glass guys on here? - 06/03/20
Went outside today to put something in my houseboat parked here,one window completely shattered like someone through a rock through it. Went inside, no rocks,bullet holes,etc. It was completely closed up, and its close to 100 degrees here today. Was super hot inside, could heat do this?
Thanks.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/03/20
It can, yes.

I had a new Ford Bronco parked in the driveway in summer, and the windsheild shattered.

Glass guy said he saw it quite a bit.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/03/20
Was the broken glass on the inside or outside? If outside could be from the heat - expanding air on the inside blew out window.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/04/20
Weed Eaters break glass
Posted By: okie Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/04/20
Glass can have very small defects of many different types and can do what you have described. Many commercial types are allowed small defects. Only mirror quality or its equilvalent is defect free
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/04/20
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Was the broken glass on the inside or outside? If outside could be from the heat - expanding air on the inside blew out window.

It could be.

But the glass guy told me it wasn't that that broke the bronco windshield. He said it was unevenly set, and expansion of the glass from the heat put too much pressure on the stressed point.
Posted By: hanco Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/04/20
I had it happen years ago, Chevy truck
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/04/20
Thanks guys, I think it was the heat. Glass was on the inside and outside! I know about weed eaters breaking glass, just replaced a side window in my wifes Mini cooper a month ago, compliments of my DR trimmer!!
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/04/20
One of the glass tops on my vette blew up one night.
Car always sat inside if not being driven. It was intact when I went to bed. In a gazzilion pieces the next day. To this day, I have no idea what happened.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Any glass guys on here? - 06/04/20
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Car always sat inside if not being driven. It was intact when I went to bed. In a gazzilion pieces the next day. To this day, I have no idea what happened.

Probably Leprechauns.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

Probably Leprechauns.

I was going to say pitbulls.

On the other side of the coin I once dropped a half full stubbie (small glass beer bottle) onto a concrete floor base first, and it didn't break, and didn't spill the beer either. Someone was looking over me to get my alcohol intake that day...
© 24hourcampfire