Home
Posted By: wabigoon Polio? - 06/08/20
Remember Polio? It was worse than bad. Iron Lungs, I know people that suffered from the disease.

Back in the fifties, they closed public swimming pools. Not movies, bars, restaurants, and church's.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
The anti-vaxers could create another outbreak. My dad had it in the '50's. He made a full recovery but he was in the hospital and rehab for 4 months. He was one of the lucky ones.
Posted By: deflave Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Remember Polio?

No.
Posted By: victoro Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
I don't remember Polio but I remember being told that I would end up in an "Iron Lung" if I didn't take the polio vaccine twice. I never knew or heard of anybody that had polio.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Both of my younger brothers contracted it in June of 1955, the last year of a big polio epidemic. I'd been in 1st grade and, consequently, had received the Salk vaccine. With the limited supplies available, only kids in school, who were considered at greatest risk, got the vaccine. The older of my two younger brothers lost complete use of his left arm. He was the first one diagnosed. The whole family had to go to our family doctor to get gamma globulin shots which, apparently helped offset the damage to the youngest brother who lost only partial use of one leg. The girl next door to us didn't fare so well, and ended up in an iron lung.

That was 65 years ago. I remember clearly to this day my brother screaming when our family doctor did a spinal tap in our living room. Things were a little different in those days.

Both my brothers have lived full and successful lives and never asked for or received any special treatment.
Posted By: rayporter Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
my cousins husband lost the use of both legs. he is now bedridden because he walked with crutches so long that he destroyed his shoulders.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
One of my uncles got it in childhood back then. It crippled him below the waist but he managed to live a full life on the farm and successfully work as a mailman, living until his mid-80s. That was something of a medical "Guinness Book" achievement.

His arms and chest became massively powerful as one result of his polio. He could (and I witnessed him doing it) grab a fence post with both hands and lift himself out of his wheelchair holding his entire upper body horizontal. He could clamber up onto his favorite tractor and roam the farm on it. Amazing man.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Polio? - 06/08/20

Remember several who wound up wearing leg braces due to contracting polio.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
The point I was trying to make is, all they closed back then was swimming pools.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
My grandma said white girls could get pregnant if black boys swam in the same pools. 😃😃
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
My wife and I talked about this the other day in reference to this COVID fraud. We grew up in times when polio, scarlet fever, measles, influenza, mumps, and several other diseases could - and did - kill lots of people. Yet today, people cower and whimper over a virus that infects very few outside of slum-like cities and kills less than a fraction of one percent of those who do manage to catch it.

We have become a nation of cowards and weaklings. (Deliberately, some would say.)
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
My grandma said white girls could get pregnant if black boys swam in the same pools. 😃😃

If they swam past within a foot of them then it was possible. LOL
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My wife and I talked about this the other day in reference to this COVID fraud. We grew up in times when polio, scarlet fever, measles, influenza, mumps, and several other diseases could - and did - kill lots of people. Yet today, people cower and whimper over a virus that infects very few outside of slum-like cities and kills less than a fraction of one percent of those who do manage to catch it.

We have become a nation of cowards and weaklings. (Deliberately, some would say.)

Where the hell is that like button?
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Not by any streach the importance of a dreaded, and deadly sickness, Polio.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Remember Polio? It was worse than bad. Iron Lungs, I know people that suffered from the disease.

Back in the fifties, they closed public swimming pools. Not movies, bars, restaurants, and church's.

I very clearly remember all of that, including some homes being quarantined. I was in grade school then, after every summer vacation, we would go back to school to find one or three of our little classmates gone forever. One classmate was horribly deformed from polio but went on to finish school and go on to college, he just died a few years ago.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
We had family member horribly crippled by it,my grandmothers brother ,
Contracted it in 1930 and was literally twisted like a corkscrew from it,he suffered terribly in the hospitals as a child and would never go back to one.
He became a C.P.A. ,but noboy in those days was going to hire a 5'4" hunchbacked,
Accountant,so he started his own business from home,had his cars specially modified so he could drive,stick shift, of all things.
As he got older,his lungs constricted more and more,he had trouble breathing
Refused to go to the hospital,and died at home in his early 60's.he was an inspiration to us all,never felt sorry for himself,never had a hard on for the world,always joking,lots of friends,he made the best out of a bad situation.
My step dad had polio in the 50's,they called him spider because his torso grew but his legs stayed small,my father in law had it in 50's also,had lung trouble from it. It was really a bad thing.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Do you remember the truth about polio and the vaccines or just what history wants you to?
I believe in vaccines, we raise cattle.
Posted By: hanco Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
I remember having to stay inside all summer after several kids in the neighborhood came down with it. I remember getting the vaccine. It seems like it was on a sugar cube. I remember several children that were crippled because of polio. Damn that was long ago.
Smallpox was probably the worst. It killed something like 30% of those who got it. It was 1st identified about 300 BC (found in Egyptian mummies). For millennia, they didn't know much about how to avoid it's spread. It wasn't until about 1800 when Dr Jenner devised the 1st vaccine from the similar but harmless cowpox that anything could be done about it. Thanks to a world wide vaccination effort, it's been completely eradicated with the last known case almost 50 years ago.

Jenner's methods of developing the vaccine would make the CDC shudder. He deliberately inoculated people with smallpox to test it.
"It seems like it was on a sugar cube."

I had 2 doses in elementary school in Corpus Christi. The first dose in the 1st grade was a drop on your tongue (no taste) and the 2nd dose in the 2nd grade was a drop on a sugar cube. Looking back it seems odd that the vaccine was given orally. I haven't had an oral vaccine since.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
We first got the Salk vaccine as a shot and there after on a sugar cube. Several kids in our neighborhood had it but our family was fortunate.
"Jenner's methods of developing the vaccine would make the CDC shudder. He deliberately inoculated people with smallpox to test it."

You think vaccine testing is safe now? The CDC is owned by the drug companies. They're allowing Gates and people like him to skip the animal tests for a Covid vaccine and test it on humans first.
Posted By: windridge Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Do you remember the truth about polio and the vaccines or just what history wants you to?

I remember losing my two best friends to polio as a young boy. It's obvious you don't know the truth about polio.
The 1st polio vaccine was the Salk and given by injection. A few years later, the Sabine version was the sugar cube. My dad had recovered from polio and he had us all at the head of the line for both of them.
And this why DuckDuckGo sucks ass, just try searching it
Stop using that wack ass search engine

It couldn’t find these lyrics from Lil Troy, Another Head Put to Rest

Luckily it’s in my head

Back, comin back like a crackfiend
Strong, I leave a mark like a vaccine
Stop, you comin off on a wack scene...

Still have my pumpkin plug mark on my arm.

Posted By: jdm953 Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by victoro

I had 2 doses in elementary school in Corpus Christi. The first dose in the 1st grade was a drop on your tongue (no taste) and the 2nd dose in the 2nd grade was a drop on a sugar cube. Looking back it seems odd that the vaccine was given orally. I haven't had an oral vaccine since.

Mama walked the three of us kids to the school one evening to get the sugar cube. The walk back home see explained what it was.So what happened to David would not happen to us.
Posted By: las Re: Polio? - 06/08/20

Damned straight. But IIRC my science, it ain't the swimming or the water that causes that condition. smile
Ohhh, so that’s what oil slick is when the get in the pool
Posted By: champlain_islander Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
It was the big scare in mid 50's. I remember one kid in school ended up with it and walked with crutches for years after. He is still living and seems to get around OK now.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
The worldwide campaign to eradicate polio has been wildly successful. Only two countries had wild virus in 2019, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Less than 200 cases of wild Polio virus Infections are expected in 2020.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has borne a very significant portion of the cost of this campaign.

My f-I-l has a withered leg due to polio.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by Dutch
The worldwide campaign to eradicate polio has been wildly successful. Only two countries had wild virus in 2019, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Less than 200 cases of wild Polio virus Infections are expected in 2020.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has borne a very significant portion of the cost of this campaign.

To think the Gates' don't have any ulterior motives is incredibly naive.
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation

That rhymes with Clinton Foundation
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation

That rhymes with Clinton Foundation

Same/Same

But one can afford a better PR division.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Oh, my, eradication one of the devil’s scourges on the world, using billions and billions of his own money..... just because you’re so cheap you’ve never used paper money to leave a tip, doesn’t mean everybody else is a miserably selfish bastard like you.....
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Oh, my, eradication one of the devil’s scourges on the world, using billions and billions of his own money..... just because you’re so cheap you’ve never used paper money to leave a tip, doesn’t mean everybody else is a miserably selfish bastard like you.....

Having 2 sisters that worked as waitresses I tip rather well actually.

Try again euro-f ag.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Polio? - 06/08/20

remember a few kids in 69-70 had it when i started school.
The March of Dimes?
"The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has borne a very significant portion of the cost of this campaign."

Bill Gates is in the vaccine business! He's getting $500 million from Fauci to research a COVID-19 vaccine.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Polio? - 06/08/20

same here in Kingsville.
Gates is a billionaire and he owns large in pharm. However, he's putting his money to work developing vaccines. If he doesn't do it, who else will? It's a very expensive game to play and few have what it takes or the willingness to do it.
"However, he's putting his money to work developing vaccines."

Sure he is but because he wants be the one to vaccinate the whole world. Why do you think he gives $200 million a year to the WHO? Gates will be well paid if he comes up with a vaccine. I haven't had a vaccine since 1964 in basic training. I have no idea what vaccines the Army gave us but I do remember they didn't ask us for our permission. I have had a few tetanus shots over the years. My Grandfather witnessed a man die of "'Lockjaw" and told me about it in detail. I was so terrified of getting lockjaw that I almost started wearing shoes so I wouldn't step on a rusty nail.
Posted By: DMc Re: Polio? - 06/08/20
Kindergarten was elective when I attended, but the school cancelled the program midyear due to a couple cases of polio. I vaguely remember my first vaccine was a cut to my shoulder with a piece of glass. The 2nd was a sugar cube.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Polio? - 06/09/20

Sure he is but because he wants be the one to vaccinate the whole world. Why do you think he gives $200 million a year to the WHO? Gates will be well paid if he comes up with a vaccine. I haven't had a vaccine since 1964 in basic training. I have no idea what vaccines the Army gave us but I do remember they didn't ask us for our permission. I have had a few tetanus shots over the years. My Grandfather witnessed a man die of "'Lockjaw" and told me about it in detail. I was so terrified of getting lockjaw that I almost started wearing shoes so I wouldn't step on a rusty nail.

You DO realize a “tetanus shot” is a vaccine, right?
Posted By: Dutch Re: Polio? - 06/09/20

He does want to vaccinate the whole world, and he has spent billions of his fortune on the polio project alone. Several Billions. With a “b”.

Now, let me explain something to you. If you want to make money on something, you need to CHARGE for it. Not give it away. If you give things away, you don’t get richer. See how that works?

The biggest obstacle to polio being eradicated from this world is the Taliban belief that vaccines are an evil American plot to kill them off.

So, you are in real good company in your beliefs.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Polio? - 06/09/20
Originally Posted by joken2

Remember several who wound up wearing leg braces due to contracting polio.

+1
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Polio? - 06/09/20
I can remember the public pools closing down, etc The younger brother of a friend caught it and he wore braces on his lower legs. It didn’t slow him down ‘cause he played baseball in the yard with us. I lost track of him after they moved so don’t know what his long term ramifications were
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Polio? - 06/09/20
I have a bookshelf of information on this subject.
Here's one link to a short online booklet for those who WANT TO KNOW more. Go just past the introduction for the table of contents.

It looks like this:

Sections include:
1) What is Polio, How Does it Spread, and How Prevalent was it Before the Vaccine?
2) Vaccines Contribute to the Spread of Polio
3) Is Vaccination the Only Explanation for the Decline of Polio?
4) Don’t Blindly Follow Statistics

Unfortunately, I don't see as many people convinced by truth in medi-sin. I've even seen "open minded" mothers with vaccine Brain damaged children take them back to have evil physicians of no value hurt them with some more damned injections! It's hard to convince someone saturated for thousands of hours of multiple millions of$ of advertising disguised as science.

I have high respect for those who take the effort to educate themselves on vaccines; who repent of the harm done to their kids; having interest in re-evaluating the propaganda fed to them by their 12+ years in gt re-education camps and favorite Provda on TV and the spider web.

Real history looks like this:

https://www.vaccinesandchristianity...unsafe-deceptive-the-polio-vaccine-scam/
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Polio? - 06/09/20
While the anti-vaxers are trying to jump start another polio epidemic, what do they say about smallpox? It killed 30% of those infected. An aggressive world wide vaccination program totally eradicated it. There hasn't been a confirmed case anywhere in the world in the last 45 years. Again - it was done by vaccinations. They work and a terrible disease is gone.
Posted By: windridge Re: Polio? - 06/09/20
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Here's one link to a short online booklet for those who WANT TO KNOW more. Go just past the introduction for the table of contents.

It looks like this:

Sections include:
1) What is Polio, How Does it Spread, and How Prevalent was it Before the Vaccine?

Unfortunately, I don't see as many people convinced by truth in medi-sin. I've even seen "open minded" mothers with vaccine Brain damaged children take them back to have evil physicians of no value hurt them with some more damned injections! It's hard to convince someone saturated for thousands of hours of multiple millions of$ of advertising disguised as science.

I have high respect for those who take the effort to educate themselves on vaccines; who repent of the harm done to their kids; having interest in re-evaluating the propaganda fed to them by their 12+ years in gt re-education camps and favorite Provda on TV and the spider web.

Thump all you want. You're still a complete idiot.
Originally Posted by DMc
Kindergarten was elective when I attended, but the school cancelled the program midyear due to a couple cases of polio. I vaguely remember my first vaccine was a cut to my shoulder with a piece of glass. The 2nd was a sugar cube.

The cut to the shoulder was the smallpox vaccination. The first Polio vaccine was administered with a hypo.
Originally Posted by windridge

It looks like this:

Sections include:

Windridge,

Thanks for making my point so succinctly.

https://thewilddoc.com/polio-vaccine-causes-more-paralysis-in-india/
Originally Posted by windridge

It looks like this:

Sections include:

Windridge,

Thanks for making my point so succinctly.

https://thewilddoc.com/polio-vaccine-causes-more-paralysis-in-india/

What point,that you're a bible thumping idiot? Believe anything you wish. Your kind of ignorance if wide spread will bring back polio, and smallpox, and measles, and a plethora of other diseases we have licked and nearly eradicated.

It would be a bit of poetic justice if an un-vaccinated rabid dog got his chompers in your ass.
Windridge,

It's an emotional subject. I get that. I was on the provax side too growing up. Then I started questioning the information and actually cared to investigate before the internet was a common tool that kids take for granted. Someone could still learn quite a lot to get to the truth IF they wanted to bad enough. And yes I credit the God of my Bible with EVERYTHING leading to the health and safety of many, including myself.

Have you sat down with hospital administrators, research scientists/physicians, hospital heads and had long face to face conversations about the safety and efficacy of vaccines?
After all, you've taken collective credit for, "a plethora of other diseases WE have licked and nearly eradicated.". Bravo! Congratulations on working so hard with your partners to bring about such achievements!

I suppose that you cared enough to have taken the time to interview PhD level pharmacologists and the department head of vaccine development of a major manufacturer we would all recognize.

Sure I've come across very dogmatic in the way that I presented information on this subject. I used to present information in predigested tiny pieces that are easily received. Then I saw too many needlessly autistic children. Little boys and girls who had severe brain damage because of their doctors, hospitals and the pharmaceutical industry.....all for the LOVE OF MONEY ! Too many People die and leave this world too soon from those poison injections...many of them sadly to hell forever.
There's not much time to mess around with something Bill Gates and other evil losers want to force on 7 + billion people. When I see evil millionaires, billionares and the poor people theyve harmed, I'm ready to ask God to ask Him to judge them swiftly. I don't think anyone here on this forum knows what's going on behind the scenes, but the powers that shouldn't be know what they're doing.

The information on vaccinations is extremely easy to access now.

It costs you nothing. You don't have to do all that research, study, traveling, interviews. Once you do Windridge, perhaps you will be able to speak with a little bit of authority on a subject that you actually know about. So you call me a Bible thumping idiot.
To that I say to YOU.....Thanks and God bless you! I haven't been called anything like that all week.
I'd like to see you get to heaven like I would everyone on this forum!
It has nothing to do with vaccines, but it costs you Nothing. Somebody else already did the work for you.

Here's how to join the winning team:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Polio? - 06/09/20
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The anti-vaxers could create another outbreak. My dad had it in the '50's. He made a full recovery but he was in the hospital and rehab for 4 months. He was one of the lucky ones.

I had polio in the '50's. I was one of the lucky ones...... I survived.
© 24hourcampfire