Home
So I recently paid a smith $40 to use his camera to look at the bore of my barrel. I saw a lot of copper fouling, which could be the issue with the accuracy from this gun. I purchased it used and I do clean it but not with a heavy bore form (acid) cleaner. This time I did use a form cleaner but now I want to inspect the barrel again to see if I got it all. I would rather not spend $40 again since 1) I have a lot of rifles and 2) the prices I saw on Amazon would pay for itself in a couple of uses of the camera.

For example the Teslong Rifle Borescope, Bore Camera Gun Cleaning Camera - Fits .20 Caliber & Larger-Hunting Shooting Firearms Visual Barrel Inspection Tool w/3 Right-Angle Mirrors and Carrying Case(45inch-Flexible) cost $45. Is this a good deal? Do I need to buy the $250 camera?

-HaYen
The Teslong works fine. I have one and it does all I need.
Many here have them and have provided positive feedback.
Thank you NVhntr
I bought a Teslong and could not get it to link up with my phone. Had a buddy that is more tech savey than me that also has a Teslong and he could not get my phone to work. I sent it back and paid the little extra and got the model that has the screen with it. It works great and I have had not problem with it.
We aware if you are OCD it will make you crazy looking at the little imperfections in your bore. Before I run it in my bore, I have to tell myself, "this rifle shoots great, don't fix something that is not broke".....lol
I bought the Apple compatible model of the Teslong. Easily connects to my iPhone or iPad and has very good resolution. Best $100 I have spent lately.
Never thought of that. Yes I'm OCD as well and I can see myself nik pick every imperfection.
Teslong is GTG. You need to tweak the mirror setup etc depending on the bore you put it down but it's pretty great for $50.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
The Teslong works fine. I have one and it does all I need.
Many here have them and have provided positive feedback.

I have a Teslong 10" for checking pistol and revolver barrels. It works with my lap top or cell phone.

kwg
If you are an idiot with a computer, then the Lyman Gen II is the way to go, I have the Teslong and the Hawkeye also.
I really see no need for a bore camera. It will tell you that the barrel needs cleaning. Anything else that it will tell you, you can't do to much about !

Hip
I mainly bought mine to inspect the chamber/throat area when I am chambering a barrel, but can be and is used to look at the bore itself.
© 24hourcampfire