Home
Posted By: steveredd1 Recoil pads - 02/01/23
which recoil pad cuts recoil more, kick eez, limbersaver, or pachmayr deceleration, which you like better, which grids to fit the best
Posted By: plumbum Re: Recoil pads - 02/01/23
I have decelerators and a limbsaver, the limbsaver seems a bit better for recoil, but the decelerators are good enough, and easier to shape for me.
Posted By: shooter42 Re: Recoil pads - 02/01/23
the decelerators grind easiest and are tough enough for field use. they do work well in recoil control. the other two grind well enough if you freeze them first. they may mitigate recoil better, but I can't feel it. they are soft though. don't be surprised if you tear the toe when shooting from the bench or the pad during field use.
Posted By: killerv Re: Recoil pads - 02/01/23
limbsaver on a synthetic stock, decelerator on a wood stock

decelerators grind real nice. Just replaced one on a 80s 700 mountain rifle
Posted By: pullit Re: Recoil pads - 02/01/23
It is not just a matter of changing recoil pad to cut recoil, but it is more about stock fitting to you that will help.
That said, recoil pads do help but spend some time getting the stock to fit you.
Posted By: steveredd1 Re: Recoil pads - 02/01/23
Originally Posted by pullit
It is not just a matter of changing recoil pad to cut recoil, but it is more about stock fitting to you that will help.
That said, recoil pads do help but spend some time getting the stock to fit you.

hard to fit a stock when it's a Knox stock
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Recoil pads - 02/01/23
Originally Posted by shooter42
the decelerators grind easiest and are tough enough for field use. they do work well in recoil control. the other two grind well enough if you freeze them first. they may mitigate recoil better, but I can't feel it. they are soft though. don't be surprised if you tear the toe when shooting from the bench or the pad during field use.
Freezing...I hadn't thought of that. Ya gotta love the 'fire braintrust, better than Yourube.
Posted By: DaveinWV Re: Recoil pads - 02/01/23
steveredd1, if your recoil problem is at the bench, I suggest getting a PAST recoil shield. The Decelerator with the plastic insert at the top for a more snag free mount is what I suggest.
Posted By: steveredd1 Re: Recoil pads - 02/01/23
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
steveredd1, if your recoil problem is at the bench, I suggest getting a PAST recoil shield. The Decelerator with the plastic insert at the top for a more snag free mount is what I suggest.

it's a Knoxx stock for a 870, has a hard plastic butt, slugs and buckshot beats you senseless
Posted By: 338reddog Re: Recoil pads - 02/03/23
I have only ground one K.E. Tons of decelerators. KE ground just fine. I am not so sure about grinding a LS. Freezing may work?
I have a LS on my Benelli Super Black Eagle really nice for recoil. LS did replace the first one as it melted in my safe. Second one has been on for 8–9 years with no issues
I do have one decelerator that has hardened and become slick. But its 15 years old or there about
© 24hourcampfire