Home
Wanting to swap a browning abolt over into a browning synthetic factory stock Swapped every thing over but the floor plate latch is way to difficult to latch…. Removed the magazine from the latch and clicks in no problem at all With the magazine in place it seems the top of the magazine is actually touching the bottom of the receiver before it can latch into place Taking any ideas and suggestions before I move forward EVERYTJONG falls right into place and functions perfectly with the wood stock Would really like to utilize the synthetic for all weather hunting
Have you thought of a spacer between the bottom metal and the stock? A couple of washers should serve that purpose.
The magazine box needs to be ground a bit shorter. And there needs to be enough room that the magazine does not touch the receiver when it is in place.
Shorten the box and allow .015-.020 clearance when it's all latched up.

Good shootin' -Al
Is it possible to shorten the box? It clips into the floor plate right? Also Shortening from the top would mess with the feed
lips?
I would try a spacer in between the floorplate and stock. i would Start there before you modify anything.
Also on Boyds website it says that there was a metal shim for the rear supplied with some rifles
ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: Boyds' has designed the Browning A-Bolt stocks so you do not have to use the rear metal shim that is supplied by Browning for some models
ALL GOOD IDEAS GENTLEMAN......... may try the shim way first experiment with that first and then if that doesnt work try to polish the magazine a little thanks for all the input
Good idea. My strong preference is to start with the simplest solution. There is no point in complicating something as simple as a two car funeral.
Just an update Slim shim did the trick Every thing torqued to spec and functioning smooth as silk Thanks for the ideas on the simple fix
© 24hourcampfire