Home
Don't worry about me if you don't see nor hear from me on the fire for a good long while. All this Bolshevik madness is driving me up the wall. It is affecting my marriage, and my kids tell me I need to go cold turkey on current events. Just relax. I'm going to boycott the fire, all news sources, and Rush Limbaugh until after the elections. Also, no MLB, NBA or NFL. See you in November.
Good idea and good luck!
Hey....before you go...

Been meaning to ask how your Covid turned out?
Well, if you get the shakes or DTs real bad, you know where to turn.

We can hook ya up, real fine like.
You’re headed for the bottle, Okie !!

This whole sensory overload has an intended purpose and it’ll work on many.
Dude, don't do wild turkey.

So many better bourbons out there !!

grin
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Dude, don't do wild turkey.

So many better bourbons out there !!

grin

Fighting Cock 103 certainly beats it in the bang for the buck category.
Well closing your eyes has always been the best way to make reality go away. 😜
AND

EXCEPT for the "Fire" your life will be better for it!
The lions will eat him while his head is buried.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Don't worry about me if you don't see nor hear from me on the fire for a good long while. All this Bolshevik madness is driving me up the wall. It is affecting my marriage, and my kids tell me I need to go cold turkey on current events. Just relax. I'm going to boycott the fire, all news sources, and Rush Limbaugh until after the elections. Also, no MLB, NBA or NFL. See you in November.

Been there. Done that. You reach a point where you just need to block it all out for a while. Enjoy your break.
Nothing like concentricity to distract you from the world.

Shoot some tight groups for me...
I have really backed of the news as of late.
I do enjoy the Five,but after that it's music,a little local in the morning for the weather.
Can't boycott the Fire,just surf the threads....
What Rong said is right.
I propose a new rule.

Anybody that leaves the 24 Hour Campfire has to take a commie with them.

This place has gotten lousy with commies, lately.
Good idea, Orange Oakie, take a five month break from this insanity. See you in November.
I’m going cold turkey for a good long while to regain my sanity.
[Linked Image from i357.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from i357.photobucket.com]I just get high.
My BP hit 170/90 over the weekend. Gonna join ya for a bit of a hiatus.
I haven’t watched the news for several, many, weeks , other than during the ‘fire and occasionally googling the topics. I’m getting ready to do like antlers and head up high in Colorado’s mountains with a pack and fly rod.
Nothing can bother you up there , going to get my mind right.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I propose a new rule.

Anybody that leaves the 24 Hour Campfire has to take a commie with them.

This place has gotten lousy with commies, lately.

Amen
Wife tells me I'd be a happier person if I just quite reading the news and spent more time looking at nature... children's faces.... she is really big into flowers..... she is right. I can quit news anytime I want to though.... apparently I don't seem to want to for very long at a time though.....

There are a bunch of wild flowers up in the woods now.... I really do need to take some pictures....
Good luck on your journey to serenity.... Don't forget to come down out of the hills (or clouds) to vote!

Get some range time. Take the kids.

It will be good for you.
It is very aggrevating. Just imagine if you got trolled incessently too.
I am close to similar and thankful I am holed up in the mountains of north Idaho. My antenna gets about six channels here and four are PBS'ish. Catching up on Coach and Barney Miller though... I head into town every few days. Certainly moving to less work of the politics of late. Been colder and wetter than normal in the two weeks we have been here but should be sunny and 75 or so come Friday. Next month a three day float trip fly fishing the Kootenay in Montana. Nice slowly tuning out the news.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Well closing your eyes has always been the best way to make reality go away. 😜

Well, that and the ignore button...😬😎
Good luck.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Wait, who's this thread about? cool
"News" only comes along every 6 weeks or so, and lasts for months. It's just a repetitious repetition of repeatedly being repetitious.

Did I get that right, Yogi?
I'm back, rested and rejuvenated. Thanks for all the positive encouragement and sharing of personal experiences.
you are defaulting on your duty to vote? People who do that deserve to lose their rights. I've never owned a TV set. I"ve lived for a year or so with women who did. I dont want the propaganda. YT is much more entertaining and educational. I couldn't care less if all the tv creators go tits up and they probably will, very soon now.
I quit smoking cold turkey, now i do hams and brisket.

Just saw this and can relate. My wife does not want to watch any news right now, even Fox.

As for me, while I quit watching the NBA decades ago and have never really watched MLB, the NFL is now nada mas.
I'm back, rested and rejuvenated.
Welcome back. Hope things are better for ya’ from here on out...especially with your wife and kids.
Smoke some pot. It’ll chill you out!
Welcome back. It's good to turn off excessive B.S. for awhile. I still watch Fox news but none of the other MSM and I feel better for doing so. Started boycotting the NFL in 2012 and it's one of the best things I ever did. Don't miss it a bit; in fact, I enjoy not having that left wing political circus rammed down my throat 7 days a week in season. Screw 'em all.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

#RoyLovesPlayingVictim

I can relate to this but the fire is the place I get almost all my news.....it's far better than the mass media!
We are hitting the road for a month the 19th of Oct. Audio books during the drive and music at night, no TV.

However I will tune in to the Campfire to keep up w/ the continuing saga of firebalz.

Hopefully someone in Wyoming will tell me that DJT won the electiongrin

mike r
© 24hourcampfire