Home
I must have been eating retard sandwiches when I took apart my M700 triggers. I can't for the life of me figure out how to put back in the lever like spring that puts tension on the bolt release button.

Does anyone have an image for me to take a look at (can't find any on the internet), or have a very detailed description?

Thanks,
J.R.
[Linked Image]

Can anyone guess what this one is in the shop for???
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Malm
[Linked Image]

Can anyone guess what this one is in the shop for???

Almost looks like someone tried to bed the action to the stock with the trigger group installed. That's one nasty looking trigger !
Malm, that is the worst I have ever seen! Looks like it is completely full of Micro Bed and Wax.
Grease job ans oil change?
Thanks for your help Malm and Ironeagle, piece of cake once I saw the pic.
no prob bud.
This is the classic "gun fires when you close the bolt" issue. Duh!

It's a 1960's vintage 700 that hasn't ever had the trigger assembly cleaned or serviced. It will get a thorough cleaning and service, and made like new again. Only this time it will be reassembled without the use of preservatives that were originally included in these triggers.

If the owners of these 700's would have been made aware of the problems associated with the long term presence of these preservatives, and instructed how to clean the crap out before using the rifle, I believe, based on years of experience restoring Remington 700 triggers, that a large number of Remington 700 AD issues would have been avoided, leaving more time for bitching about bolt handles and extractors. grin
Malm,

Excellent point.
You should have seen a couple of the Rem 722 triggers on rifles I bought a couple of years ago.
The triggers were NEVER cleaned since the rifles were produced.
I used brake cleaner to flush the crud out of them, they were that bad.
Originally Posted by Malm
This is the classic "gun fires when you close the bolt" issue. Duh!

It's a 1960's vintage 700 that hasn't ever had the trigger assembly cleaned or serviced. It will get a thorough cleaning and service, and made like new again. Only this time it will be reassembled without the use of preservatives that were originally included in these triggers.

If the owners of these 700's would have been made aware of the problems associated with the long term presence of these preservatives, and instructed how to clean the crap out before using the rifle, I believe, based on years of experience restoring Remington 700 triggers, that a large number of Remington 700 AD issues would have been avoided, leaving more time for bitching about bolt handles and extractors. grin

Boy, you got that right Malm.......

Casey
© 24hourcampfire