Home
Posted By: wabigoon Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
A great day here today in Iowa. You good folks?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
OK here. Pretty nice day in southern Oregon.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Not bad. Spent half a day tracing down low voltage irrigation problems.

97 outside only 78 inside with no AC on yet.
Posted By: antlers Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
[Linked Image from i357.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i357.photobucket.com] [Linked Image from i357.photobucket.com] [Linked Image from i357.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from i357.photobucket.com]
Good day...hiking.
Posted By: RayF Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Great day!

Got to start breaking in the 300WM. Put 40 rounds down the pipe. With that Monster brake, I can shoot that thing all day long!
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
High in the mid-80s with light wind. Internet service only intermittantly available past six days. Don't know why.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Wife left town for 5 days

Vet told me my female Labrador retriever has cancer

Sounds like a country song

Just another day for slumlord

Good thing I don’t drink like conrad
Posted By: jnyork Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Had a nice day, shot .22 Lever Action Silhouette with some friends this morning, worked on the new-to-us camper trailer to get it ready for a few days away from the house next week. Friend and I are leaving for the Red Desert of Wyoming at 0600 , gonna see if we can find some prairie dogs.
Posted By: HughW Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Great day here --- breakfast with a couple of retired workmates, long dog walk, took a old friend that is having some trouble with his wife being ill to sporting clays for the afternoon. He had not shot with me for over 15 years. Good mental break for him and we had the course to ourselves -- took our time with several talking breaks. He said he really felt good after the outing --- so a trip that was well worth the fun and not tracking percentages. Just laughs.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Pretty good day.

But not for ol' #708. Crippled up old ornery bitch anyway. She's always been high headed but this was over the top.

She chased my dad around a bale feeder(for NO reason) until I ran over and distracted her and told the old man to get inside the (empty) feeder.

Told my dad that cow is fuucked and she was. Went and got a 30-30 out of the house. Went back down to the pen and she comes at me all arched neck and posturing. I was on the other side of the corral and popped her in the noggin at about 30' away. She drops like a ton of bricks and all the other cows are lookin' at me like WTF?!

Called a neighbor who has a milk cow and said we have a free bum calf for him and the grand kids.

Grabbed the dead bitch with a loader and finished branding.
Posted By: papat Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Fished this morning. Was good. Just messed around rest of day
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
i'm retired. every day is a holiday. was a beautiful day outside. took the side by side for a drive around the farm, had a couple deer swim across my reservoir trying to avoid me, crops thoroughly watered by recent rains and looking great, wife spent the day visiting some of our grandkids. what's not to like.
Posted By: EdM Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Pretty nice as we reached 65 degrees. We headed into town early for breakfast and it was good. Then headed to the lake for a walk to burn off some of breakfast.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Hot, humid, rained this evening.

Not what I would choose, but it was a fine day!
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20

68 mile loop on the the SxS

no fresh pics

saw 2 other people on machines...

lunch the usual....braughts...kraut over the fire washed down with cold Bud Lite(s)

UV index at 12+ today...

Posted By: antlers Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Preach...!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
I'm temporarily retired, everyday is a good day!
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wife left town for 5 days

Vet told me my female Labrador retriever has cancer

Sounds like a country song

Just another day for slumlord

Good thing I don’t drink like conrad

Sorry about the news on your dog.....
Posted By: Terry_M Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Originally Posted by EdM
Pretty nice as we reached 65 degrees. We headed into town early for breakfast and it was good. Then headed to the lake for a walk to burn off some of breakfast.

That looks like Lake Pend O'reille. I was just south of the lake today. There's a couple of great places in the mountains there I go test loads when making long range hunting ammo.

Today was a great day.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Good day, bad day? - 06/11/20
Wonderful day. Had four helpers on our firewood cutting trip. Two saws running and four loading. Got about 6 hours worth of work accomplished in about 2 hours and 15 minutes, but I'll have to unload and stack solo tomorrow.
© 24hourcampfire