Home
Posted By: Bob338 Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/22/08
Is the safety lever ONLY available as replacement? What source? Remington website doesn't list separately.

Helping guide on a sheep hunt. Hunter pushes the lever forward off safe and it breaks. Bye-bye sheep. It looked like it just crystallized and snapped. I was able to get the stock off and take it off safe to continue the hunt without a safety but now curious about the replacement.
Posted By: Tony_Montana Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/22/08
Numrich lists a 'safety assembly' seperate from the trigger. I don't know if they are actually available though.
Posted By: Bob338 Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/22/08
Thanks. Not available right now, out of stock. Any place else anyone know of?
Posted By: woofer Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/22/08
try posting on the 6mmbr website and other BR sites.. those guys have to have some laying around.....

woofer
Posted By: Jkob Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/22/08
Right or left hand?
Right hand.
Thanks.
Posted By: Malm Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/22/08
The 700 safeties are also different in width. I have a box of them around here somewheres. If I knew which one it is...

PM me.
Posted By: McCray Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/22/08
Ebay search on "Remington safety" turns up #230301774899

No way involved with this auction, just FWIW.
Thanks, have a couple of good leads which should be much quicker.
Posted By: Blueprinted Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/22/08
Brownells lists them for about $30.00. It is the whole thing, but it would asure no other parts were going to break. Too bad on the sheep. Did the hunter end up scoring?
Nope. Season in that area ended yesterday. New hunter tomorrow in another area. He missed several shots starting at 50 yards with his own gun which was way off, think he fired over a dozen shots. This was the outfitters gun we gave him to shoot another and that one got away as well for the safety. It was SS and broke right at the curvature near the trigger housing. Just love Remingtons!!!Last year hunter went to crank a second shot, after a missed first, and he had the bolt handle in his hand. Missed that one too!
That is why I have Dans40xc tig weld my handles on and replace my safeties with a 3pos Winchester type.
Butch
Posted By: rembo Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/24/08
that's why I've sold three 700's lately and replaced them with Sakos....well I have to keep my original Ti 7-08...just cuz...
Posted By: aalf Re: Rem M700 Safety Lever - 10/24/08
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
That is why I have Dans40xc tig weld my handles on and replace my safeties with a 3pos Winchester type.
Butch

I've had Dan tig weld two safety levers that broke, both self induced. Cheaper and more convienient than finding a replacement. More than a fair price and a quick turn around as well.

Al
© 24hourcampfire