Home
Posted By: 284LUVR Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Just exercising their 1st & 2nd amendment rights.

Up the road from me a piece. Things fixin' to get real around here.

Haha

https://www.theintermountain.com/news/local-news/2020/06/armed-anti-protesters/
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
BLM officials must have given all of their members an IQ test to find which ones were dumb enough to take that schitt into Appalachia.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Looks like the WV34MM saved everyone lots of grief.
"Dat's right,.....we be sendin' y'all in to liberate Elkin, West Virginia. Don't be skeered, now...sang along,...~~~Mountain mama,...takes me hoooooome~~~"
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
These protestors are a cancer.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by Bristoe
BLM officials must have given all of their members an IQ test to find which ones were dumb enough to take that schitt into Appalachia.

Generally speaking my neighbors aren't prejudiced at all. Just don't give a damn who they kill.

There's some scary dudes back here in the hills.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
“We absolutely discourage that,” Bennett said Monday. “It is imperative to allow police to do their jobs.”

The problem is that, in some places, the police are not (or are not permitted to) doing their jobs.
Like those anti-protestors - I respect the right to PEACEFULLY protest - but, violence breeds (sometimes necessary) violence.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Supposed to be a March near us tomorrow in Elkton VA. at 6:00pm. Probably the worst place anyone could choose to [bleep] up. I'm not on Facebook but according to a lot of people I talked too today,there's a lot of crazy [bleep] going around. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of armed pissed off white guys that are sick of being blamed for all the world's woes.
The MSM and politicians fanning the flames have no idea what kind of powder keg they could set off. Between the attack on our 2A rights here in Va, the pandemic lockdown, economic stress and the anti-democracy [bleep] tearing the country apart, a lot of us have been pushed as far as we're going to be pushed. Now it's time to push back. Hard.
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Generally speaking my neighbors aren't prejudiced at all.

It's not prejudiced,....it's postjudiced.

Everybody has had plenty of time to form an opinion, these days.

Exactly. Prejudice doesn't come into the equation. I've had enough of working 70hrs a week,paying crazy taxes and having a bunch of deadbeat pricks telling me I need to apologize for something. [bleep] that. They want an apology, come and get it.

Generally speaking my neighbors aren't prejudiced at all. Just don't give a damn who they kill.

There's some scary dudes back here in the hills.

Appalachia ain't Seattle.
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Exactly. Prejudice doesn't come into the equation. I've had enough of working 70hrs a week,paying crazy taxes and having a bunch of deadbeat pricks telling me I need to apologize for something. [bleep] that. They want an apology, come and get it.

You're not alone. The big question is, what are you personally willing to risk?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Supposed to be a March near us tomorrow in Elkton VA. at 6:00pm. Probably the worst place anyone could choose to [bleep] up. I'm not on Facebook but according to a lot of people I talked too today,there's a lot of crazy [bleep] going around. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of armed pissed off white guys that are sick of being blamed for all the world's woes.
The MSM and politicians fanning the flames have no idea what kind of powder keg they could set off. Between the attack on our 2A rights here in Va, the pandemic lockdown, economic stress and the anti-democracy [bleep] tearing the country apart, a lot of us have been pushed as far as we're going to be pushed. Now it's time to push back. Hard.

Knock the hell outta somebody for the rest of us far away. We shall do the same when those jerk wads come to our neck of the woods. Everybody should participate when they plan one in your quiet town. They are just cracking open pandora’s box. Theres a lot of pissed off, fed up rednecks waiting.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
If I go to a peaceful protest, I will be ready to stand in there, take the heat, and stand up for what I believe. . I wont be looking for trouble, but I will damn sure be ready to protect myself and my friends.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
There were some protestors here in the last two weeks.
A couple times, maybe 10 people with signs.
The way it should be done in America.

The first just popped up.
The second was planned. And we didn't know who was coming.

There were...people around, some may have been armed.
Nothing overt, just self protection.

Our post office faces the town square.
We have our honor roll there, and several memorials, including
a Vietnam Memorial. Sponsored by our VVA chapter.
Those guy never got much, and they take that, and The Wall seriously.

There were a number of old men sitting on the benches around that
little area when the protesters were around.

If they had tried to get there, those old men may have been willing
to show the protesters what serious violence looks like.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
I've been to snowshoe, and surrounding areas a good bit up until 2012....lotta fine hardworking red blooded american Christian folks up there....

Judging from the demographics at that time, it would in my opinion, have to be one of the last places on the BLM radar.......

I just cant fathom why that area would be a consideration.

Blacks were few and far between, .....they do have a healthy native american base.

Maybe I cant see past my own racistness.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2

They're also pretty stupid too, because just like the kneeling crap in the NFL, they're creating a lot of resentment, and actually setting their "cause" back years.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Elkins is near where I was raised for the first 10 years of my life.. I was married there, my wife is buried in Little Arlington cemetery and I will be as soon as I die.. It never was a good place for Blacks to live. they may get more than they bargained for there. Elkins WV is not Elkton VA.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
I've had enough of working 70hrs a week,paying crazy taxes and having a bunch of deadbeat pricks telling me I need to apologize for something. [bleep] that. They want an apology, come and get it.

LOL some people think that if their skin was a different color, life would be rainbows, lollipops and unicorns.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Unlike too many places that have been domesticated and trusting the powers that shouldn't be, some of the WV communities get the job done of truly serving and protecting. Elkins has a few good men that still have balls.

Surprisingly, The politicians this year even invited that state to the East to join them against their evil choice of a g Northam. So brave their leader that he goes around Killin babies. The gun "Rights" guys have my respect, but why on Earth do they put up with the criminals? VA never wanted anything to do with West Virginia before, so let em fix their own problems.

There's a reason West Virginia Moto is MOUNTAINEERS ARE ALWAYS FREE!

Hopefully, NO prayerfully and standing by God's Word, against the marxists atheist blm and like minded wimps, it will stay that way.

Posted By: Seafire Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20

You're not alone. The big question is, what are you personally willing to risk?

Well Roy, that is where I am from and my roots have been from for gong on 400 + years.. since 1607....

most of rural WVa... think of each of these little towns as a Cave Junction with patriotic rednecks, instead of drug using, dope growing old hippies.....a lot of rural WVa doesn't necessarily have any Police Force to speak of...I know that in the home county of my parents and grand parent... people have been found dead, having been shot in the back half a dozen times... everyone knows what their crimes against society is.... so their deaths are ruled as suicides....30 years ago the county attorney turned out to be a pedophile....he never was formerly charged.... he decided to commit suicide shooting himself 8 to 10 times in the back with a 30/06...
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Event organizer Ty Flynn , a 19-year-old Elkins resident, said Monday he wanted to thank local law enforcement officers for their efforts in keeping Elkins safe on Sunday.

Wait What!

You are organizing a protest, riot, aimed at your hatred for the Police and now you want to thank them for doing a good job???
Posted By: Rooterpig Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Moms a hillbilly from WV. Super people up in those mountains.
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
I was greatly reassured and it was as if a millstone were lifted from my neck when I read that Obama has written an essay to shed light and quell all this chicanery! How comforting for me as I peruse the internet for cheap ammo sources. It will be so nice that things can now get back to normal from all the divisiveness authored by that bad Orange Man!
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Unfortunately it's not the will of good men doing what is necessary that is of worry in many places. It's the state governments and media letting rioters go on with impunity while arresting upstanding citizens for defending what is theirs.

Burn 10 business and shoot a few cops, get a village named in your honor. Shot 2 guys out of a group of 10 that are pounding the living crap out of you with a skateboard, you go to jail for 20 years.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
when I was a kid the people of elkton va wouldn't allow a black to live in there town. if one moved in he was run out .
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Maybe the rioters heard banjo music playing . . .
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Again, the Second Amendment appears to be Antifa's kryptonite...
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Posted By: Ejp1234 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Again, the Second Amendment appears to be Antifa's kryptonite...

Lmao...

Antifa? Its a 19yo freshmen in college from Elkins lol...

You ole’ timers....
Posted By: sactoller Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I've had enough of working 70hrs a week,paying crazy taxes and having a bunch of deadbeat pricks telling me I need to apologize for something. [bleep] that. They want an apology, come and get it.

LOL some people think that if their skin was a different color, life would be rainbows, lollipops and unicorns.

You forgot cotton candy clouds!
Posted By: BobMt Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20

they are....but blm and Antifa are not the problem.....the mayors...city counsel.....on up to the senators….etc...they condone and encourage this behavior......bob
Posted By: KFWA Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
we're going to protest the police, but we've asked the police to protect us

but to be honest, that doesn't really sound like Antifa. Sounds like a bunch of idealistic younger kids who are caught up in the moment.
Posted By: 405wcf Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of armed pissed off white guys that are sick of being blamed for all the world's woes.

The left is woefully unaware of history. From the Whiskey Rebellion to the WV Coal Mine War the people of Appalachia have a strong independent streak and do not take well to being pushed around.
Posted By: efw Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by KFWA

but to be honest, that doesn't really sound like Antifa. Sounds like a bunch of idealistic younger kids who are caught up in the moment.

Yep that was my thought as well.

This is the problem with the authorities and the marchers refusing to differentiate between peaceful protestors and violent thugs is it means all protestors have to be treated as thugs.

I personally have no problem with anyone saying anything whether I agree or not as long as they’re peaceful and not practicing nor inciting violence.

By refusing to differentiate and to cooperate with authorities in arranging march routes and such (which happened here in my home) they’re creating a self fulfilling prophecy. Hey say they’re disenfranchised but they’re not; they’re doing it to themselves but refuse to recognize that.

This is all such a mess. Barak was a symptom of the problem but he sure fanned the flames.

Good on these guys for guarding their town and making clear that they weren’t opposed to peaceful protest but to destruction of property. They did a great job IMHO.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by KFWA

Yep that was my thought as well.

This is the problem with the authorities and the marchers refusing to differentiate between peaceful protestors and violent thugs is it means all protestors have to be treated as thugs.

I personally have no problem with anyone saying anything whether I agree or not as long as they’re peaceful and not practicing nor inciting violence.

By refusing to differentiate and to cooperate with authorities in arranging march routes and such (which happened here in my home) they’re creating a self fulfilling prophecy. Hey say they’re disenfranchised but they’re not; they’re doing it to themselves but refuse to recognize that.

This is all such a mess. Barak was a symptom of the problem but he sure fanned the flames.

Good on these guys for guarding their town and making clear that they weren’t opposed to peaceful protest but to destruction of property. They did a great job IMHO.

Yep. Blacks say they can't trust cops, but apparently we are supposed to trust protestors.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by steve4102
Event organizer Ty Flynn , a 19-year-old Elkins resident, said Monday he wanted to thank local law enforcement officers for their efforts in keeping Elkins safe on Sunday.

Wait What!

You are organizing a protest, riot, aimed at your hatred for the Police and now you want to thank them for doing a good job???

Apparently, Mr. Ty Flynn won't be getting his ass washed in Elkins and will need to take a flight to Minnystupidus or another liberal schithole to accomplish that end.
Originally Posted by BobMt

they are....but blm and Antifa are not the problem.....the mayors...city counsel.....on up to the senators….etc...they condone and encourage this behavior......bob

The policiians need to go first, before anything else is done, then the police chiefs that sided with them. Replace all of them with Constitutionally-minded conservatives and THEN see what happens to these riotors and looters.

No sense going after the rioters first when the patriot is the one arrested and convicted of a crime. Start at the top.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
yes Bristoe that is true .Before moving to Lexington Ky 33 years ago i grew up in very small town West Virginia ,use to trout fish around Elkins .BLM protest and antifa looting ,will not go over there well.They will not have free reign ,like the big citiies ,like someone here said Elkins is not Seattle ,these boys will push back
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
If an all black firearm shoots a black person would it be black on black?

Posted By: 12344mag Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20

I'll bet Leroy was there.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Elkins WVa. Seriously. Small black population. Poverty line, 21% of everyone lives below it and those above it are not that far. Appalachia the oppressors? Actually, historically, Appalachians are among the oppressed. They should be marching to give all of Appalachia a fair shake. Not stigmatized as the toothless ignorant hillbilly living in a shack that has been called as their story for far too many years. Not that, but for the proud capable people they are.

The thing is the people of Appalachia do not make that the center of their identity. They do not identify themselves as victims.
I'm willing to bet that, instead of being "anti-protesters," these folks are anti-rioters, anti-looters, and anti-arsonists.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
“We absolutely discourage that,” Bennett said Monday. “It is imperative to allow police to do their jobs.”

The problem is that, in some places, the police are not (or are not permitted to) doing their jobs.
Like those anti-protestors - I respect the right to PEACEFULLY protest - but, violence breeds (sometimes necessary) violence.

Exactly.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20

From what I have observed, the police are all about control. In the academy they are taught the first thing you do is take control of the situation. I think that is a necessary part of dealing with people in a small group. That is why they show up with overwhelming force.
In the case of a protest, peaceful or otherwise, the police may very well be outnumbered and they know they can easily loose control. That is why the first option is to disperse the crowd. In the case of a confrontation between two armed factions, the police get very nervous because they can quickly become targets or irrelevant. They are also under ROE from their superiors which are often based on political objectives, not public safety or officer's safety. Tough situation and often there is no right decision.
Originally Posted by 45_100

From what I have observed, the police are all about control. In the academy they are taught the first thing you do is take control of the situation. I think that is a necessary part of dealing with people in a small group. That is why they show up with overwhelming force.
In the case of a protest, peaceful or otherwise, the police may very well be outnumbered and they know they can easily loose control. That is why the first option is to disperse the crowd. In the case of a confrontation between two armed factions, the police get very nervous because they can quickly become targets or irrelevant. They are also under ROE from their superiors which are often based on political objectives, not public safety or officer's safety. Tough situation and often there is no right decision.
They don't look to be in control of jack shixt at the moment.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
The cops can go protect the snowflakes with lace on their drawers who are too pussified to protect themselves. The rest of us don't need somebody with a badge and a gun to hide behind. We will take care of business before the cops can leave the donut shop!
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
From the article...................

“I’m hoping that my voice will inspire others to use their voice and assist Elkins in lifting up our voices, but for now a march/gathering is unsafe to have. I plan on creating something more unifying for our community but I will not be planning anything else for a time.”

I cannot think of a single incident or location where BLM has done one single thing toward unifying anything.................they are at the forefront & pinnacle of division between various community groups & factions.

I hope this scenario is repeated across the entire country in ever community.

MM
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'm willing to bet that, instead of being "anti-protesters," these folks are anti-rioters, anti-looters, and anti-arsonists.
... correct
Originally Posted by BobMt

I have to disagree.

I was pissed at the protesters here. But they were peaceful, and
didn't even swear. (Symbolism only in a community that's 98% White.
we haven't ever had a black man shot by police that I can remember.
Heck, our civilian self defense shootings are 2x or more the cops)

Protests have a stigma with me, and I just knee jerk dislike them.

But, it's the American way. No sarcasm either.

Hey! my wife and daughters have even marched in the Right To Life
march in D.C.!

Protected by the constitution, our forefathers wanted us to
be able to protest enough to codify it.
It's Appalachia. They're pro, "You aren't welcome here".

Said it before and I'll say it again. People can go into Appalachia and not have anything to worry about if they behave. But it's the last place in the country you want to go and stir up schitt.

They don't tolerate that very well at all.

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with protestors, even those who are obviously wrong, like those pro-Floyd people etc. As long as they don't block the road and don't start shixt with folks, don't loot, burn and vandalize. Protest all you want. Call the po-po jackbooted thugs. Whatever. It's your right. Just don't start shixt.
Exactly Ethan!

Even though I still think in terms of scraggly haired, dope smoking
hippies that need soap and water!
Coming up on Direct TV JUNE 21 Search Matewan. I've seen it several times.

It's Appalachia. They're pro, "You aren't welcome here".

Said it before and I'll say it again. People can go into Appalachia and not have anything to worry about if they behave. But it's the last place in the country you want to go and stir up schitt.

They don't tolerate that very well at all.

Posted By: BobMt Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with protestors, even those who are obviously wrong, like those pro-Floyd people etc. As long as they don't block the road and don't start shixt with folks, don't loot, burn and vandalize. Protest all you want. Call the po-po jackbooted thugs. Whatever. It's your right. Just don't start shixt.

no doubt...i agree.....but when they start pulling scchitt.....its the people in charge that allow it....that is the real problem.....bob
Posted By: centershot Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20

+1, right up until the first brick flies then the police should stop it. If they need help then the National Guard, if that doesn't do it send in the Marines. Protesters do not have the right to destroy or steal other's property or infringe on their rights.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
scraggly haired, dope smoking hippies that need soap and water!

France?
Posted By: dave284 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
scraggly haired, dope smoking hippies that need soap and water!

France?

LOL
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Quotes from Matewan. BTW, it was filmed at Thurmond WV.

Older Baldwin-Felts man: Ever hear of the Hatfields and McCoys, son?
Young Baldwin-Felts man: Heh. Sure I have have.
Older Baldwin-Felts man: This here Matewan's their stompin' ground. They'll put a bullet in your brain just as soon as look at you.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
The Felts portion of Baldwin-Felts was from Galax Va.

Wifes family/kin from Hillsville had a little bit of a run in with them back in the day.
Killed damn near every 'official' in the courthouse.

https://www.roanoke.com/news/virgin...5d0d7f3-6e1f-57c4-83be-fceb3d98dafd.html
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Handy hint for protestors: if you go to hicksville to protest the police and the local Sheriff looks like this guy, it would probably be a good idea to turn your ass around and call it a day.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Older Baldwin-Felts man: This here Matewan's their stompin' ground. They'll put a bullet in your brain just as soon as look at you.

Owned by the NPS. Great day trip.
Originally Posted by auk1124
Handy hint for protestors: if you go to hicksville to protest the police and the local Sheriff looks like this guy, it would probably be a good idea to turn your ass around and call it a day.

[Linked Image]

Not to mention his name is Hatfield.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Owned by the NPS. Great day trip.

I've got to get there sometime, Phelps is as far as I've been and have never stepped foot in Kentucky even though I've lived within 60-70 mile all of my life.
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20

284 It doesn't pull up on mine. What channel and time if it still does on yours please?
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by 45_100
[quote=mark shubert]“We absolutely discourage that,” Bennett said Monday. “It is imperative to allow police to do their jobs.”

They don't look to be in control of jack shixt at the moment.
[/quote

Totally agree and they don't know what to do.
Originally Posted by 007FJ

284 It doesn't pull up on mine. What channel and time if it still does on yours please?

WNPB Chanel 24 but I'm recieving of deifferent sat than you so it would be diff than you

TITLE

Them that work: How Matewan Inspired A State

Maybe if you call DTV will check the listing for your location.

Best,284
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Hillbillies vs BLM - 06/17/20
Thanks. That's channel not on mine is the issue I'm sure
© 24hourcampfire