Home
Posted By: RAS Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
All:

A friend of mine told me that 14 Milwaukee police officers quit today with more coming tomorrow.

Who is going to work in these sub human ghettos? You couldn’t pay me enough to be an LEO that has to watch people throw bricks at me. Actually, I wouldn’t be an LEO anywhere where I wasn’t 110% convinced that the local politicians had my back. There are far too many places that don’t.

There should be a class action lawsuit by cops nationwide.
I visited with a member of the local PD last week at the range. I suspect he won't be with the department for much longer.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...ement-personal-info-being-spread-online/
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

A friend of mine told me that 14 Milwaukee police officers quit today with more coming tomorrow.

Who is going to work in these sub human ghettos? You couldn’t pay me enough to be an LEO that has to watch people throw bricks at me. Actually, I wouldn’t be an LEO anywhere where I wasn’t 110% convinced that the local politicians had my back. There are far too many places that don’t.

You nailed it. The politicians are the problem. They need to go.
Without cops; people going to have to walk, because roads will be full of protesters grin grin grin grin grin

You might get through if you pay enough
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Just use the "hard currency speed pay" method- - - - -copper and lead at supersonic velocity.
How long until a cop goes postal and shoots about 50 of the scum? I keep watching for a you tube video, but no luck yet.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

You nailed it. The politicians are the problem. They need to go.

A statue of Thomas Jefferson, the United States’ third president and author of the Declaration of Independence, was defaced and torn down on Sunday evening outside a high school in Portland, Oregon.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...tatue-torn-down-at-portland-high-school/
Posted By: TomT Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
NYC, 2 weeks after disbanding the NYPD, and opening the the prison doors @ Rikers!

Brought to you by the Democratic Party, and Libretards everywhere:

https://youtu.be/NDwgIBVkU7g
Posted By: AKduck Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
No, but we aren’t in a riot friendly environment.
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

Wife mentioned this am that another 15 or so MPLS officers decided to switch careers... IMHO, this is just the beginning... The dumphuqs in charge (Mayor/Council members etc) are gonna realize real soon how stupid their decisions to NOT back the cops in preventing crimes..
Posted By: viking Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
I got a Tweet earlier today that 3-4 DEA agents in Manhattan had been poisoned at an eatery. I guess they are okay now.
no. out here they have it made. work 10-15 years dealing with whitebread and manage to get a "bad back" so they can sue the township, go on disability for the rest of their lives and soak the taxpayers. pretty cushy gig out here in honky land.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by rem141r
no. out here they have it made. work 10-15 years dealing with whitebread and manage to get a "bad back" so they can sue the township, go on disability for the rest of their lives and soak the taxpayers. pretty cushy gig out here in honky land.

I don't know how prevalent that may be, might depend on the state.

In the state where I used to live they have a heart/lung provision in the law that says that any heart or lung problem developed by a police officer or firefighter is presumed to be job related. Can be overweight, sedentary, heavy smoker, doesn't matter. Of course riding in a patrol car, eating on the run, is sedentary and inherently unhealthy. I anticipate that there will be a bunch of stress related disability claims coming down the road, mostly legitimate. Since stress is so ambiguous, it'll be a real challenge to sort them all out. Can't blame LEOs for going the disability route.

Paul
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Or go fast enough.........
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

Yep, I'd only keep working as a cop (if that was what I was) if I felt assured that the objective, coming from my superiors, was to crush the movement that's behind the riots, and to crush the riots, followed by harsh prosecution of every instance of rioting, looting, arson, mayhem, etc.. with the full support of the chief, mayor, etc..
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by TomT
NYC, 2 weeks after disbanding the NYPD, and opening the the prison doors @ Rikers!

Brought to you by the Democratic Party, and Libretards everywhere:

https://youtu.be/NDwgIBVkU7g
Didn't Hugo Chavez do something similar right before an election?
Posted By: hanco Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
Not yet, couldn’t blame them!
I do see the risk associated with poor management.

Although compared to an employee of a defined retirement benefit career most of the management (politicians) are short timers...

But if the Mayor of your city does not have your back how long will you watch hers?

I am not talking about "take one for the team" I am talking about political leadership wholesale undermining of the blue line....
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
How long would you stay in a job if you knew that doing it meant you would spend time in prison?
Posted By: KFWA Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
I can't imagine there won't be a sizeable number walking away from this
Posted By: Quak Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
I said the same thing the other day...what keeps these guys coming into work?
Originally Posted by Quak
I said the same thing the other day...what keeps these guys coming into work?

I think a lot of them hope to tough it out 'til they get their pensions. If they quit now, what could they do? Probably start over as a cop in a less dangerous area.

Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

Wife mentioned this am that another 15 or so MPLS officers decided to switch careers... IMHO, this is just the beginning... The dumphuqs in charge (Mayor/Council members etc) are gonna realize real soon how stupid their decisions to NOT back the cops in preventing crimes..

The number of Minneapolis officers announcing retirement this month is on par with the norm. 7 out of 800+? Is not a large number. It also does not mean they are retiring at the end of this month as there are incentives for announcing retirement at an early date. The end of June is often the most beneficial time to retire so it sees a few more retires than the other months.

What would be more telling is the ages and years of service of those announcing. There is a 5% penalty in the pension paid out for every year less than 55 one is. So, a person retiring at 50 years of age (the youngest one could collect) would undergo a 25% penalty in their pension. That is a pretty steep reduction and one needs to be in a pretty good financial position to live off this.

The 15 officers claiming to leave for other careers or other jurisdictions is about double the norm but again, not a telling indicator on its own. This compared to officers transferring in to the department would be more meaningful as transfers into the department typically match or very slightly exceed those leaving for other places.

It would also be interesting to note how many of those leaving the department are doing so to take a higher position someplace else. It is not uncommon for lower level command staff to leave for a higher position elsewhere to advance their careers. This is often kept pretty close to the vest as it can create problems at the department.

A single month of these numbers isn't too concerning on its own. What will be telling is if this continues or increases and, more importantly, if there are enough replacements to equalize the loss. There hasn't been enough time to set even a short term trend. A couple more months and then one can start making predictions.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Are LEOs quitting near you? - 06/16/20
I said it in another place about the cops walking out in Minneapolis. I would bet my last dollar they are going to have badges in another town by the end of the month at the most. If you were young and only had a few years in why take the beating. Move on to a place your appreciated before theres a ton of competition. I'd even bet they walked out the door with letters of recommendation from their superiors.I told this story before but my neighbor growing up was the night shift Sgt for the local PD. He was a cop in KC for 15 years and said he couldn't take the constant rape,violence and murder every single night. Told me he sent resumes to like 100 small/medium sized towns all over the country (this was before the internet haha). My town offered him a Sgt. position immediately due to his experience and he had a 4 year degree. He ended up retiring as the Asst Chief and Detective for the city. They wanted him to be the Chief but he had been a cop for 35+ years at that point and was ready to retire and relax.
They should go on strike! Once the homeboys knew about it, the strike would last about 2 days!
© 24hourcampfire