Home
Posted By: PA_Bob Glass Bedding availability - 02/20/21
I am ready to bed a 338 WM/Rem 700 ASAP but it appears Acraglas and my fave Bedrock are unavailable. Suggestions?
MarineTex GRAY is probably the most widely used today. Very predictable - no surprises but very sticky, so take your time.
Posted By: PA_Bob Re: Glass Bedding availability - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
MarineTex GRAY is probably the most widely used today. Very predictable - no surprises but very sticky, so take your time.

Is that the Rapid Set in the tubes? Thanks for the info!
Posted By: TheKid Re: Glass Bedding availability - 02/20/21
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/travaco--marine-tex-epoxy-putty-repair-kit-gray--P0153718?recordNum=4

Small kit will do a bunch of stocks if you’re Just catching the lug. Full length jobs it’ll do 2 or 3.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Glass Bedding availability - 02/20/21
Brownells has acraglass. https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=acraglass&ksubmit=y
Posted By: PA_Bob Re: Glass Bedding availability - 02/20/21
Thanks everyone!
Ebay always has Devcon 10110. I buy it in the pound containers. $30.03+$7.94 for shipping. I much prefer it over accraglass for bedding compound. It is also cheaper than marine tex.
I switched to JB Weld ...
Posted By: Heeler Re: Glass Bedding availability - 02/20/21
Just did a couple with Pro-Bed.
Started doing my own and using Devcon. Easy to work with and turns out well. I've done a few now and haven't had an issue.
Marine Tex....period.
Originally Posted by PA_Bob
Originally Posted by Offshoreman

Is that the Rapid Set in the tubes? Thanks for the info!

It’ll set rapidly if you apply heat.
Posted By: powdr Re: Glass Bedding availability - 02/24/21
tag
Pro Bed is great stuff...it's all I use. -Al
Pro-Bed is really good stuff and works well.
Posted By: Heeler Re: Glass Bedding availability - 03/02/21
You guys using the Pro Bed. Do you add any of the silica thickening agent? I haven’t as it seems the basic mix is plenty thick in itself.
I find Devcon really easy to work with, especially on stocks with aluminium bedding blocks. Works well on timber stocks as well.

Cheers.
Make your own, I use G-2 epoxy, mini-fibers, carb-a-sil and a colourant. A nice walnut brown. No sense being ugly.
Originally Posted by Heeler
You guys using the Pro Bed. Do you add any of the silica thickening agent? I haven’t as it seems the basic mix is plenty thick in itself.

No need for the thickening agent. Go to Hobby lobby and buy the miniature trowels and thank me later. It is by far my favorite for bedding although I have never used Devcon then again I never had a need to look elsewhere.
© 24hourcampfire