Home
Posted By: blairvt 1917 Eddystone - 09/20/20
Took it out shooting and it doesn't eject. It extracts it from the chamber but then just leaves it laying over the next round. What needs to be fixed?
Posted By: WTF Re: 1917 Eddystone - 09/20/20
New ejector ?
Posted By: TheKid Re: 1917 Eddystone - 09/20/20
Ejector spring is broken. A little looking will find that is the weak point in the 1917s. Last time I needed one I had a bit of trouble locating one. Good luck
Posted By: blairvt Re: 1917 Eddystone - 09/20/20
Where exactly is the ejector spring located?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: 1917 Eddystone - 09/21/20
The best thing is to replace it with the coil spring type. Never have to worry about it again. You could also modify your existing ejector with a coil spring. I've done them both ways:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: model70man Re: 1917 Eddystone - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The best thing is to replace it with the coil spring type. Never have to worry about it again. You could also modify your existing ejector with a coil spring. I've done them both ways:

BSA,

Where can I find a coil spring type ejector Sir?
Originally Posted by model70man
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

BSA,

Where can I find a coil spring type ejector Sir?

I'd check Numrich or Brownells. I used to see them on ebay occasionally. MIdway used to sell them, but I believe they are discontinued there.
Posted By: model70man Re: 1917 Eddystone - 09/21/20
Thank you Sir!
Yep, good luck with it. If you can't locate a good one from Numrich, try modifying yours to use the coil spring. Don't cut the slots too deep, as that will weaken the ejector. A dremel with a cut off wheel is what I've used in the past. A good hardware store like ACE usually has coil springs that you can cut down to make work. Its a cheap easy fix that will/should last the lifetime of the rifle.
© 24hourcampfire