Home
Posted By: wabigoon What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Light wool blend socks, black Double H western boots. Earlier getting the cow in, rubber Wellington boots for the mud.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
A pair of Nicks boots and Thorlo socks.
Posted By: elkaddict Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Cotton socks and Meindl hikers. I wear these nearly everyday on the farm when rubber boots or Schnees pack boots are not required. They are 13 years old and remain the most comfortable boots I’ve ever worn. Sadly, I’ll need to retire them this year as the stitching is finally coming undone.
Posted By: HughW Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Merrell - barefoot's. Being retired I get to wear what I want now. No rain or water so the muck boots sit idle.

Got the boat ready for the first fishing trip of the year tomorrow so it will be Keen's open web - water shoes for the day tomorrow.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Brand new pair of Altra Lone Peak 4.0 trail running shoes. This is my 3rd pair of Lone Peaks and they are the best shoe I have ever had. I will take them to the mountains tomorrow and get them dusty.

mike r
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Barefoot in the house. Darn Tuff wool socks and Asolo Sassalong's working in the garden or putting around the farm.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Toes.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Bare now, the breeze feels good twitet my toes.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20

Birkenstocks

bring it on....................
Posted By: stxhunter Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
barefoot, went out to my truck earlier, the concrete was hot as f-ck.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
wear these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XBVYWR5/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_8?smid=A2A1NW6C7A6IZR&psc=1
Posted By: Squidge Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
My feet are currently naked.
Posted By: antlers Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
lvmiker...You ever trek up Lone Mountain when you have a little bit of time and you want to get in some vertical elevation gain...?
Posted By: ironbender Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Birkenstocks

LMAO!
Posted By: Poconojack Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20

Flip flops
Besides the hair, fungus, dead skin?

Thick wool blend boot socks and a pair of Keen boots I bought to try out
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Brand new pair of Altra Lone Peak 4.0 trail running shoes. This is my 3rd pair of Lone Peaks and they are the best shoe I have ever had. I will take them to the mountains tomorrow and get them dusty.

mike r

Better order a couple extra pair. IME, they will stop making them soon!
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
I was in and out of the water all day so I've been wearing, wait for it...

crocs! grin
Originally Posted by ironbender

Birkenstocks

LMAO!

yea yea yea..........

born in '52.........

raised in the 60's..........

fuggin A..........

If I had a joint I'd light it up........
Originally Posted by stxhunter
barefoot, went out to my truck earlier, the concrete was hot as f-ck.

86* here.........

turn it off !!!!!!
Originally Posted by antlers
lvmiker...You ever trek up Lone Mountain when you have a little bit of time and you want to get in some vertical elevation gain...?

If you mean the Lone Mountain here in LV , yes a bunch of times. When I was w/ LVMPD SAR one of the 1st test for aspirant volunteers was a stroll to the top w/ a 30 lb pack. Piece of cake until the temps reached>100*.
Many came, few remained.

mike r

mike r

Better order a couple extra pair. IME, they will stop making them soon!

I had a hard time getting these in size 10.5, They only had 1 color choice. I probably should have bought a couple more. Reviews on the 4.5 are mixed.

mike r
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Wool socks and Meindl hikers when hunting. New Balance tennis shoes inside and summer.

Birkenstocks

LMAO!

yea yea yea..........

born in '52.........

fuggin A..........

Easy now. I was laughing “with” you!
Posted By: Torqued Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Just got home from work and still in my work boots. Wool socks and Thorogood wedge sole lace ups.
Posted By: GuideGun Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Darn Tough socks and JK boots.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Smartwool merino wool socks and Timberland hiking boots, Keen low hikers when not wearing the Timberlands.
Posted By: antlers Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
If you mean the Lone Mountain here in LV , yes a bunch of times. When I was w/ LVMPD SAR one of the 1st test for aspirant volunteers was a stroll to the top w/ a 30 lb pack. Piece of cake until the temps reached>100*.
Many came, few remained.
That’s the one. I’ve done it a bunch too. But NOT in triple digit heat. I’ll pass. I’ve done Turtlehead Peak a bunch too. I LOVE Red Rock Canyon and have done a great deal of climbin’ and hikin’ there. I’m very familiar with that place. That’s where I spend most of my time when I’m out there. I like to climb and hike in Valley of Fire too. And for a change of pace, I like to go down to Laughlin and use it as a base to operate out of to climb and hike in that area. But NOT in the Summer. I like southern Nevada best between the middle of October and early March.
Posted By: add Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
Unidentifiable fungus.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/11/20
...Right now just a pair of wool blend heavyweight socks that I get at Runnings Home, Farm & Outdoor Center. They are an official Browning, ( yeah; that Browning) licensed product with the Browning logo on the side. Got some on sale awhile back and liked them so much I got more. Was running around in the woods with my Muck boots this afternoon and took the boots off before coming inside but the socks are so comfy I left 'em on.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Nothing.

If I was doing something worthwhile, Hanes and Red wing Oxfords.
Embarrassed about the Oxfords, but after an Achilles injury I ignored
for too long, i have a knot of scar tissue. Wearing any shoe that touches
it soon becomes excruciating.

Bought my wife a bunch of Darn Tough socks, she loves them.
She looked at some type at 8/$80 and said they were too expensive!
She has no idea what I paid for hers. Good thing!

No way I would pony up that much for my own socks though.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Many came, few remained.
That’s the one. I’ve done it a bunch too. But NOT in triple digit heat. I’ll pass. I’ve done Turtlehead Peak a bunch too. I LOVE Red Rock Canyon and have done a great deal of climbin’ and hikin’ there. I’m very familiar with that place. That’s where I spend most of my time when I’m out there. I like to climb and hike in Valley of Fire too. And for a change of pace, I like to go down to Laughlin and use it as a base to operate out of to climb and hike in that area. But NOT in the Summer. I like southern Nevada best between the middle of October and early March.

I moved here in 1970 after my 1st trip to Red Rock Canyon. World class climbing and the Clark County population was <80k. I had an enduro bike and climbing gear, I thought I had died and gone to heavengrin summers are not for those w elevated IQs.

mike r
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Made in USA red wings
Posted By: antlers Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
I moved here in 1970 after my 1st trip to Red Rock Canyon. World class climbing and the Clark County population was <80k. I had an enduro bike and climbing gear, I thought I had died and gone to heavengrin summers are not for those w elevated IQs.
From <80k to over a million since then. Damn. It ‘is’ some of the best rock in the country. Heckuva bunch of changes out there since 1970. Damn again.
Posted By: 4xbear Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
One of my dogs......
Posted By: gritsnfishin1 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Redwings, flip flops, sometimes sneakers, cheap cotton ankle high socks. Rubber lacross boots with church socks when hunting.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
dickies cotton socks, its summer, double H ice sole boots, buffalo hide. the most utterly indestructible boots I have owned.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Moose hide moccasins. Though the last pair I’ll likely have. The old Indian woman who did them for me passed last year and I have no moose hunt planned this year.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Just got home, poured myself a Turkey a splash of water. I’ve got some Thorlo cotton socks and leather slippers on on my hoofies.
Posted By: EdM Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Either Dunham sandals or Keene Targhee II's with Costco merino wool socks. Bare as I type.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
most of the time Red Wing 914 with Duluth trading over the calf med weight socks....for casual ,zip up the side half boot.
Posted By: Ejp1234 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
I was in and out of the water all day so I've been wearing, wait for it...

crocs! grin

Hey man... ive got size 14 feet, thats a lot of hurt.. them jokers are comfy! I get the mossy oak ones so its not too gay!

Redwings or new balance during the day.
Posted By: hanco Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Nothing, work boots all day
Posted By: hookeye Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Oil soaked worn out boots w reg athletic socks.
Need new boots. Work trashes a cheap pair in 6 months, a good pair in 12. Ends up costing the same.

I wear Keens when not at work. Low cut hiker/ tennis shoe type
Posted By: viking Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Airat steel toed boots
Posted By: Cheesy Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Playing with the bird dogs in the yard in flip flops. Was sweating some copper earlier making them an automatic waterer with my favorite Thorogood wedge sole moc toe boots.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Not a damn thing, works done, jean cuffs rolled up, washed up, cooled down and chilling out.
Posted By: Stix Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
At work it’s Double H cowboy boots. At home it’s Anderson Bean full quill ostrich with goat skin tops.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Put a few miles on the ol' square toe Boulets today sorting, branding and vaccinating the last semi load of pairs.

I can tolerate a worn out pair of boots(when it's dry) but I hate thin socks.

Seems like every spring I get 8-9 pair of new medium weight Smartwool over the calf socks.

New socks are fricken sweet....

And like Gunner, barefoot as we speak. A/C is runnin' and a cold beer in hand.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Put a few miles on the ol' square toe Boulets today sorting, branding and vaccinating the last semi load of pairs.

I can tolerate a worn out pair of boots(when it's dry) but I hate thin socks.

Seems like every spring I get 8-9 pair of new medium weight Smartwool over the calf socks.

New socks are fricken sweet....

BS, Sam. You gots cowchieet on yer feet.
Jag, my boots sure as hell have a little chit on 'em!

Got fancy and took a quick shower when I got home......grin
Posted By: deflave Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Condoms.

#nottheflu
Posted By: Hastings Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Georgia Mud Dogs 11& 1/2 Wide
Posted By: krp Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Depends. working... red wing laceup... chit kickers... red wing wellington... fancy out... red wing western

Hunting fishing hiking... 4 different pairs of Lowa from light to stout.

In my short cloths... flip flops

Socks are cotton when hot and wool when cold.

Kent
Posted By: High_Noon Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Red Wing Pecos 2405 steel toe. After the 2nd sole I wised up and had Red Wing replace their POS Super Soles with a Vibram. This is a photo of the replacement Vibrams out of the box - much better. I have anther pair of the same boots I'm planning on sending back to them for the Vibram treatment.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by deflave
Condoms.

#nottheflu

Together we will survive.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Ariat Schittkickerz and Kennetreck mountain boots.
Posted By: efw Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Rubber Birkenstock’s are my house slippers
My new favorite work pants are the elastic waist Ariats. They are awesome.

But their boots make my legs itchy.

North American cowboy boots or bust.
Posted By: krp Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Red Wing Pecos 2405 steel toe. After the 2nd sole I wised up and had Red Wing replace their POS Super Soles with a Vibram. This is a photo of the replacement Vibrams out of the box - much better. I have anther pair of the same boots I'm planning on sending back to them for the Vibram treatment.

I have a pair of those I bought years ago in case I worked a job requiring steel toe, wore them once I think, never know when I may need them.

Kent
Kent, I wear my 2405s all the time - whether I need a steel toe or not. They're not the best for walking a lot - in that situation I wear my Red Wing 608s or my new(er) Throrogoods. Thorogood makes one helluva boot and I recommend them highly.

You'll only find American made boots on my feet.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Right now, slippers.
The last 2 days - athletic socks and custom boots.
Most days - athletic socks and custom work boots.
Got to go custom, as no one makes a cowboy boot my size, commercially.
In New Balance shoes, I wear a 10 EEEE. smile
Jeebus Mark. You've got some mighty fat feet.
Posted By: Morewood Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Sketcher boat shoes over ankle socks. Comfortable, and I like the soft soles. Sneak around like an Indian instead of clomping down the hallway in work boots.
Posted By: Redneck Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20

Birkenstocks

WHAT?? No Crocs??? Heathen!!!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Georgia Giants twin gore. It's like a a refined Romeo IMO. Discovered them a few years ago and dang they last great compared to anything else I can stand which means slip on, and fairly weather resistant with traction. No toe pinch. I don't even have to wear wides in these. Goodyear welt construction. Import but not China.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Was looking for a new pair of sneakers and got recommended Hoka One One Bondi 6. Never heard of them. They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn in my life. Not cheap, but..
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
My French name is Filipe Floppy.
Posted By: Lonerider Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Corns, Bunions, Athletes foot and fallen arches
Posted By: wabigoon Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Now, Double H ropers.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Was looking for a new pair of sneakers and got recommended Hoka One One Bondi 6. Never heard of them. They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn in my life. Not cheap, but..

I won't be patronizing Hoka: This is the first thing I saw when I went to the Hoka website:

Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20

I won't be patronizing Hoka: This is the first thing I saw when I went to the Hoka website:

Ohhh chit!
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20

Birkenstocks

LMAO!

yea yea yea..........

born in '52.........

fuggin A..........

Posted By: River_Ridge Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20
Merrell Moabs
Posted By: local_dirt Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/12/20

I'm not surprised.

Many American corporations are a bunch of ass lickers.

I haven't thought much of American corporations for decades.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Toefoo - need some of that medicated ointment.

Actually some old insulated once waterproof Columbia slip ons I got on sale from Cabella's. Should have been tossed years ago but they are so damned comfortable and I'mold enough not to care here in rural SD.

Actually I just like to make fun of that organic rubber made from soybeans.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Merrell Moabs

Those are great shoes. I've got two pairs, low and half.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
In the house I'm usually wearing Okabashi Eurosports. Good arch support and can be worn with socks on...yeah, I do that. Allows me to keep my boots in the garage so I don't track stuff in the house. I never wear these "out", but at home I love them.

https://www.okabashi.com/products/eurosport
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Usually thongs or bare feet
Posted By: JGRaider Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
New Balance with light cotton socks. Can't do flip flops or crocs.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Again, nothing, just pulled up three rows of carrots, piled em in a big yard buggy and dumped on back porch, set up table with fan, water hose, bug spray, bug candles and hauled ass, Wife, her sisters, my sister and Mom are going to can carrots today, I'm chilling with cuffs rolled up again with an ice cold Samuel Smith Imperial Stout at my right hand!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
In the house I'm usually wearing Okabashi Eurosports. Good arch support and can be worn with socks on...yeah, I do that. Allows me to keep my boots in the garage so I don't track stuff in the house. I never wear these "out", but at home I love them.

https://www.okabashi.com/products/eurosport

Them's might'purdy!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: kennyd Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Big 5 Denali loafers. Add a plantar fasciitis insole. Easy on and off. 4 pairs right now, new in reserve, Sunday, everyday, paint chores.
Posted By: smarquez Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Are those prescription geezer sandals or OTC Dr. Scholl comfort walkers?
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20

A few years ago there was a discount outlet for Danner boots, and I bought a pair similar to the boots Roger has linked to. Can someone tell me the logic in those vertical eyelets the laces run through at the top? There are a big PITA to tighten up the laces. Am I missing something?
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
8” Danner Crafter composite toe. Over 3 years now still great. One or two insole replacements.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Merrell hikers, size 14EE. You know what they say about guys with big feet...

...they wear big socks too.
Posted By: old70 Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Mostly dirt right now, nice weather I often go barefoot.

Old70
Posted By: bobinpa Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/13/20
Originally Posted by Pat85
A pair of Nicks boots and Thorlo socks.

Never heard of Thorlo socks until I saw your post. How well do they stay up?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/14/20
A lot of the time it depends on whether or not the neighbors' dog has been in my yard.
Posted By: fester Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/14/20
Georgia hammer are gladly off my feet now

Most comfortable shoe I have ever worn.......

No sarcasm.... I should and would wear them at the gym
Posted By: lvmiker Re: What's On your Feet? - 06/14/20
Crocs are awesome when the serious stuff is done and it's time to unlax. Like a pizza at Dornan's after a long day in the Tetons w/ several cold draft beers. Shoes/boots are integral to maximizing your potential for fun.

mike r
© 24hourcampfire