Home
Posted By: MtnBoomer How's the weather, got snow? - 06/07/20
Now in Montana. We are telling you, it's bad here, try Colorado, it's much nicer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
No, in the 90's.
Posted By: DHN Re: How's the weather, got snow? - 06/08/20
It's only June 7, this could easily happen for another month. In the late '80's - early 90's NW Montana mountains got some snow every July 4th.
Right on.... Really nice in Idaho I heard.... whistle
Montana bad, Utah good.

That looks pretty good to me. I was climbing around in and on a broke down combine in a half cut wheat field yesterday and it was 103. I’d be delighted to have a skiff of snow in the morning.
From a friend in Butte, MT this morning.

Going to be 101 today with wind about 40 mph.

Just like living in a blow dryer.
It's 41 degrees right now in Ogden. Haven't taken a picture, but there's new snow on those big rock stickie-up things all around us.

Terrible here in Utah. Think Nevada if you're moving. Nevada is empty.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Going to be 101 today with wind about 40 mph.

Just like living in a blow dryer.

I’d rather have the snow! 😁
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Montana bad, Utah good.

Utah is full up.........

weather sucks........

wind worse than WY the past week

mountain snow this weekend

more rain & wind coming today

No jobs......Mittens lives here.........

black protesters in the city of salt.....
we got a little snow just south of me yesterday. Here it was all rain, high in low 40's. Today it's supposed to be more clear and up to about 60, high 80's by Wed. We're getting our spring rain a month late...now that all the farmers have their hay down.

yep

snow squalls right now....about 7500'

crazy spring

oh yea

mini split heat pump system running all night

high of 48 today
Posted By: EdM Re: How's the weather, got snow? - 06/08/20
I sit in the Cabinet's and there appears to be new snow up high. Definitely so across the valley on the Selkirks with my view from here of Sweitzer.
Fresh snow at about 6500 ft here in central Idaho, it should melt off in the next couple of days.

drover
High 90's the last few days. Strong south winds.
We got ours yesterday, along with wind, sleet, hail, graupel, and regular rain. Can't see the tops of the Warners yet, still in the clouds, but I hope they got a good dump of snow.

June 8 and we had to have a fire going. Letting it burn out for the day now as the house has warmed up. But I thought I was done with that stuff for a while. Hope no more needed until Sept at least!

It’s HOT here. Hasbeen
Out the back door day before yesterday and it ain't changed much...The rainbows were a pleasant surprise.
Posted By: las Re: How's the weather, got snow? - 06/08/20
Geeze, you guys. A skiff of snow and whining begins. I guess it makes a differerence whether it's coming or going? Or maybe not. This was from our 15 mile hike yesterday, @2400 feet. We had to cross only about a half dozen remaing drifts.

I was known as "fun sucker" by the end.... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by elkchsr
From a friend in Butte, MT this morning.

This is all wrong. Oregon, that's the place to be.....
Thunder snow and lightning in SE Wyoming, which at night and with heavy snow makes the sky flash an amazing blue.

We have a good 4-5" of heavy, wet snow. It is hard enough to grow a garden at 7300 feet...
Originally Posted by las
Geeze, you guys. A skiff of snow and whining begins. I guess it makes a differerence whether it's coming or going? Or maybe not. This was from our 15 mile hike yesterday, @2400 feet. We had to cross only about a half dozen remaing drifts.

I was known as "fun sucker" by the end.... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The wiener dog hiked 15 miles too?

Dang, that's one big bunch of footsteps for a shortlegged pooch.
Posted By: las Re: How's the weather, got snow? - 06/09/20
More like 30.. squirrels, and rabbits, grouse, voles and ptarmigan all have to be hunted for and calibrated. And his people- pack have to be checked back on regularily.

He rode about 2 miles on top: the wind was bothering his ears. 30 seconds after getting in the truck, both dogs were out.... but wanted to go again the next day.
Man, you sure gave that weiner a workout!
Posted By: CP Re: How's the weather, got snow? - 06/09/20
Deer Lodge yesterday..
[Linked Image]
Its sweat your balls off season here now....

Oh and hurry up and mow...

Mow while sweating your balls off, it will be that until mid september.

The upside I guess, is all the fresh produce that likes the sweat your balls off weather.

Oh and blue crabs!

I much prefer fall leaves and sitting in a tree to this, my least favorite season is summer.
Originally Posted by CP
Deer Lodge yesterday..
[Linked Image]

I hear Washington is nice, folks should move there, Montana baaaaaad.

storms are headed east to the plains.......

hold on to your azz out there

nice weather pattern for us now
Snowed a few days ago in Cali.
We have mountains....the highest in the continental united states.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article155705959.html

The trees took a beating, never mind the garden...
© 24hourcampfire