Home
Posted By: Whelenman Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
What to you guys think about those? I thinking about a used truck, with a V8 Hemi, but the biodiesel have a good price. Are they worth it, how about towing?
Posted By: Dutch Re: Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
ecodiesel, I presume?
Posted By: dukxdog Re: Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
I just bought a 2020 EcoDiesel. Really like the truck. Tows a boat well. Good fuel economy. Comfortable ride.
Posted By: driggy Re: Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
I know some of the early ones had issues with the cams slipping and screwing up the engines. If I remember right, they did not have keys where they are fitted together and were only pressure fitted. I know that a lot of them had to be fixed. As long as you get a good warranty, it may be good deal. If it has over 30k-50k miles, it most likely is a good one, as it should have screwed up by now. If you are looking at a low mileage one, I'd double check to see what years were the problem ones.
Posted By: driggy Re: Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
Also last winter, my brother was in a ram dealership for maintenance on his jeep and noticed several were in the maintenance bay. I guess the service rep told him these new DEF diesels have a hard time starting in really cold temps. He lives in the Fargo area.
Posted By: Billc Re: Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
Brother in law has one. He is on his 3rd engine. Warranty was extended each time. But he also had the red tape fight on each blown engine to get it replaced. I'd go with the Cummins in the 3/4 ton.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
The 2020 EcoDiesel is a very different engine from the earlier version.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
I have a 2016 which I bought new. 64 K miles on it now. So far, I really like it. Great mileage, nice ride. A sensor and the cruise switch were changed when it was under warranty. Other than that, no problems. I don't tow much, but routinely haul a 1/2 cord of firewood or an ATV and sprayer with 50 gallons of water.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Ram V-6 biodiesel - 06/15/20
For what it's worth - hearsay - talking with local garage owner, said his son works at dodge/ram dealer, son said they had 11 pickups in last couple of months for ecodiesel replacement.
© 24hourcampfire