Home

With the pathetic caving and apologies from the Brees family to Gooddell I've had enough. I limited my time last year and now am committed to not watching it.
What took you so long? Been boycotting the NFL long enough I can't remember when I started.
I stopped long ago. I never was big into it. If I am in the living room and my wife turns a game on, I am not going to leave the room. A few times I have gone to gatherings where games were on TV. I haven't turned on a NFL game in 4 years. This will make my 5th season.
I stopped years ago. As far as I am concerned, NFL died of "Colon" cancer.
I have not for 2 years, and will not in the future. I can't even tell you who won or even played in the last Superbowl. And I will admit to thinking Terry Bradshaw was dam cool, when I was 9 yrs old..Rocky Blair, Franco Harris etc...Staubach was a class act as well, but it's a different sport now, and I'm not supporting it.

The POS Kaperbiatch was the end for me.
Some games are no doubt enjoyable to watch. But the recent "Woke" half-time shows, response to the kneeling and ungrateful millionaires have left a really bad taste in my mouth. A lot of people say they won't watch and then cave.
Already have! Don't miss it or care, Same withe NBA!
Quit watching that crap when Marino stepped away from the Dolphins.
Peyton Manning retiring took away 50% of my reason to watch. Tom Brady Leaving NE took away the other 50%. It is now totally dead.

I guess with Direct TV I still support it, de facto.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I stopped long ago. I never was big into it. If I am in the living room and my wife turns a game on, I am not going to leave the room. A few times I have gone to gatherings where games were on TV. I haven't turned on a NFL game in 4 years. This will make my 5th season.

This ^^

kwg
I quit watching more than 10 years ago. I have better things to do with my time than watch a bunch of over-grown children play a game. I'd rather go fishing or hunting. If they never play another game it won't matter to me.
I enjoy NFL football and will continue to watch, while they are playing.
I will not watch any of their P.C activities.
I treat pre-game and half time as time to make a burger or get a beer, exactly what it’s for.
One commentator makes one stupid commit and I’m on the mute button
No offense intended, but I will not let the Colin Kappernicks of the world cause me to change my behaviour.
I have no desire to spend time watching any black dominated sports these days.
Older threads on the subject:

BOYCOTT the NFL!

Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Didn't watch a single game last season and won't watch them this season either. It goes well beyond just the Krapertwit deal. Lots of their players feel the same as he does as well. But more than that, the NFL has tried to twist city and state government arms over PC nonsense like the transgender bathroom bills in Texas and North Carolina.

Keep It Up! A Nation In Protest.. Supporting Our Flag!

Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Outrage at the anthem kneeling is all well and good. The NFL seeking to thwart local legislation is equally disturbing. Texas Governor Greg Abbot stated it well:

Said Abbott on Tuesday: “For some low-level NFL adviser to come out and say that they are going to micromanage and try to dictate to the state of Texas what types of policies we’re going to pass in our state, that’s unacceptable.

“We don’t care what the NFL thinks and certainly what their political policies are because they are not a political arm of the state of Texas or the United States of America. They need to learn their place in the United States, which is to govern football, not politics.”

NBA joins NFL to warn Texas over transgender bathroom bill - dallasnews.com

NBA and NFL turn up heat on North Carolina over transgender bathrooms - lifesitenews.com

Stopped watching many years ago, like 40 years ago! No reason to start now.
Originally Posted by Leatherneck

With the pathetic caving and apologies from the Brees family to Gooddell I've had enough. I limited my time last year and now am committed to not watching it.

Better add these to the list:

Must be boycotted
I was born and raised a 49ers fan and have watched and followed them since John Brodie was their quarterback. Best thing they ever did was get rid of Kaepernick. I can't stand that azzhole. I've always held that if the NFL players want to protest or take up a cause, they can do it on their own time and NOT during a game while they represent a team. If I were an owner, it would be my policy that while they're in uniform, playing a game, they are on the clock and getting paid by me to play football, NOT make a political statement.
Haven't watched in years and years anyway.

the "action", if you can call it that, is way to slow for my tastes. Too many huddles, tosses to the sidelines to stop the clock, penalties, and timeouts for my tastes.

You guys that like it, go ahead and enjoy...............or not. I'll not fault you for it.
I enjoyed watching these guys win the NCAA Championship. But that was long ago in a galaxy far away.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]do betta fish need air
NFL cost too much to watch. You got to have cable and pay extra for NFL games. So do not watch.
To tell the truth I never watched it much. Football bores me to tears, I don’t understand the attraction of being a spectator. I played in high school but when it comes to watching I’d much rather be outside doing something instead of sitting inside on my ass. The current antics certainly haven’t made me any more likely to turn on a game.

I might watch one or two college games a year, but the NFL never held any interest to me.
Originally Posted by Anaconda
No offense intended, but I will not let the Colin Kappernicks of the world cause me to change my behaviour.

+1

I have noticed something in my family which I am not sure translates across to any one else. The younger generation in their teens and 20's are not bothered and continue to watch. The men in their 40's and 50's are the most pissed off about it and say they aren't watching, but I see it on the TV when I am over at their house. The men of the family who are my parent's age which are around their 70's and 80's don't seem to care and continue to watch like the younger men. Does anyone else notice this in their neck of the woods?
Haven’t watched since the 1st kneel, not starting again ether. Except I did watch part of the chiefs Super Bowl win last year
I haven't watched a game since the kneeling started.
I never started. So stopping is not an issue with me at all.
I haven’t watched the NFL in three years. College only and preferably SEC.
Never have never will support that crap. Played baseball growing up as well as football. Loved it. Outgrew that in high school.
Nope never started don’t have to stop
Originally Posted by Leatherneck

It doesn't change anything. This is really simple: I was not drawn to the game by the players' politics. Why would I abandon it because of the players' politics? I care about one thing .. what happens on the playing field. Between the sidelines and the backs of the endzones. I do not give a f?!k what happens on the sidelines. I will watch exactly as much football as I did before, not a bit more or a bit less. I save my angst and heartburn for things that matter to me, not for things someone like you, that I've never met, thinks I'm supposed to have my panties in a wad over.

Tom
I don't watch it and haven't in over 10 years aside from occasional. Since the kneeling stuff I went to making sure I don't watch it. I suspect it would not have near the following that it does at all if it weren't for the younger guys (especially were I work) gambling on fantasy football.
The only professional sport I watch is Golf. I watch golf because those players do not get paid to show up. They have to make the cut to have any payday. That seems fair to me.
Couldn't care less about the NFL, NBA, or any other hyped up bullchit. I saw in my travels that the negros really like that stuff though. YMMV
Didn't watch it before all the kneeling b.s. started, not gonna start watching now.
Never have been a NFL viewer, I prefer a more fast paced game. Like baseball....
I gave up on the NFL years ago. Haven't missed it one bit.
You can't stop doing what you never started. I live in Lions country, nuff said.
Same thing with baseball. I can still name the Tigers, Cubs and Orioles starting lineups from 50 years ago but couldn't name more than 1-2 players on the current teams.
I stopped when Kap and the rest started the kneeling. I have no problem with any of them doing that elsewhere, but game time is suppose to be fun time. They out a stop to that and I put a stop to football in my house.
Stopped many years ago
Never started.
Haven't watched a game since my early twenties. Same applies to any sport honestly.

Guys heads filled with various team/sport stats, scores, history, names, plays, fantasy leagues and such simply never made sense to me. Aside from playing football and baseball in HS and College, it just never really interested me.
Haven't watched a game in years. No clue who has won the last 7 or 8 superbowls.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I don’t understand the attraction of being a spectator. I played in high school but when it comes to watching I’d much rather be outside doing something instead of sitting inside on my ass.

^^^^
THIS
I haven't watched it since the 90's. Sure a game or two, no and then, but I can't recall watching a single play in the past 10 years,
same with all professional sports. I couldn't care any less about them if I tried.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Peyton Manning retiring took away 50% of my reason to watch. Tom Brady Leaving NE took away the other 50%. It is now totally dead.

Old_Toot,

Get rid of DirecTV. You can save yourself a ton of money streaming. Probably around $140/mo. That's close to how much I save.

Monthly nut.

Comcast high speed cable only (no entertainment pkg) - $59.99
Amazon Prime - $9.99
Netflix - $8.99
IPVanish VPN - $3.28
-------------------------------
Total - $82.25

+ $40 original investment for Amazon firestick.

You can install IPVanish on up to 10 devices. I run it on my tv, phone, computer.

Got tired of paying $217 or more a month.

Trying out a 30-day trial of Showtime right now to see if I like it. Dumping cable or DirecTV entertainment packages give you that flexibility.
Originally Posted by limofarm
Haven’t watched since the 1st kneel, not starting again ether. Except I did watch part of the chiefs Super Bowl win last year

+1. Stopped watching when Crapperdick started kneeling. Swore off it for good when Goodell came out in support of Crapperdick. Have not watched a down since. No intention to restart...
I have been an NFL fan since forever. I remember watching Johnny U vs the Giants on the black and white when I was a kid.
When Kaepernick started his shenanigans, the League would not stop him. Said he had a First Amendment right.

No, he didn't. He was at work and his employer had the right to tell him to knock it off. Like when I was a paramedic, if I decided to wear overalls to work instead of the uniform, I would have been fired.
The NFL would not stop this self centered punk, so, I quit watching. The most priveledged black men in the world, complaining about oppression. Seven million a year for catching a football, on a part time job.
I went through some withdrawals and life went on.

After several years the kneeling BS had stopped and I did watch some games last year. But now, the kneeling is going to be worse than ever so I will say Bye Bye to the damn NFL. And that Goodell is a chicken sh*t.
To be fair though, how would you like to ride herd on hundreds of overpaid spoiled Negro jocks. You have to cater to these clowns or the league would be up the creek.
I was finished before all the take a knee crap. I stopped when the end zone dances and the posturing after every play became ludicrous. Not to mention when the players were showing up in police photos regularly.
I’ll be done if they don’t recognize the flag and the USA during the anthem. If I said it again, oh well.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Old_Toot,

Get rid of DirecTV. You can save yourself a ton of money streaming. Probably around $140/mo. That's close to how much I save.

Monthly nut.

Amazon Prime - $9.99
Netflix - $8.99
IPVanish VPN - $3.28
Total - $82.25

You can install IPVanish on up to 10 devices. I run it on my tv, phone, computer.

Trying out a 30-day trial of Showtime right now to see if I like it. Dumping cable or DirecTV entertainment packages give you that flexibility.

That's funny stuff. Lots of city slickers on the Fire it would appear. Try your monkey shines on 3mb DSL.
I quit watching pro football years ago. Current events just confirm I made the right call. Same with pro-basketball.
Haven’t watched since the 1st kneel, not starting again ether.

+1
Originally Posted by Oldman3
I haven't watched a game since the kneeling started.

Me either. Not one play.

I'll take that even farther... When an NFL commercial comes on TV, I switch the channel.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Haven’t watched since the 1st kneel, not starting again ether.

+1

+2
Kaepernick’s whole “show” was the end for me. Haven’t watched a game since he started all that kneeling crap.
Originally Posted by Ringman
I stopped years ago. As far as I am concerned, NFL died of "Colon" cancer.

Me too.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

To be fair though, how would you like to ride herd on hundreds of overpaid spoiled Negro jocks. You have to cater to these clowns or the league would be up the creek.

No you don't. What's their alternative? Assistant gymteachers in the ghetto?
I already done quit. I was an avid fan at one time when the Oilers were here.
Haven't watched a single mnute of a single game since the Kaepernick drama. Didn't watch very much before that b.s. Haven't lost a wink of sleep over it either.
Yes. I haven't watched a game in 4 years. It's not that difficult.
went to a Arizona Cardinals game back in 2005 or 2006. they were plying with the New England Patriots.
bunch of guys running around grabbing each other by the butt and then standing around for commercials. the dancing (look at me!!!!) in the end zone was stupid.
left before the end. waste of 150 bucks i think. last football game i ever watched. went to a few baseball games but don't watch on the brain drain tube. Basket ball is just silly. raise the hoop, get taller boos. raise the hoop, get taller boos and chicoms. nothing more then a way to sucker money out of people. get out and DO something for Petes sake! like spend hours on a hunting forum talking about everything else! grin grin
Quit watching it many years ago. Something like 45 years ago when Lenny Dawson was getting his butt kicked when the line let the defense through. And Hank Stram was not doing anything about it. We let our season tickets go and decided not to follow through with getting a hospitality room at the stadium for customers. It happened for quite a few years in a row so goodbye. That is the era when I quit watching network news. Another story about that. ...... Be Well, Rustyzipper.
I ALREADY quit watching the Negro FL and

Blacksket Ball. NO going to..... DID
I never was a big NFL fan. Even when they we still legit.

Guess being from MS, no local team other than Saints.

I’ll watch college till they do something stupid.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
went to a Arizona Cardinals game back in 2005 or 2006. they were plying with the New England Patriots.
bunch of guys running around grabbing each other by the butt and then standing around for commercials. the dancing (look at me!!!!) in the end zone was stupid.
left before the end. waste of 150 bucks i think. last football game i ever watched. went to a few baseball games but don't watch on the brain drain tube. Basket ball is just silly. raise the hoop, get taller boos. raise the hoop, get taller boos and chicoms. nothing more then a way to sucker money out of people. get out and DO something for Petes sake! like spend hours on a hunting forum talking about everything else! grin grin

Or go to college or even high school sports games. Fug the self righteous professional prima-donnas

I quit 4-5 years ago
I have not watched a pro football game in several years - ever since they seemed to think I CARED about their beliefs and politics.
I like football.
Dont care what anyone says about it.
I earned my right to watch it......
DGAF about what someone thinks "I support" by watching football
That is laughable to me honestly.

GO PATROITS!!!!

And I will watch Tampa Bay games cause of Brady and Gronk also.
I hope they have a 10 plus win season at least.

But also interested in Stidham as Patriots QB and how their game is gonna be adapted without Brady.
Hope the Patriots have 10 plus win season at least.
I watched most of two games last year...because they were good games. And a couple of the play off games. The Chiefs played good...that was fun and a long time coming.
Have to factor in the fact that there was not much else going on....
Go Broncos
I stopped when Kaperdink not only got away with his douchebaggery, but began being promoted by the league.

A pox on all of them.
I don't watch television. I am already as dumb as I need to be.
I enjoyed watching football throughout my life but im getting sick of all the politics in it and find myself watching less and less every year. I follow up on my home team every week even if I don’t watch. I used to love the superbowl more for the commercials than the game but it is too polarized anymore as well. I will still watch the superbowl but if something else is going on in the house im not as concerned if i miss some of it as i used to in years past. Kappernick has definitely changed the game of football for a lot of Americans.
I was done with it long ago.
Yup,

Don't recall watching an NFL game since the early 80's and the NFL strikes!

I figure there are a lot better ways to invest my time!

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by renegade50
I like football.
Dont care what anyone says about it.
DGAF about what someone thinks "I support" by watching football.
That is laughable to me honestly.

👊🏻
Guessing the most fun outdoor activity I do now is ultralight fishing all the small creeks, streams, and public ponds. Often taking the grandkids in tow.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Sure nuff, never watched them, before and don't see the need to stop a successful process.
I have not been a fan of pro sports since HS. After the whole steroid thing emerged my GAF meter broke! I would rather spend my time doing something in the woods, hunting or fishing. Some of the athletes today make me ashamed to be a man!
I watched my sons play when they were in high school. Never gave a shyt about the NFL.
Didn’t read all the reply’s but honestly i turned it off when the whole knee [bleep] started. Haven’t watched a snap since.

To be fair I’ve always been much more of a college fan but I watched the nfl every Sunday, Monday and sometimes in Thursday. Even went to games sometimes

Never again
I haven't watched or followed a game since about the 6th grade. No plans to change that.
Pro sports in general, and football, basketball, baseball and pasture pool in particular, are boring! Hockey is interesting, especially when a good fight breaks out. I'd rather be out in the shop building a racing engine than watching most of the sports on TV. NASCAR- - - - -nothing but a high speed parade! If I'm in the pits at a dirt track helping a driver win with one of my engines- - - -now that's an adrenaline rush!
Jerry
Cant miss what you never appreciated in the first place.
Yes I have lost all interest in any pro sports.
Yep, I watch no pro sports, football, basketball, soccer, none of them. NFL National felons league
Originally Posted by Dutch
Never have been a NFL viewer, I prefer a more fast paced game. Like baseball....

How the hell are they going to play without spitting?
Yes, of course.

I stopped watching when CK started his disrespectful kneeling and the league did NOTHING to stop it. In fact, they allowed it and will do so more this year. I hope the National Felon League goes bankrupt. I hope they have empty seats.

I refuse to support something so ungrateful, so un-American, so disgusting.

I WILL NEVER WATCH THE NFL EVER AGAIN, NOR BUY ANY PRODUCT OF THE NFL!
I do not waste my time on watching pro sports at all. Got reloading to do, fish to catch, naps to take. grin

Old_Toot,

Monthly nut.

Amazon Prime - $9.99
Netflix - $8.99
IPVanish VPN - $3.28
Total - $82.25

Will look into this and what RemModel8 said .

Thanks boys.
Originally Posted by RemModel8

Old_Toot,

Monthly nut.

Amazon Prime - $9.99
Netflix - $8.99
IPVanish VPN - $3.28
Total - $82.25

That's funny stuff. Lots of city slickers on the Fire it would appear. Try your monkey shines on 3mb DSL.

GFY, newb.

I've got a new rifle in inventory that'll be setup before you're done phugkin with the antenna on your trailer.

Lol.

You'll get no sympathy here for being a dumb phugk.
Originally Posted by DMc
Guessing the most fun outdoor activity I do now is ultralight fishing all the small creeks, streams, and public ponds. Often taking the grandkids in tow.

DMc, great pic. Can't tell if that's a beetle spin or small jig. Picture's a little foggy, but my eyes are worse. Lol.

Enjoy!
Haven't watched NFL in decades. Won't watch another second of that for the remainder of my life. Same for NBA.
would dig some YouTube over that NFL Nonsense

like Me some David Chappelle

Jus Sayin' ...

For that reason....I'm out !
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I was done with it long ago.

My take as well. a pox on the whole program. Cheers NC
I got a really bad weakness for baseball,,,,about any baseball from
T-Ball on up.

Junkie.
I watched 1, maybe 2 games last year. Pretty much lost interest after Kaepernick knelt on the NFL's neck. And the NFL said, "Thank you, we as a country deserved it."
Quit watching since the kneeling started
Never have watched any other pro sports
Quit watching NASCAR a couple years ago too.

Eff em all
Leatherneck: Did so... long ago and far away!
My life is better for it.
And I was there at the Seattle Seahawks first game!
Screw the n.f.l. and the scum sucking, anti-American, spoiled ass, negro's that permeate their ranks.
"I" have better things to do - don't you?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Already quit. This just cements it that much more. I was happy Brees stood up, and am miffed he rolled over.
T-Ball on up.

Junkie.
My dad is like that. He still goes to a lot of local games from little league to high school. Loves to watch the Yankees play too.
I enjoy watching football as well as other team sports even the NFL, so far.
“He who makes you mad controls you”
I quit watching the NFL when Colin Kaepernick started disrespecting the flag and our veterans. I watched the Chiefs win the Superbowl and really enjoyed the game but with all this BS going on, I really don't have a serious interest in NFL football anymore.
I stopped watching the NFL and all other pro sports years ago. More recently, I stopped watching all college sports.
Not me! I been a packer backer for 60 years and I’m not going to stop now!!!!!!
Yup. Two years ago. Seldom watch college either, easy to do when you've cut the cord.

Old_Toot,

Monthly nut.

Amazon Prime - $9.99
Netflix - $8.99
IPVanish VPN - $3.28
Total - $82.25

Tag
Originally Posted by Blackheart
T-Ball on up.

Junkie.
My dad is like that. He still goes to a lot of local games from little league to high school. Loves to watch the Yankees play too.

If walk by the tv and a game is on and I stop to watch it for just a few minutes,,,,then I’m pretty much screwed for the rest of the day and don’t let it be a fuggin double header.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Yup. Two years ago. Seldom watch college either, easy to do when you've cut the cord.

I still enjoy College Football for the time being, especially the SEC.
I'll continue to watch college football but I've been done with the NFL since the kneeling started.
No NFL for me in several years. I don't see that changing.
Originally Posted by DMc

DMc, great pic. Can't tell if that's a beetle spin or small jig. Picture's a little foggy, but my eyes are worse. Lol.

Enjoy!

Pink jig. Thanks Local!
Stopped long ago. I realized my free time is/was better spent doing more active things.
I've not watched a full game in about a decade. No political reason for it, I just decided there were things I'd rather be doing on a Sunday afternoon.
Jerry Jones would have to sign me to a fan contract ($$$) to watch his schitty team. Why shouldn't fans get paid for watching those bums?? My time is worth as much to me as it is to the bums who play that rigged 'sport'.
Aren't fall Sunday afternoons some of the best times to be in the outdoors?
The NFL can suck my fat white cock.
I haven’t watched football since the take a knee BS, fuggem.
I can honestly say I have never given a [bleep] about any professional sports unless you count BASS or FLW
I quit couple years ago, not all the way as Last year I watched 2 or 3 games at friends house.
But this BS, they can eat my a*s
When What's his name the SF quarterback and his buddies started kneeling during the National Anthem I turned off Football but have slowly started watching again last fall, if they start kneeling again, the TV goes off!
© 24hourcampfire