Home
Posted By: OAM 700 adl-bdl conversion - 04/14/21
I have a rem 700 adl in 260 rem. Can anybody recommend the conversion kit to go to bdl? Normally I wouldn't care but I have a nice stock for it that's a bdl model.
Posted By: pullit Re: 700 adl-bdl conversion - 04/14/21
I think Midway and some others have the conversion kits
Posted By: WiFowler Re: 700 adl-bdl conversion - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by pullit
I think Midway and some others have the conversion kits

Brownells and Redhawk Rifle come to mind. You'll need the hinged bottom metal and follower spring. Follower and action screws you currently have should fill the bill.
Posted By: pullit Re: 700 adl-bdl conversion - 04/15/21
The mag box is different as well, but you can cut the one you have down if you don't want to buy the correct one
Posted By: OAM Re: 700 adl-bdl conversion - 04/16/21
Great info guys. Thanks alot!
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: 700 adl-bdl conversion - 04/17/21
You need a BDL bottom metal (trigger guard w/hinged floorplate) plus you'll need a BDL-type magazine box, which is not as tall as the ADL. To keep the BDL magazine box from rattling around, you'll also need a 4-40 x .25 screw that you insert through the little tab on the right-rear of the magazine box. PM me if you need further details or help finding any of the items you don't have.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: 700 adl-bdl conversion - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
You need a BDL bottom metal (trigger guard w/hinged floorplate) plus you'll need a BDL-type magazine box, which is not as tall as the ADL. To keep the BDL magazine box from rattling around, you'll also need a 4-40 x .25 screw that you insert through the little tab on the right-rear of the magazine box. PM me if you need further details or help finding any of the items you don't have.

It is the ADL box that has the tab for the screw. I grind them off...
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: 700 adl-bdl conversion - 04/21/21
Crap, my mistake - must be my early Alzheimers acting up
© 24hourcampfire