Home
Posted By: duck911 nice break. - 06/09/20
It's been a warm spring with low precip here in Loveland, Co this spring and early summer.

Tonight was a nice break.

Hit 89 degrees at 3 pm. Storms moved in a bit ago. Small hail (pea sized, no drama), moderate winds, then COLD rain. I literally watched my lawn revive. 40 degrees, currently. 35 degree low tonight.

Box fan is in the window upstairs on HIGH. Might even have to put a pair of socks on!
Posted By: slumlord Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
I burned leaves and pee’d out in the yard several times today
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
It rained.

Needed it.

Did chores, cooked food.

Made chili for lunch. Cut up a belly for bacon. Set a loin to brine for back bacon.

Got drunk with the kids.

good day.
Posted By: duck911 Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Got drunk with the kids.

Well done.
Posted By: duck911 Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
Another round of COLD rain incoming, in sheets.

Stella the Wonder Doodle hunkering down due to Sky Booms. She hates Sky Booms.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It rained.

Needed it.

Did chores, cooked food.

Made chili for lunch. Cut up a belly for bacon. Set a loin to brine for back bacon.

Got drunk with the kids.

good day.

Loin? Back Bacon?

Sounds Canadian or something.

Knowing you, it'll be more than passable eats.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
Yes sir. The loins I bough the other day have been turned into back bacon....Canadian Bacon.....using the Ruhlman recipe.

The belly was turned into belly bacon using Danny L's New York Syrup.

You cant beat it.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
It’s hot here. Too hot.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

Did you wave and pleasantly greet the neighbors too?

Anyhoo... South Texas summer heat is on down here, stumbling around in the brush a full month late doing bird counts feels like hard labor, and is. So hot I left the dog at home, ain’t fair to her.

Actually had reason to pop off a round from the ol’ Glock 19 yesterday, fuggin feral hogs that ain’t shot at do not fear humans shouting and waving their arms. A boar hog wanted to invade my personal space (which in that context extends at least 25 yards), just an average sized hog (150 lbs?) and not acting aggressive, just indifferent. Anyways, a round into the dirt sent him off in another direction, which beats the crap out of unloading that and the the other fourteen rounds into a squealing, thrashing hog when you gotta count birdsongs.

That was the only time I’ve ever had reason to discharge a firearm in anything remotely resembling self-defense. A Glock 19 sure can be a useful implement to have at hand.

Posted By: rockinbbar Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
Worked outside all day yesterday.

Come in and cool down, drink a cold drink, and go back out.

Damned heat takes it out of you. Despite having drunk gallons of water, hardly pee'd atall.

I absolutely hate this time of year.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
Cleaned out two corn bins yesterday, a 31' and a 34', amounted to 5 loads in all. 90+ with mucho humidity and no wind at this location, pretty darn miserable inside there.

Gonna start on the beans in about an hour and a half.
Posted By: las Re: nice break. - 06/09/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

You could burn it all at once if you don't pee out your fire. (hint). smile
© 24hourcampfire