Home
Posted By: Clemson Wanna Guess?? - 03/12/24
What sets this gun apart from any other $25 junk rifle?

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]MN2 by .com/photos/24542443@N04/]jakefromclemson, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]MN1 by .com/photos/24542443@N04/]jakefromclemson, on [bleep]
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Wanna Guess?? - 03/12/24
It belonged to Stalin’s mother?
Posted By: Clemson Re: Wanna Guess?? - 03/12/24
Close, but no cigar..............
Posted By: Goomba777 Re: Wanna Guess?? - 03/12/24
Maybe somebody' old needle gun ? Mussolini's Grandma ?
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Wanna Guess?? - 03/12/24
Manual cocking? Few had the folding bayonet,but not on the side
Posted By: Clemson Re: Wanna Guess?? - 03/12/24
Good guesses, folks. What actually sets this gun apart is that it is a Vietnam bring-back.

For those of you who happened to be in the Army or Marines during Vietnam, you know that bring-back arms were VERY rare. I see a good number of returned WWII guns. I work on them quite frequently. In about 15 years of professional gunsmithing and about 60 years of general gun work, this is the first and only verified Viet Cong rifle that I have had in my shop.

It was brought back in the condition you see, except that it was missing the rear stock bolt, but it was still in use when it came into the G.I.'s hands who brought it back. Ugly, but a priceless trophy to him!

Clemson
Posted By: Craigster Re: Wanna Guess?? - 03/13/24
Does he have the "bring back paper" (DD603) ? If not, it's only a story.
Posted By: Clemson Re: Wanna Guess?? - 03/14/24
There is apparently a photo of the soldier holding this gun in the field. Whether he had papers or stuck it in his duffle, we will never know. He is now dead. The fact that it was missing the rear stock screw would add some credence to the duffle bag theory.
© 24hourcampfire