Home
I’ve got a Ruger Red Label and the vent rib is loose and rattling. It’s not loose where it connects to the barrel but loose at the top rib part itself. There are no visible screws and I am not sure exactly how it connects. Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks!
Posted By: pullit Re: Loose VR on Ruger Red Label - 02/02/23
Not 100% on the Ruger but a lot of ribs are set up on a Tee slot system. The post are welded/silver soldered onto the barrel and the rib sides on thru the tee slot. Most all I have seen have a small cross pin to hold them in place every so often.
According to Ruger it is supposed to be that way. That was what I was told when I called about the same issue. They said something to do with barrels heating up and??? Cant remember but never was a issue. Sold the gun and went to a Browning.
I really liked my 20 R.L but a guy offered a new in the box 12 ga. I shot the 12 really well but it kicked a little too much for clays. My Dad got a 12ga sporting clays that thing was the proverbial mule and one round of skeet or trap would be enough for the day. We put a sliding butt pad thingy on it( think two opposing wedges with adjustable spring tension) still kicked.
Mine is a 20ga as well. I haven’t shot it yet and have only had it a few weeks. I just noticed the rattling of the VR and thought something was wrong with it. If it’s a common issue (or not an issue) then I can live with it.
https://www.shotgunworld.com/threads/ruger-red-label-loose-vent-rib-fix.79978/
Thanks for that link. I’m not going to worry about it then. Thanks again everyone!
Posted By: dale06 Re: Loose VR on Ruger Red Label - 02/04/23
What others said, that’s normal. I had two of them.
© 24hourcampfire