Home
Posted By: RockyRaab Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Stormy day today. Had hail and heavy rain at 4:30 this morning. Quite a racket. More expected from mid-morning on. It's a cold front and the temp is almost 30 degrees cooler than it was Friday morning. 49 right now, 76 then.
We've decided to go out for brunch today - probably just as the next wave of storms hits. We have sitdown dining again, and we intend to enjoy it.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Good Sunday to you, all the morning crew Rock. We had rain in this part of Iowa two nights ago, windy enough to blow a few trees over.

Real church today, masks required. No singing, no AC. It will be intestering.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good Sunday to you, all the morning crew Rock. We had rain in this part of Iowa two nights ago, windy enough to blow a few trees over.

Real church today, masks required. No singing, no AC. It will be intestering.

Wabi, Good luck with your service today. We resume in-person service this morning as well. Albeit, with several "accommodations" to minimize possibility of Covid spread...
Posted By: rem141r Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
we had a storm come through at my camp the other day. must have been one of those micro bursts or whatever. it knocked down giant white and red oaks. it was weird how it did it. almost a straight line about 100 feet wide. no reports of tornadoes but it almost seemed like it. one of the red oaks was massive. 4-5 ft through at the base. if we can get a chainsaw big enough to cut it, i'm going to figure out how old it is. damn shame. it was a beautiful tree.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Dry as a bone here again.

Up early getting the orchard water going and making sure that it is going where it's supposed to go.

Pancakes are next on the agenda.

Then whatever happens happens.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
It rained for ~ a week straight here. Getting ready to rain again.

When I moved to south FL 30 years ago from the west coast of FL, people told me "It's different here".

I laughed and said, "Yeah, right. It's all Florida". I was wrong. It's the tropics here.
Posted By: EdM Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Well yesterday fooled with weatherman as it did not rain and warmed up to a calm 65 or so. Pretty nice. My son and I hit the pawn shops and I netted two pair of mint vintage S&W stocks for $50. Probably worth 10X that. We met with my wife and his and had a great lunch at a brew pub. As such the ATV oil changes will get done this AM after coffee and breakfast. Supposed to have a 60% chance of rain this evening and a bit cooler. The kids are heading back to Texas tomorrow.
Posted By: hanco Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Good Sunday to you. It is clear, gonna hit 95 here today.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20

Monday

high of 50 & low of 30

purfect !
Posted By: stomatador Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Springtime in the Rockies, 46F now with thunder rollin' constantly and rain pouring. Then potential frost tonight and tomorrow night.

I made a big pot of chicken pasta soup, the sweet roll dough is rising and there'll be a lemon meringue pie for desert.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Rain all night here. Pool has gained about 4” overnight and it’s still raining. Another 2” and the pool will overflow. Hilliard Florida.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Fire Watch day here.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Finally got some rain.
Soil was like dust last week..
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
It's tropical here. Wind, no wind, driving rain, gentle rain, sunshine, clouds and lots of humidity. Repeat about every 2 minutes. grin
Posted By: mbhunt Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
Went from 96 on Friday to 42 Sunday here in the Boise area.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Thundah Sundah - 06/07/20
We were 91 here on Friday and it’s 55 right now. Thunder and lightning just starting to get serious. Will be in the 30s tonight. Ahh life in the mountains...
© 24hourcampfire