Home
Any ideas on a decent way to convert the pistol grip on the RAR to a more vertical grip? I’ve seen the God-A-Grip and that may be an option. But I’d like something a little more substantial than that. Without costing a more than the stocks worth or looking like it was tossed on there. Any options? Thanks.
Originally Posted by hillbillyjake
Any ideas on a decent way to convert the pistol grip on the RAR to a more vertical grip? I’ve seen the God-A-Grip and that may be an option. But I’d like something a little more substantial than that. Without costing a more than the stocks worth or looking like it was tossed on there. Any options? Thanks.

God-a-grip?

If'n I were looking at this, I'd shape up some wood, screw and Devcon the heck out of it and refinish the whole works.

There's not much beyond removing the raised "ribs" that can be done to reshape them IME, hence the suggestion of adding some material for the vertical aspect....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Your suggestion is just about where I’m at with it. About the only option, I think.
As a quick easy fix I use modeling clay to build up the grip area to where I like it then I wrap it with what ever color of vet wrap you like. It feels good and is removable with no damage.
Old thread but I use 3M Bondo long strand filler. Has chopped fiberglass mixed in. Applies up to an inch thick. I used it for vertical grip conversions and widening forends. Rasp up your grip for adhesion and add the bondo, file to shape.
@ralfus. Did you put any screws or dowels i to the existing grip for the bondo to adhere to?
Originally Posted by hillbillyjake
@ralfus. Did you put any screws or dowels i to the existing grip for the bondo to adhere to?

No, just scuffed up the base material om a plastic B&C stock
© 24hourcampfire