Home
I have a 1970's Winchester model 70 .243. I would like to replace the wood stock with a synthetic one. I believe that these era of 70s all used a long action? If so do I just buy any long action stock? I don't shoot this rifle a lot, so I like to buy a factory take off or lower budget aftermarket stock.

thanks for the help
Any stock of that vintage will do. I don't recall when Winchester produced the first short (ish) action, but I think it was around 1978. GD
look on ebay. there is one listed there.
Not sure whether or not you're looking for a SA or a LA - what is the exact distance between the guard screws on your M70?
Will this work?
https://www.cdnnsports.com/gun-parts/stocks/sporter-short-brn-lam.html
Originally Posted by greydog
Any stock of that vintage will do. I don't recall when Winchester produced the first short (ish) action, but I think it was around 1978. GD
Little later; 83/84.
Originally Posted by greydog

1984. So, just about any long action model 70 post 64 stock will work. Doesn't even have to be from that era. As an example, a factory tupperware stock from a newer classic will work.
Thanks for the help fellas. This is a little bit down on my priority list, but I want to be able to grab one if I see a good deal.
I have a short m70 I'm fooling around with and lately grabbed a piece of maple and have been attacking it to fit the m70 and have a hogue I'll take this rifle out of. you might find it interesting also I've gotten an oal of 3.26 into the box magazine in my m70 after some cutting and box extending
Sent you a PM.
© 24hourcampfire