Home
Posted By: mpwolf bedding a barrel nut? - 09/12/23
I'm bedding a Remage barrelled action into a boyds stock. I usually bed an inch or two in front of the lug with sporter barrels, but haven't done a barrel nut before. Do I put a couple turns of tape around it and float from the lug forward, or bed the nut itself?
Posted By: flintlocke Re: bedding a barrel nut? - 09/12/23
I've put together 2 turkey shoot 'sleeper' rifles on Sav 110 actions...and skipped all bedding contact forward of the action...with great results on target.
Posted By: shaman Re: bedding a barrel nut? - 09/12/23
I thought they were called "Rifle Looneys" and not barrel nuts. As far as bedding one of them, I've never met one I thought was my type. YMMV.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: bedding a barrel nut? - 09/12/23
Originally Posted by shaman
I thought they were called "Rifle Looneys" and not barrel nuts. As far as bedding one of them, I've never met one I thought was my type. YMMV.
Snork...coffee on the keyboard.
Originally Posted by mpwolf
I'm bedding a Remage barrelled action into a boyds stock. I usually bed an inch or two in front of the lug with sporter barrels, but haven't done a barrel nut before. Do I put a couple turns of tape around it and float from the lug forward, or bed the nut itself?

Whats your purpose of building a Remage?

The first thing that comes to my mind is switching to another barrel easily at home. If that's the case it is HIGHLY unlikely that the barrel nut will clock to the exact same place again. Unless you want to bed the nut every time you fiddle with it I would leave the nut free floated. Just common sense to me.
© 24hourcampfire