Home
Looking for recommendations on gunsmith. Bought win model 100, has left hand safety. Looked on internet about switching and figured I would try it myself, mistake. Seemed like an easy fix.

Got safety removed but couldn’t get it back in. Started tinkering with trigger group, another mistake. I’m slowly making a little problem much worse…

After punching two pins out of trigger group, figured I had better quit and seek a professional.

Took gun to local smith, oldtimer, after telling me you can’t believe everything you read on the internet and telling me there’s a special jig for model 100 trigger groups, which he has but hasn’t seen in years, tells me it will be 3-4 weeks before he can get to me. It’s now been 6 weeks and I haven’t heard anything.

Looking for options if he can’t get me fixed up.

Thanks
the winchesters 88 and 100 are PITA to work on, been a long while since i have, dont miss it. Good luck
Yep,first thing you do is get some slave pins to use for disassembly and assembly
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Yep,first thing you do is get some slave pins to use for disassembly and assembly

total agree, if the old timer you took it to cant get it, let me know but might require you shipping barreled action
Originally Posted by steveredd1
the winchesters 88 and 100 are PITA to work on,
AMEN brother!
........been a long while since i have, dont miss it. Good luck

I don't miss those either..
Maybe these will help. Could not find info on trigger.Will keep looking

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Thanks for the comments.

If my guy doesn’t work out, I may get in touch with steveredd1, I can see wv from my front porch. My son is a mountaineer right now so I’m always traveling through wv.
Here you go.

https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/winchester-100-trigger-assembly-trick.227005/
The W 100 is one of those strange rifles that will work w/o some of the parts. I had one without the disconnector parts,
worked fine BUT NOT RECO.
© 24hourcampfire