Home
Posted By: Bobcat85 Savage 340E bolt issues - 06/25/21
It takes a serious amount of pressure on the bolt handle to cock allowing bolt to be pushed downward. The bolts slides smoothly in receiver until the last 3/8" then needs a lot of pressure to cock and seat the bolt. Has anyone else seen this issue? Any ideals and what causes this?
Thanks
Posted By: Bobcat85 Re: Savage 340E bolt issues - 06/26/21
Never mind...I figured it out. It is suppose to cock on opening the bolt, not closing it. Some one jury rigged this one bad. Have to rebuild the bolt to fix it. Anyone have a bolt. For a Savage 340 they dont need?
Thanks
Mickey
hang on to the one you have. they are getting like hens teeth. may be easier to rebuild then to find another one.
they show up on ebay once in a while. if you have good equity in your house you may be able to cover what those bandits want for one.
Posted By: Bobcat85 Re: Savage 340E bolt issues - 06/27/21
Hell of it is....its not mine but my BIL. He knows squat about guns past shooting them. I was intrigued by it as that's just me. It can be a good little shooter if I can find the parts.
Once I get it fixed.....hell probably sell it and make a 3-4 hundred dollar profit since "family" does not charge for personal work....Haha.
Posted By: nash22 Re: Savage 340E bolt issues - 06/27/21
Numrich has bolts. I order one for an early model 340, they sent one for a 340 E. Just returned it to them.
I'll check back with them. As of this AM, it was showing our of stock. Thanks for the info!
Posted By: nash22 Re: Savage 340E bolt issues - 06/27/21
It showed out of stock when I ordered, but that's the one they sent.
Posted By: Bobcat85 Re: Savage 340E bolt issues - 07/11/21
I got lucky. Last week they had a complete bolt for sale and it arrived today. Problem solved!

Thanks
Mickey
Posted By: nash22 Re: Savage 340E bolt issues - 07/11/21
Glad you found one. I received the correct one for mine and it headspaced good. 😀😀
© 24hourcampfire