Home
I have been tinkering on an old '06 700 BDL. This is the first rifle I ever bought, brand new in 1976...so it has some sentimental value to me. Only about 750 rounds through it and am not planning to put on a new barrel.

So far I have put a Trigger Tech trigger in it and new steel bottom metal. I want to try a stock with an Al bedding block and saw some I liked on the Stocky's web site. Any one with input on whether these stocks with the AccuBlock are any good? The price is good for an Al bedded system.
Three things in a rifle with differing thermal expansion rates... why not add a third?

IMO&E they are the answer to the question no one should be asking. There is zero real evidence of advantage in use.
I think I had one of their LRC Sporter stocks - it was very stiff, bolted up solid with a good centering of the barrel in the channel, but was pretty heavy.

So - if you are playing the weight game, make sure you pick the right wrapper for the block.

I didn't have any issues with a data point of one, but I did trade mine to a buddy to put on his magnum, it looks good, and he's happy with the result.
I've used a couple, but I skim bed them.
© 24hourcampfire