Home
I recently purchased a savage 10 chambered in 223 at my LGS (top bolt release). The sticker claimed Jewell trigger.
It is a very nice trigger. Breaks consistent at 12 oz where its set at the moment. It is as good or better than any of the SSS triggers that I have in other savages of the same generation.
My limited research indicates that Jewell did make a trigger for Savage 110s, but not for long.
Anyone have any experience with them? Is my trigger a jewell? Or something else?
At the moment I am trying to gather as much info as I can.

Pics:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/18768651#Post18768651
I have a few Jewells on Remington rifles. None of mine look anything like that one. My side plates are stainless steel but yours appears to be cast.
I am not saying yours is not a Jewell, but it looks nothing like the ones I have seen.
Thanks for that info, Pullit.
After doing an image search of Savage 110 aftermarket triggers, I am 90% sure that the trigger is a rifle basix. Looks like the adjustment range is 4oz-3lbs.
I am going to say mystery solved here.
Rifle Basix is a good trigger and depending on what you are doing, should work fine. I have one or two on varmint rigs that are in the 8 to 12 oz. range.
If memory servers me rite I believe these were ONLY available thru Fred and only for a short time

Jim
Originally Posted by Hippy
If memory servers me rite I believe these were ONLY available thru Fred and only for a short time

Jim

Those were the SSS triggers that were proprietary to them. The Jewell Savage trigger was available directly from Arnold...while he was making them. I've had both.

Good shootin' - Al
I guess that i have been fortunate to have at least one of Arnold's triggers for the Remington, Custom action rifles, AR15, Ruger 10-22, and Savage. My Savage had SS side plates.
My youngest son in Kali has the Savage, Wade Hull at Shilen has the AR15, and Nez Rongero has the 10-22.
© 24hourcampfire