Home
I am looking for a rear sight for a JC Higgins Model 50 that I am restoring. Any of you guys have one? PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks.
Was that a fold down sight similar to what was on Winchesters?
Was that a fold down sight similar to what was on Winchesters?
Should be a ladder type rear sight. I have a copy of an original owners manual (I can email) if needed.
I've pulled a ton on model 50 barrels off. I'll check to see if I still have any sights left over.
Coopdog,

I have rebarreled numerous M-50's and M-51's. I just noticed one in the basement the other day. Usually, I just throw the barrrels away. (If they are in '06) I did sell one once, however. The one I found is a M-51. PM me your addy and I"ll send you the sight...
I believe they are the same... - G.H.
There are two types. The earlier one the dovetail is up close to the receiver ring... backards like. The other is the same type but dovetail is in the traditional position. One style may fit both, not sure.
GeoW: I had one of those earlier models once in .270 Win. Only reason I sold it, was because the way that backward sight was mounted. it was so ugly, I wouldn't put it in my safe for fear that some of that UGLY would wear off on my other rifles... grin
© 24hourcampfire