Home
My son has the LVSF in .223 and he does not like the stock but the LVSF stick does not have the bottom metal. Since he likes the bottom metal I got the Grayboe with bottom metal.
When I got the Grayboe and the S/A bottom metal from someone here (still in Brownell's packaging) I removed the LVSF stock and moved the LVSF rifle to the Grayboe and notice the mag did not fit with the Brownell's floorplate/trigger assy.

My question is would I need to get the standard S/A mag? Would this fit? It appears the LVSF mag is a little too big for the Brownell's floorplate/trigger assy?

BTW I am realizing this is more of a hassle as I got to order parts individually but oh well...thanks in advance for chiming in.
The box dimensions are the same for the 223 and the standard short action. Remington doesn't make a different BDL assembly for the 223. The 223 box is just a SA box that's been modified with an internal spacer at the rear of the box.
Are you trying to use an ADL sheet metal magazine box with a BDL floor plate?
The ADL is longer and will not work with a BDL style floor plate in a stock with standard dimensions.

You will need a BDL magazine box for a 223 size cartridge.

Originally Posted by MoranoGrande
Are you trying to use an ADL sheet metal magazine box with a BDL floor plate?
The ADL is longer and will not work with a BDL style floor plate in a stock with standard dimensions.

You will need a BDL magazine box for a 223 size cartridge.

This.

If you are using the original ADL mag box that came in the gun, it won't fit. You need to order a BDL magazine box to work with the new hinged floorplate
Dude, you broke the code - I didn't realize he was going from ADL to BDL.
© 24hourcampfire