Home
Posted By: hunter8mm gunsmith in pa - 06/10/10
i have a a and b barrel that i bought out of midway looking for cost of finish reaming and in stall on mauser action thanks
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: gunsmith in pa - 06/10/10
Bob Green would be awful hard to beat and he is a real great guy also.
Butch
Posted By: hunter8mm Re: gunsmith in pa - 06/10/10
butchlambert1 pm with his number and information on where he is from do you have any guns he did for you
Posted By: Dennis_Mickey Re: gunsmith in pa - 06/10/10
Where in Pennsylvania are you looking for? George Herold is top notch around here!
Posted By: hunter8mm Re: gunsmith in pa - 06/10/10
southwestern
This is Bob's website http://greensrifles.com/Home_Page.php
Bob is in York, Pa. I started The Barrelman several years ago and sold about 1500 barrels a year before selling out to Jerry Stiller. I was able to make the acquaintence of many gunsmiths across the USA and overseas. Bob was one of the good ones. He bought a lot of barrels,paid his bills promptly, did work for some of the best BR shooters in the USA, and he was very interested in the welfare of his customers.
I do my own BR and fiberglass hunting rifles and the metal work on my woodstocked customs. I have not personally had Bob do anything for me. We are blessed to have several good gunsmiths in the USA. It is too bad that a few bad apples make us wonder about some of the rest.
Butch
Just do a search on this forum and you will find several that recommends Bob. http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2937726/1
Several other threads show the same. He is the only one that comes to mind in Pa. Jim Borden is in Pa. also.
Butch
Posted By: DMB Re: gunsmith in pa - 06/13/10
Don Lewis, the PA gun writer, used a gunsmith by the name of James Peightal for all of his gunsmith work. I would guess Mr. Peightal is in PA. Don Lewis had many good things to say about Mr. Peightal's work.
Posted By: DocEd Re: gunsmith in pa - 06/14/10
I had the pleasure of shooting with Bob Green, this past weekend. He's a great guy and an excellent gunsmith.
Posted By: RShooter Re: gunsmith in pa - 06/14/10
Look up Dave Bruno in Dayton Pa. ( near Kittaning ) He has done 2 builds for me and does top quality work. He does alot of benchrest work.
Also Rich & Jake at Economy gunsmithing ( Economy Pa. ) they are great guys & have a good turnaround time.
© 24hourcampfire