Home
I just got an email from some Dumass organization promoting that.
Originally Posted by hanco
I just got an email from some Dumass organization promoting that.

Worked for MLK holiday.
That's my son's birthday. Aside from that, what's the meaning of June 19th?
JamesJr

It’s actually a Texas deal. When General Granger landed at Galveston and issued he general order stating the slaves in Texas were free. Thats the cliff note version. June 19, 1865
Freeing slaves is actually a pretty momentous occasion in our nation's history.

To make it a national holiday makes sense to me.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Freeing slaves is actually a pretty momentous occasion in our nation's history.

To make it a national holiday makes sense to me.

The Second American Revolution.

Agreed.
If they get Junetenth then I demand Festivus.

I've been building up a list of grievances to air...
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
If they get Junetenth then I demand Festivus.

I've been building up a list of grievances to air...

Ain't got an aluminum pole big enough!
As long as they don't drop Columbus Day or Thanksgiving.
But isn’t that just keeping the memory of slavery alive? I thought we were trying to erase the stigma of that awful event - hence getting rid of Confederate statues. Can’t wait for all the MLK street signs to come down.
If we are to celebrate the elimination of slavery, how about making a holiday out of the day the Emancipation Proclamation took effect - January 1st. Nobody's using that, so why not?
If we are to celebrate the elimination of slavery, how about making a holiday out of the day the Emancipation Proclamation took effect - January 1st. Nobody's using that, so why not?

Because while the EP made the civil war into a war about slavery, it did not actually free a single slave.
Stupid fuggin governor announced today it's gonna be a paid state holiday in Virginia. Some stupid rapper was standing with him at the conference. Guy dresses up in blackface with a klansman and gets by with it. Fuggin hypocrite rapper standing there like he was next to MLK. If it was a Republican they'd have ran him out on a rail.

Wish that [bleep] would get lead poisoning.
Trump should issue an executive order making it a national holiday.

Would be worth it for the reaction from the left.
I seriously wonder what all the other minorities think....there's 3x more Hispanics in our area, none are screaming for Cinco de Mayo to be a paid state holiday.

None are getting special treatment, just working hard every day and raising their families, most with a father in the home. I'm sick and [bleep] tired of the national pity party and the pandering.
Would Cinco de Mayo be similar to this June thing?

Why do they call it June......what ever?
Seems like it might be more logical and supportive to wait until the percentage of blacks killed by blacks drops from the 90%+ range down to something much lower - maybe 50% or so - and then declare a black lives matter day.
Originally Posted by CCCC
Seems like it might be more logical and supportive to wait until the percentage of blacks killed by blacks drops from the 90%+ range down to something much lower - maybe 50% or so - and then declare a black lives matter day.

No one gives a [bleep] about black lives, which is clearly evident by the zero attention being brought by the black community or white liberal snowflakes to the real threat. Black on black violence. If you're dying of a bullet wound you don't go to the Dr. About a tooth ache. Get [bleep] real. I absolutely despise cry babies making excuses for their problems. Take some responsibility and pull yourself up by your bootstraps or [bleep] off.
Let's make Juneteenth a holiday. And every White person in America, has to go out on the street, find a Negro, and kneel down, and give the Negro a Hundred Dollar Bill.
That will assuage our White Guilt, about our White Priveledge.
If slavery has been made illegal nobody told my wife.
National Negro unemployment day.
Bring back George Washington's Birthday. For gawd's sake, they already have Marchin Looter Koon Day...
It’s been a state holiday here for quite a while.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
As long as they don't drop Columbus Day or Thanksgiving.

Lost Italian Sailor Day!!!
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I seriously wonder what all the other minorities think....there's 3x more Hispanics in our area, none are screaming for Cinco de Mayo to be a paid state holiday.

None are getting special treatment, just working hard every day and raising their families, most with a father in the home. I'm sick and [bleep] tired of the national pity party and the pandering.

What?

Cinco is a Mexican holiday. 6/19 is an American thing.

What?

Said this all along.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Lol.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

What?

Said this all along.

It sorta seems like a big deal??? Yeah?
I dont like the name though......
I have been in Idaho on MLK day and Cinco de Mayo, absolutely no indication of a holiday except for more gringos in the restaurants. I like Idaho.

mike r
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I agree. It's a bit to ebonic"ey".

It’s ebonics befo dey was called ebonics, Jim.

I remember when I was a kid, you wasn’t allowed to have watermelon until after Juneteenth. Seriously!!!!

All the old timers swore they wasn’t any good until after Juneteenth!
It was announced in Galveston Texas almost 2 1/2 years after Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation. The EP was signed in January 1863 and the word got to Texas on June 1865. Two year old news was still celebrated.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

+1, lol
Kinda hard to celebrate something as a holiday if they want to erase all history of it, or the events leading up to it.

While they are destroying historical monuments, you think they;ll burn the Emancipation Proclamation too?

We'd better keep a close eye on our tractors... Those silly machines may want to cause a revolution in 200 years or so.

I remember when I was a kid, you wasn’t allowed to have watermelon until after Juneteenth. Seriously!!!!

Post your classic Watermelon photo Bob. Please 🤠
Dey jus wanna get some mo free stuff.
I'll only agree if they make Festivus one, too!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

This one?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Potland just made it a paid holiday for city employees.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/202...h-a-paid-holiday-day-of-remembrance.html
Hey, I like the idea and would like a couple more in August please.
I'm all for it.

Only white people go to work that day, anyway.
D-day, VE Day, V in the Pacific day,

What else?
Here in my part of the world, August 8 has always been celebrated as [bleep] Day, or as they call it. 'Mancipation Day. There was a Negro church that was next to the place that I grew up on, and every year they would have a big celebration. It would start on the evening of the 7th, with the fire started for the barbeque that would be cooked overnight, usually sheep and hog. If the wind was right, we could smell the meat cooking. Then there would be a huge crowd on the 8th, and they'd party all day.

It was like that in every small town around here, and I guess in the larger ones as well. Every few years, there would be a Negro stabbed or shot during the celebration, as drinking and gambling were also a part of the celebrations...........even on the church grounds. I haven't seen an August 8 celebration in years locally, not in a good many years.

I'd never heard of them celebrating June 19 until now. Guess it's true, you learn something every day.
I'm so tired of all this bull crap.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
I'm so tired of all this bull crap.

Black fatigue
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

This one?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yep! Always makes me laugh out loud!!! 😁
Hanco: Yeah..... rrriiiggghhhttt.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
It's pretty f-ed up to think that the end of slavery should not be celebrated.
It's important. Slavery was wrong and ending it should be celebrated.
Not a black and white thing, it's a moral thing.

This.
Originally Posted by ringworm

Waiting for the argument against this.
Hahaha!

Uhhh........

I don't recall a holiday when the Romans or Greeks ended slavery.

But, that was White slaves, and White Lives don't matter.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Lol.

My wife reminds me on a daily basis... smile
Originally Posted by JamesJr

That's a stretch...
But whatever helps you sleep at night.
If you can't see the position of 15% of the population then your probably not fixable as a human being.
Waiting for the argument against this.

I'll Play. Since it seem that the ones most affected by this, has the idea that a celebration should include rioting and looting, then burning things down. I don't see a need for this Holiday. miles

That's a stretch...
If you can't see the position of 15% of the population then your probably not fixable as a human being.

By 15% I assume you mean the entire population in the US correct ? While making it a holiday covers the entire race I feel like many don't even know what it is or even care. That would have been an issue the magic negro could have easily gotten passed in his 8 years yet I don't recall it ever getting any attention. That's the equivalent of saying every white skinned person in the US is watching and caring if it IS made into a holiday. Most will be like woo hoo another day off or it will be the first they heard of it. I thought the goal of all this unrest was to bring us together yet we keep wanting to alter or rub out stuff that will just drive us apart.

That's a stretch...

So, you're saying that 15% of the current population are former slaves, and should be honored?
....on Earth, as it is in Texas.
Why isn't August 18th a national holiday too? That covers a lot more people in this nation. We could keep going and going, or everyone could just get their ass back to work, and worry about themselves and their family.
Slavery continues here, its the welfare/entitlement mindset.

Give em another holiday, should keep em shackled and happy another decade or two.
Originally Posted by hookeye

Give em another holiday, should keep em shackled and happy another decade or two.

Since the 1960's, this country has spent billions of the taxpayer dollars on the Negroes, in addition to all the things such as lowering the college admission standards for them, preferential treatment in hiring practices, non discrimination housing, and etc., etc.. Has it really done anything to help them achieve "equality" with the White race?

You can make EVERY day a national Negro Holiday, complete with all the freebies that go with it, but until they learn to throw away the crutches and make it on their own, they will continue to be a second class citizen of this country.

200 or so years go, they were enslaved against their will and brought to this country, but today they are slaves of their own making, willingly doing absolutely nothing to help their plight. The only thing they know to do is to demand that the White man give them more.
Sure, June 31'st
Originally Posted by hookeye

Since the 1960's, this country has spent billions of the taxpayer dollars on the Negroes, in addition to all the things such as lowering the college admission standards for them, preferential treatment in hiring practices, non discrimination housing, and etc., etc.. Has it really done anything to help them achieve "equality" with the White race?

You can make EVERY day a national Negro Holiday, complete with all the freebies that go with it, but until they learn to throw away the crutches and make it on their own, they will continue to be a second class citizen of this country.

200 or so years go, they were enslaved against their will and brought to this country, but today they are slaves of their own making, willingly doing absolutely nothing to help their plight. The only thing they know to do is to demand that the White man give them more.

The obvious situation is, blacks don't value the order that typically exists in white society. It's not their world. They're unable and unwilling to function in western, white society.

I thought this passage from the article hit the nail on the head.

https://www.unz.com/article/maybe-we-should-de-fund-the-police/

Blacks and non-blacks just diverge on “quality of life.” To most middle-class whites, poor black neighborhoods are “plagued” by trash, gang graffiti, public intoxication, open petty drug-dealing, tricked-out cars drag racing on city streets, feral hookers, drunks sleeping it off on park benches, extensive loitering, people socializing with drivers in cars stopped in the middle of the road, food vendors without department of health certificate, irritating loud music, all behaviors technically unlawful but “normal” in these settings. A general ambiance that may be marginally legal but nevertheless irritates middle-class whites: dilapidated stores with garish signs, auto repair shops expropriating public sidewalks to park customer’s cars, venders hawking cheap made-in-China crap, over-grown trash-filled empty lots and abandoned cars peacefully at rest. Tellingly, efforts to clean up such “disorder” are futile—like weeds, conditions return almost immediately, and locals hardly seem bothered by the reemergence.
who gives a da--mn another pos like kwansa. another made up BS holiday.
All it will be is another paid vacation day for divil service loafers. Private enterprise will ignore it, just like we ignore MLK day.
It's good they have it, because there are very few blacks that can celebrate Father's Day this weekend.
Old Wolfe gave the pa state workers the day off paid for juneteenth.
They put more energy and focus on their next meal or screw.

Seriously.

Eatin and fuggin.

The gals w 5 kids will lose their chit if their Subway sandwich has 8 pickle slices instead of the 7 they asked for.

Lose their mind loud ass rude screaming.....over a slice of pickle.

More effort on a friggin sandwich, than selecting rhe genetic donor of their child.

Animals.
I know some black people of western mindset, good folks that had moms and dads married, worked and went to get further education.

Normal people.

Shame they are not the majority.

I think too many are NOT of western mind.
Is it environmental or genetic?

Tribal and violent, short sighted. Not builders for they see no future. Its live for today only. And within that, they dont give a damn about tearing things down.

That right there would be genius. The Left wouldn't know if they wanted to [bleep] or go blind. grin
Slavery didn't end after the civil war. It just switched who was forced to work for the benefit of others.

Celebrated... maybe. A paid holiday... GMAFB
© 24hourcampfire