Home
Will a 7mm WSM reamer clean up a 7x57 chamber? I’m entertaining the idea for a NIB, intermediate-length Zastava action that I bought, coupled with a good-shooting 7x57 barrel (aftermarket, not old military) that I happen to have. All work to be done by a competent gunsmith, of course. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
My advice - forget it... Seriously..
Originally Posted by Redneck

I would second that. GD
You'd have to open up the bolt face too, so probably too much work ($$$) for a low cost firearm.
Originally Posted by greydog

I would second that. GD

3rd. Vermont just like here in Maine. No need for the speed. Leave it or be prepared for constant ridicule!!
And would it feed from the magazine properly??
Lots of complications in that conversion.
No way I’d do it.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Rechamber from 7x57 to 7mm WSM - 01/03/21
Take a couple aspirins, lay down, let the notion pass...

I would second that. GD

My first thought was why?

DF
Posted By: z1r Re: Rechamber from 7x57 to 7mm WSM - 01/03/21
A more easily accomplished task is to lengthen the the throat to take advantage of the 3.230" mag box most intermediate Zastava actions have.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I would second that. GD

My first thought was why?

DF

[quote=Redneck]My advice - forget it... Seriously.. [/quote

I'm with DF and Redneck.
Well if you want a 7 mm wissum it's an easy conversion you just put yours in the classifieds and sell it , then hit the internet and search till you find an already built 7mm wissum and buy it. You send me your snail mail addy and I'll send you my consulting bill. Special 2021 pull your head out before you suffocate advice at reduced rates. Mb
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well if you want a 7 mm wissum it's an easy conversion you just put yours in the classifieds and sell it , then hit the internet and search till you find an already built 7mm wissum and buy it. You send me your snail mail addy and I'll send you my consulting bill. Special 2021 pull your head out before you suffocate advice at reduced rates. Mb

If you really want a 7 WSM, that would be the plan, IMO. You'd be way ahead of the game...

That makes dollars and sense.

DF
What's the twist rate in your donor barrel? and would it work for the WSSM??
Getting the brass to feed all the time takes a while to get right.

It would not be the way i would get there.

Look for the rifle in the cambering you want and sell this one.
OK, gents. I hear ya! Guess I’ll just stick with my .280 Remington, .280 Ackley and 7mm-08 for 7mm weaponry and screw my 10-twist 6mm Remington barrel onto that Zastava. Thanks for the scolding. I musta needed it!
That's why we're here.
© 24hourcampfire